Jet Fighter - F-16 Fighting Falcon

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

The Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon is a multirole jet fighter aircraft originally developed by General Dynamics for the United States Air Force. Designed as a lightweight, daytime fighter, it evolved into a successful multirole aircraft. The F-16's versatility is a paramount reason it has proven a success on the export market, having been selected to serve in the air forces of 25 nations.

Model support Shaders, gloss and damage map. Main texture is 512x512 (I know it's more than standard 256x256, but I don't use alpha channel for team color, and I did this unit thinking about civ5 and better quality of unit). Gloss map and damage map are standard sized.
Uses animations made by Servius.
Model without missiles has 760 triangles (Compared to vanilla 660).

First part comes with 5 flavour skins - for South Korea, Belgium, Israel, Thailand and Egypt.

Download Part 1 here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14525

Second part comes with next 5 flavour skins - for Sioux, Aztec, Maya, USA and Greece.

Download Part 2 here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14536

Third part comes with next 5 flavour skins - for Netherlands, Portugal, Byzantium, Turkey and Poland.

Download Part 3 here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14619

To do skins for: Japan, Generic, Norway, Iroquois, Polynesia

Can I make a proposal from some for Polynesia, Vietnam, Iroquois, Franks, Sioux, and maybe a texture for Babylon and Sumeria?

I have the first five civs in my mod.

Looking forward to the additional skins and second TheCapos skin requests :)

Is the korean roundel predominantly silver by design (instead of red / blue) ?

Thx :)

Sioux and Native Americans are different in your mod?

This is what I came with for Native Americans. Not sure if this crow symbol isn't Sioux symbol:
Note the top one (on 12 o'xloxk) has light damage states and the one on 8 o'clock - heavy damage states.

And water is my own compostition (basing a little bit on textures in colonization). Could be found for example in 1939 Mod :)

@ Mamba
The roundel is Black / Red / Blue. But on photographies of Korean F-16 all had gray roundels.

Thx snafusimth :)

More skins (for Native America, Maya, Aztec, United States, Greece) will be uploaded today :)

I'll make for Polynesia.
For Vietnam and Babylon/Sumeria I think Mig-29 would be better choice.

Sioux and Native Americans are different in your mod?

No, the Sioux and the Iroquois are distinct civs in my mod. There is no Native American civ. By the way, the texture looks fantastic, I can't wait to see the new ones you come up with. :goodjob:

Nice unit asio³. But are you sure the Belgian Air Component uses such a... flamboyant... paint on their planes? ;)
It's just that I've seen them flying over me since the eighties and I have never seen a tiger camouflage on them.

Btw, what's the difference with the standard jet fighter animations?

@The Capo
Would this skin would work both for Sioux and Iroquois or do you want it to be different?

@GeoModder
Google "31 Tiger" or check this link http://www.31tigersqn.be/the_site/?menu=pictures&page=show_ntm&cat=1998
I think they use this scheme probably only for Airshows, but I couldn't resist to make this color scheme, it's why I created it (when Belgium is not presented in game)

@The Capo
Would this skin would work both for Sioux and Iroquois or do you want it to be different?

I could use this for both, but if you really wanted to make an Iroquois one (I would use this one for the Sioux), here is their symbol:

They are also fond of turtles (they show up in their mythology, particularly the creation story). If you do make it the camo should be green or the jet should be silver colored (to fit in with the rest of the units I gave them).

For Iroquois, why not make a Turltle-Shell-Pattern as their Camo with that leaf on their flag as their symbol. You could also use that turtle capo talked about at the tail (where you have that person on the sioux plane), but i think the leaf should be their main symbol.

P.S.
Great Work :)

P.P.S.
I have included a nice Norway skin base if you want to take a look at it.

Yeah it'll be nice (easy to recognize) skin for Norway.

I like the idea of Turtle camo pattern - I'll choose light and dark green color if I'll make that skin

@ GeoModder - it shouldn't be different from orginal model - Servius just created example file for Jet Fighter for Max

Nice :goodjob:

P.S.
I'm the first to comment on the new pack :woohoo:

Native American, Aztec and Mayan are the first "what if" units I've created (If you don't take couple of SF units into account). And it was great fun to make those skins - especially Aztec :)

BTW USAF tail shows who pilots this jet - ace from civfanatics :)

It's what I came for Byzantic Empire

- definetely Airshow skin :) Do you like it or should I choose something traditional (gray - with just roundel + some color elements eventually)

Top Bottom