JF01- Whip Frenzy (Open SG)

Sort of true, but I can go with the crowd, if need be. I do think clearing whatever land we are on has to take place, before trying peace. That may allow for peace with nations not in contact though.

That said, making Courts early on is going to slow down other progress such as gaining land. I don't know the map size, so I do not even know if Communism will be all that useful. I think we are religious, so we can switch to whatever makes sense at the time.

I got it 50 BC and will play few turns.
Question: Do we want to try to get WH?
As I understand rules, we may trade Chivalry for Teology, right?

What for we need SunTzu? May be Templar will be better?

My understanding is trading for chivalry is allowed, and since there is no other way to get jumbos, it would make sense to do it pretty soon if not immediately.

I think Suns would be the better value for the investment, but crusaders are nice too. VMXA started it.

600 Sch too much I belive. Also I think about FP. I will swich Madras to that.

I don't remember. We did not know Chiv and could not research it. Sun Tzu is great, IF you are going to build a lot of units and do a lot of fighting. Otherwise it is not so great.

Like all builds not tainted, it can be changed. To go with the theme you should do as you think best and no questioned asked. We are not suppose to plan anyway, so all is well.

Sun Tzu's probably has its greatest value on a Huge map where you can have many productive cities producing units at a good clip, and least value on a Tiny map. Same goes for the Pyramids I guess.

Played to 150 Ad so far, will play at lunch 1-3 turns and post. No turnlog, but in brief:
Declare 3 Wars (Roman, Maya, Iroques) and made 3 MAPT deals, (Germany, America, Persia) vs them.
Left Thodora out of men's company.
Got FP, Templar, Education, bid positive gpt, GA, and good part of Iro land.

Stoped unfinished turn. Looks that there is no Iro at north.

But Persia may declare anytime, beware.

Attachments

• Gandhi of the Indians, 250 AD.SAV
    204.2 KB · Views: 80
Is this game dead?
I can play a bit more, but if nobody want to play this wahts a point?

Play a few, I'm about due to get bored

Stumbled on this dead Open SG. I figured I had a hand in it, so will pick it back up now. I know we had some sort of no log rule that was mentioned, but will put down some incidents. I know we were required to use a whip form of government. No optional techs could be researched.

It was not clear about what was allowed for aquiring them, so I will not sweat that. Any other rules I am not going to look up. Just my standard keep rep.

Pre: find 2 towns in ready to riot status and fix them. I also recall win was maybe domination or Space only, but I may have that wrong. Playing forward those are the ones I will use.

It is a std map on Emp continents with humans playing India and the others are Persia, Iroq, Rome, Germany, Maya, Byz and America. We are slightly ahead of Iroq in score and in GA now.

We have 3 deals in place with Persia including an Alliance. Not something I tend to do.
Alliance with Germany and 2 deals.

Byz peace only.

America 2 deals one another alliance, someone really likes to have friends. Me I like corpses.

War currently with Rome, Irog and Maya.

It is 250AD, we are learning Astro in four. 450 gold at +30gpt.

18 workers for 25 towns, a bit lite.
We are in Feudalism, know nothing about it first hand.
8 warriors
2 spears
2 horses
7 pikes
7 cats
1 galley
14 WE
9 MDI
10 trebs
2 crusaders

Calcutta switch treb to lib, we have 17 bombardment units now. I hate to see a Cath in a town. Sell the granary as a) it is size 8 now b) we are Feudal and do not really want to be a city as it drop unit support from 5 to 2 c) do not want to pay maint.

Kolhapur making a market, we only have 1 lux and 0% taxes? Too many shields to switch now.
Centralia swithc settler to worker and joker to tax (extra beakers will not help right now).
Jaipur sell barracks as it is not making units anyway.
Tyendenaga switch pike to archer. Why, well no barracks and archers are cheaper. Note no units here to suppress resistors, so it will not pacify and could flip? Switch pop from grass to tax, till either Hiawatha is dead or no resisters.

Bengal switch another pike to archer. Again no barracks, so a cheaper archer will be just fine for MP duty. We need more MP, so archer will fit the bill and can be disbanded later.

Bengal sell harbor and put citizen on soil. No need for vet ships, no need for the extra food here. No need to pay maint.
Heidelburg switch harbor to worker. Harbors are not one of my favorite structures. Mostly I will have one for continents or in a rare location that needs the food and is worth it.

Chittagong switch galley as it will be a bit, before we do any invasions.
Quiriqua switch another harbor to a warrior, now that is an ideal MP.

Dacca switch to archer.
Indus switch galley to archer.
Ganges switch no barrack pike to worker.
Deli sell granary, it is size 12.

Niagara switch pike to worker. I know people like to leave towns empty so they do not lose a unit to a flip, but..
Grand River switch woker to wealth as it was size 1 and not growing, so worker would never happen.

260AD:
First elite wins and I get a leader and capture Oil Spring.
I do not like to see solo workers, lets start to gang them.
Crusader goes elite and captures Salamanca.
Stuff 2 WE in 1st.
I see a cow in a forest?

