JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. I found Milan in-game as Milan, and they were still Milan, but named...something else, probably from another civ.

I wonder if the practice of naming the CS entity and the city itself differently should be encouraged. Like it'd be Talinn on the map but the minor civ would be Estonia for diplomacy purposes. ...it would be better if CSs were renamed to Minor Civs but that poses its own problems.

Yeah, I was in a game with both Milan (civ) and Milan (C-S), funny thing about the C-S was that it was named Ascaucalis on the world map, and Milan in the C-S screen, Civilopedia and everywhere else. The Milan civ is truly amazing btw.

Hey, am I finally seeing SARDINES?!:D:worship::clap::clap:

Yeah, I was in a game with both Milan (civ) and Milan (C-S), funny thing about the C-S was that it was named Ascaucalis on the world map, and Milan in the C-S screen, Civilopedia and everywhere else. The Milan civ is truly amazing btw.

It was something else entirely for me, Ascaucalis is a German city name. It just picks random city names if there are none available for that civ. Basically that part of the Huns' UA isn't a feature for them, it's just the way the text is programmed. Venice would do that too if they were allowed to found cities.

It was something else entirely for me, Ascaucalis is a German city name. It just picks random city names if there are none available for that civ. Basically that part of the Huns' UA isn't a feature for them, it's just the way the text is programmed. Venice would do that too if they were allowed to found cities.

That's very strange. I understand what you mean, but how does random name picking work for City-States? I found out that San Marino is meant to replace C-S Milan, but C-S Milan was in the exact same game as civ Milan with the name Ascaucalis displayed. Shouldn't C-S Milan be removed from the game in its entirety?

Civ pack! Civ pack! Civ pack!
(I think its the time for a hype breaker\new hype subject)

Why does everybody want civ packs from JFD if he always releases all his civs individually?

Thats because he focuses on a certain area each time: (ancient) England and France, Germany(versions),Russia and now Italy.
He also has two great Caucus civs in Armenia and the khazars...

Thats because he focuses on a certain area each time: (ancient) England and France, Germany(versions),Russia and now Italy.
He also has two great Caucus civs in Armenia and the khazars...

It's mostly coincidental. Genoa and Naples, for instance, will be leagues away from Sardinia-Piedmont.

I don't want to be a bother, but I did have a quick question about lua, namely what is iMod in:

"iCost = math.ceil(500 * iMod)" (from Hungary's Black Army decision)

I know this is determing the cost of the decision, but I can't find where iMod is defined. I'm presuming it could be anything like map size or number of cities?

By the way, your lua files for Hungary's decisions have actually helped me start to understand it quite a bit (actually doing something with that might be a different story, lol). I'm still unraveling the popup part of it (picking the Archdiocese), but I wanted to say that it's been especially helpful :)

I don't want to be a bother, but I did have a quick question about lua, namely what is iMod in:

"iCost = math.ceil(500 * iMod)" (from Hungary's Black Army decision)

I know this is determing the cost of the decision, but I can't find where iMod is defined. I'm presuming it could be anything like map size or number of cities?

By the way, your lua files for Hungary's decisions have actually helped me start to understand it quite a bit (actually doing something with that might be a different story, lol). I'm still unraveling the popup part of it (picking the Archdiocese), but I wanted to say that it's been especially helpful :)

iMod is a global variable that is part of E&D. Basically it's the cost modifier for game speed.

Ah, thank you, Sukritact! :)

Churchill updated and added to the WW2 pack, thus completing the pack but for De Gaulle:

• Added P&P, CulDiv, Civ IV Traits, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, and Events support
  • Added new alpha icons done by Janboruta
  • Addess the Nation decision effect now only lasts for 15 turns and requires the Industrial Era
  • Added MCIS support
  • UA slightly changed; second half is now Production on Naval buildings (the original wasn't working very accurately, and I couldn't be bothered figuring out what was wrong, but honestly, the simplicity of the new UA might be charming)

Churchill - The United Kingdom (BNW) Download Subscribe

Spitfire(Fighter): Air Unit designed to defend the homelands. Only the United Kingdom may build it. This Unit gains a bonus when fighting in friendly lands and heals 25 damage after destroying an enemy.
Dreadnought (Battleship): A devastating naval unit of the Modern Era which ignores enemy Zone of Control. Costs 1 additional Gold maintenance.

