JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Jan may have to Accept Responsibility under a Regency Authority on the thread...It appears JFD has lost his mind and is speaking in tongues

No, mother. I think you're the crazy one :sheep:

[FONT=""Garamond"]Theodore Roosevelt (America)
Download | Subscribe
Works best with the Community Patch

[/FONT]

Teddy v2:
  • Removed CP dependency. The only loss in feature is that National Parks will no longer yield Tourism on Natural Wonders.
  • Added missing Animations and Effects, without which the Connecticut was appearing on its nose...
  • Fixed an issue wherein the Rough Rider could not take Survivalism 2 and 3 as intended.

Will also throw out VEIII, but will deal with Constantine and George another time - George, in particular, will need some thought, because vanilla does not have the game event I use to facilitate the UA.

I hate to be the opposer, but I personally enjoyed the fact it used CP. Course it limits BR, but frankly if take better mods over that, such as Alpinia crossing mountains. That was so cool!

The decision had been made, so I shan't complain from here. Just know that not all reject the New Testament (CP). I support what ever decision makes modding easier. I guess this is also a good time to announce some news.

I have unconverted from EUI.

Watching Jans steam was an inspiration, and I have this dropped EUI. I shall miss it, but the future is incompatible with it. I may suffer a relapse, but an attempt is being made.

Keep up the good work!

I am making absolutely no compromises here. If you use CP, Alpini will have its Mountain Crossing, National Park will have its Natural Wonder Tourism, Palatini will have its extra HP, etc. I will be designing civs with the CP specifically in mind, too. So fear not.

Good. First update on a concentrated Rise to Power will incorporate the extra buttons along the top-right, which is the most useful feature about EUI to me.

Man oh man, my family and I are very pleased with this heresy ;)

Remind me to slot the walrus into an AI game some time.

Also, a perfect IV Ditto for each Nature would be nice, but the Emperor is not greedy.

Even the neutral natures? :p

IsHasOk, IsHasFinalOne for IsHasNow:

[FONT=""Garamond"]Victor Emmanuel III (Italy)
Download | Subscribe
Works best with the Community Patch

[/FONT]

Victor Emmanuel III v2:
  • Removed CP dependency. This means that, without the CP, the Alpini cannot cross mountains.
  • Updated Map thanks to Tarcisio to remove Ethiopia as a pre-Mussolini possession.
  • Added missing Animations and Effects, without which the Andrea Dorea was appearing on its nose...
  • Added Venice to the Italy TAL group.

Regarding George:

Code:
If pPlayer:IsGoldenAge() then 
For pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
pCity:SetWLTKDCounter(20)
end
end

Something along the lines of that.

You'd need a bit more than that, since that only detects if the civilization is currently in a Golden Age. JFD needs to detect when a Golden Age has begun.

I would think it's possible, though - you'd need store whether each George in the game is in a Golden Age or not, and if one changes from not being in a Golden Age to being in one, grant the WLTKD to that George.

You'd need a bit more than that, since that only detects if the civilization is currently in a Golden Age. JFD needs to detect when a Golden Age has begun.

I would think it's possible, though - you'd need store whether each George in the game is in a Golden Age or not, and if that changes, grant the WLTKD.

Yeah, and that's the kind of effort that I'm not going to make when I shouldn't have to.

Jan may have to Accept Responsibility under a Regency Authority on the thread...It appears JFD has lost his mind and is speaking in tongues

Nah, I Render Unto JFD all the way. :king: I'll have to take measures if he starts to learn Polish though, since this will be a clear sign of mental deficiency. :p

Great round of updates. :D

It's actually not that complex. You need a dummy building, checking whether the player is in a Golden Age and it lacks the building in the Capital, if so, start a WLTKD in all Cities, THEN add the building in the Capital.

Meaning it will theoretically trigger only once.

Good. First update on a concentrated Rise to Power will incorporate the extra buttons along the top-right, which is the most useful feature about EUI to me.

As nice as the smaller buttons on the top-right are, I'd have to say THE single thing that would kill me the most if I had to give up EUI would be the Production List. Purchasing without having to toggle it on/off, adding to the queue without having to toggle it on/off, and changing the queue's order without having to click little up/down arrows . . . they're just so obviously user friendly (and were already in previous civ iterations) that I can't fathom the idea that they weren't in the base game from day 1 :crazyeye:

/offtopic

Just noticed a mistake with Clemanceau's TSL in the large Europe map:

where it should be
Civilizations_EuroLargeStartPosition
it's still Civilizations_YagemPosition

and same thing for huge earth
Civilizations_YagemPosition instead of Civilizations_YahemPosition

"And then it was said, as the Holy JFD said 'Let there be Mac-Compatibility' and it was so. It was from there on forth, the lands of the Community Patch was separated from the lands of the Mac-users. :c5faith: ~ Leugi 1:14 - The Holy Book of Modderism
I enjoy making these, sorry! :D

Just noticed a mistake with Clemanceau's TSL in the large Europe map:

where it should be
Civilizations_EuroLargeStartPosition
it's still Civilizations_YagemPosition

and same thing for huge earth
Civilizations_YagemPosition instead of Civilizations_YahemPosition

Thanks, noted to fix.

Thanks for offering non-CP versions for us Mac users!!

**mac user here**
Thanks so much! You didnt have to do that!

Still changing my old desktop for a pc soon

You're welcome. I'm sure a sociological thesis can be derived from this, if Steam users can come out in droves to bemoan my decision to make the CP dependant, but offer no sight nor sound when I relinquish that depedancy :lol:

Top Bottom