280AD:
Xerxes perfidity, makes peace and DOW's us. Busting our 45 and 4gpt deals. I saw it coming though and had units ready on that front.

IBT:
Second leader as Persia sent in some archers at St Regis. BTW I see at least one town Iroq town fell to Persia. That is another reason I do not like to drag in others to a fight. They could get stronger. They will go on war footing and make more units that I will have to kill later.

290AD:
capture Caughnawaga, must have had a settler as I got 2 slaves.
Found Pune between Mauch and Centralia to fill the borders.
Create 2nd.

300AD:
Well game is over as I just got my third leader and filled the 2nd army with phants. If you liked AC armies, you will really like WE armies as they have the extra hit point as well, but 4/3 on att/def. They will be safe to leave in the open the whole game, where sometimes AC armies are not.

310AD:
capture Khanawake.
capture Akwesasne.
They have 3 towns, but I know not where. Next turn all the alliances end, so I will make peace with Hiawahta and concentrate on Persia.

320AD:
NO alliances.
Peace for 1 town with Smoke. I abandon the town.
Peace for 1 town with Hiawatha and he is now OCC. Abandon town.
Peace with Rome for a town. It is a 1 tile island, so I keep it. I would rather have it than have to take it later.

I do not know, if I had war happy form any of these, but peace anyway. I do not want to have any one traveling through the land to get to one of there towns. Now I can boot them or kill them.

350AD:
capture Allegheny.

360AD:
Sweet Persia got Byz to join in against us. I had move units to the 2 town next to the Byz town in case we went to war. Will use the upgrade to caravel to invade. Have to keep it as a German towns is there as well.

Did not post a save as I am playing this out some more right now and it seem to be dead SG anyway.

I changed my mind about the save as I will not post any further, except to say it was completed, IF it is not picked up by others.

IOW I will post the save for any who wants to have something to do and let the SG go on in that case. If no action, eventually I will post the final disposition.

I finished just now and will post a screenie, but you can play on from there for fun anyway.

480AD:
By now Byz got Rome in on the war as well as Iroq. Byz also at war with America.

500AD:
Byz gets Germany to join the fight. Only the US is not in against us now.
Captured Nuremberg. Only the one American town in our area now. I have captured Samaria, but won't list all the Persian captures. A boat is going around the continent so I can see what is what.

I have abandoned Salamanca (with Artemis) founded a new town 1 tile over.
I have abandoned Tonawanda and placed 2 towns instead.

520AD:
going to abandon Karachi as well and put down 2 towns instead.
Abandon Mauch Chunk and move to hill on the left to pick up the river.

790AD:
Persia eliminated. Only the 2 American towns on the land, we have not had war yet them.

860AD:
Fleet will land this turn next to Konigsberg, now a Roman possesion as Bismark is gone.
San Fran flipped to me, so 1 US town left here.

Landing party is sparse, but I am only at war with Rome for now. I trade for Nav and then maps awhile back, so I know where most of the world is now.

I did not bring a settler as I will take Kron and not worry about flips as it was recently German. I have 4 armies, 4 cavs, 4 muskets. I did not get enough boats to take another 4 units waiting as the last galleon was still 2 turns away and I did not want to wait.

870AD:
1st grabs the town and 3 armies others take Berlin. Steam in 2.
61 towns now.

890AD:
Maybe 90% plus of the tiles have a road, but the only 2 tiles with coal are not among them. At least I had a work gang next to one that was able to move to the hill.

The AI's all look very puny, but they have done the usual bad job of land improvements, so lots of jungle and few roads. This will mean longer to get to them.

940AD:
Had to give peace with Rome due to WW. Got a tech and a town.

1110AD:
Byz DOW a few turns back. I razed a city they had in the midst of Rome's land. This turn I captured Magellans. Theo dragged Smoke in on me. I have Hoovers and ToE.
Industrial will finish on the IBT. No one has Nat and of course no one has Commie. The idea of getting it from the AI was flawed from the start.

The AI does not trade Nationalism without a good reason and Communism is about the same. The real thing is the game would be over, before you could get it and no reason to switch once you did at that late date.

The only reason the game dragged out so long is WW forced by to either stop or spend for happy. I could have done that as I have not used the lux slider at all so far. I just was too lazy to go to all the cities that would need tweaking. So I made peace and waited to see who would get froggy first.

1120AD:
Corp is a 4 turner. Got an SGL from Ind. Rushed Sufferage with him.

1160AD:
Byz brought in the Americans to the war on the ever humble Ghandi G.

1220AD:
Made peace with Byz as they only have 1 town on an island. They contributed a number of nice wonders.

1315AD:
I had made peace with all a few turns back, but was at 61%. So I DOW Rome and took a few cities and game over.

Byz managed to get a free IA tech and researched one. She got Nat for the free one and I stole it, but she never got commie.

America and Rome and Hiawatha did not get to the IA. In fact I think Iroq did not get to Astro.

IBT had started Motor for me, but I never got to set it to 4 turns.

Attachments

• 790AD_Persia_Gone.jpg
    790AD_Persia_Gone.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 1315AD_Won.jpg
    1315AD_Won.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 74
What level is this on?

Top Bottom