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Leugi: Artwork (Leaderscene)
Janboruta: Artwork
bernie14: Graphics (Redcoat)
Andreas Waldeloft: Music (Peace), (War)

Events:

Spoiler :

Phew. Only a handful to update; let's recap :p

The civs to be updated can be be grouped as either those that need/are getting re-designs and those that are getting bugfixes and third party mod support.

Re-designs:

Lenin - Urgh, so this isn't coming anytime soon.
Louis XIV - I wish to give Louis' France itself a re-design, +E&D, so this isn't coming anytime soon.
Lithuania - This needs something of a practical re-design, +E&D, so this isn't coming anytime soon.

Bugs and Support:

Hannibal - Just Events, a whole heap of support, and changing the UA over to a fixed Production, instead of a Production modifier. This will be the next update; possibly tomorrow. So if anyone has any event ideas...
Lincoln - E+D, and dealing with the second half of the UA somehow failing with the Republic Social Policy.
Milan - No more outstanding bugs, so will update and add to Civ Pack 2 soon.
Papal States - Slowed down by the dullness of writing unique diplomacy lines :p
Vandals - Waiting on the wonderful works of Janboruta. He's already made the icon 100 times better, though :D

And poor Holy Rome is - once again - stuck somewhere in the middle of Re-designs and bugs and support. For the most part it needs re-balancing. You folks with a problem with its playstyle be damned, I like it :p

34 civs take a long time to update, so the next person to ask me to support another mod internally gets to go on a vacation with Viregel :p
Now if only ExCE didn't need to be supported for Belgium and Carthage :lol:

IIRC, Hanno's voyage is one of Dido's decision, but the Spartan mercenary one is excellent. Now if only there were a Sparta mod out there :p And the wiki page for Mago doesn't exist. A Polish only piece of history?

Wait, Mayonnaise Mago is clearly the superior Mago :p

EDIT: Nevermind, Mago exists; it was just your link.

Thanks!

Oh fancy. I really like your Churchill, so this will be very fun to try out. Do you like any of your WW2 civs or do you consider all of them as dull? :)

Don't have any ideas, expectations, demands or something else. Just find it very enjoyable every time you make something. With that in mind, I really like your Milan civ. I think the UA is very versatile and easy to use. Which is really good. What happens if you max the CS bonus, get the Big Ben, adopt the Mercantilism policy and either the Order/Autocracy cost reduction policy? Would that grant Buildings/Units for free? :) Have to test how much reduction one can get, I feel so cheap!

Oh fancy. I really like your Churchill, so this will be very fun to try out. Do you like any of your WW2 civs or do you consider all of them as dull? :)

Don't have any ideas, expectations, demands or something else. Just find it very enjoyable every time you make something. With that in mind, I really like your Milan civ. I think the UA is very versatile and easy to use. Which is really good. What happens if you max the CS bonus, get the Big Ben, adopt the Mercantilism policy and either the Order/Autocracy cost reduction policy? Would that grant Buildings/Units for free? :) Have to test how much reduction one can get, I feel so cheap!

I just find the subject material dull (but that's just because it's a war between politicians instead of Kings) - I still like the UAs and unique attributes that I design. They generally come out very appropriate - Churchill is one of my favourites of the WW2 sets. A figure that I like (of course :p) and a UA that is really flavoursome and engaging.

Pretty sure there's a hardcoded game limit of a 70-75% discount on items. I'm surprised at how much people seem to take to Milan's design (other than balance :p).

For me I think it's because it is a civilization where you get to use your UA often. And the whole set of attributes feels synergetic. For example, I have yet to be successful with the Anglo-Saxons, but perhaps the first part of their UA isn't something you want to get use of very often? :) Had a thought about them, but perhaps that would qualify me for a vacation with Viregel. ;) Which I interpret as an unpleasant experience... ;)

Top Bottom