JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Do these civs conflict with Vox Populi? Currently every time I start an Ancient Era match the modded civ AI just goes to Information Era in like 4 turns.

They aren't designed to be used with the CBP, but they should function, and I can't think of anything that'd cause something as odd as that. I can only say it's some other conflict, but I can't even think what it'd be because granting Information-era techs after an interval is just bizzare.

Well this is some interesting stuff then, hopefully someone can shed some more light for me, I'm only using Vox Populi,Events and Decisions, JFD's Civs, and Vietnam from Colonialist Legacies with the CBO compatibility patch. https://ibb.co/sChYJDy for a screenshot

Well unless some CBP user wants to come along and mention that this is their latest bug, you'll have to do some more investigation: use IGE or print statements in FireTuner to work out what happens in these four AI turns, what tech is putting them in the Information Era, whether anything else unusual is noticeable. Once you have a few more details you can try looking through the Lua files of your enabled mods for code that could possibly somehow be malfunctioning to apply to the wrong Civs and give the wrong Techs; I'd save the effort of looking in the CP stuff because all of their scripting will be written in C++ and thus isn't fixable by us.

Hey there! I tried the JFD´s new Gameplay mods (workeforce, great works of film, nationalism,...) in combination with vox populi but there are some bugs with the EUI, and also with the no EUI version of vox populi i got some bugs with the user interface especially in the Tech tree. I think some of these mods would fit very nicely in the VP Modpack and i hope someone has a solution.
I played now a very long match (without EUI and without the posibillity to open the tech tree) an i would like to make some more matches maybe also in MP with some friends ( if the bugs are fixable xD)

sorry for posting this here but i didn't found a good place for it and werent able to create a new thread.....

The UI edits aren't compatible with EUI, and this isn't gonna change; the non-EUI issues sound more like anomalies related to enabling/disabling the CPEUI, unless the CP also edits files like the Tech Tree for some reason in which case that's their fault.

The components might be usable in MP, I'd imagine it'd vary case-by-case. You could try it of course...

Read the ladgazine, you might get a better understanding of how I design things.

I have no idea what that means, but my point was that Civ 5 is missing a decent Scythia civ, while being bombarded with Egypt civs.

I swear it was someone else who brought up Scythia, but regardless Jifford is referring to your comments r.e. Leopold rather than the civ request; his design is inspired by an ideal of how history could've gone for the Player to pursue, as alluded to in the E&D article.

As it is I can tell you that Jifford only cares for one Scythian leader, and a design based on him would no doubt be very alien to the image in one's head; instead as the message referenced there being only one Scythia (presumably being LS') then Tar's Massagatae would be of interest...

I swear it was someone else who brought up Scythia, but regardless Jifford is referring to your comments r.e. Leopold rather than the civ request; his design is inspired by an ideal of how history could've gone for the Player to pursue, as alluded to in the E&D article.

As it is I can tell you that Jifford only cares for one Scythian leader, and a design based on him would no doubt be very alien to the image in one's head; instead as the message referenced there being only one Scythia (presumably being LS') then Tar's Massagatae would be of interest...

What leader would that be?

I have a first world problem that I was hoping that someone could point me to a existing thread or help me. I use JFD's Alt leader mod, because I love the way it organizes the civilizations. So, with The Swedes (Erik) mod, it doesn't fix nicely into Sweden and triggers my OCD. Could someone guide me what to change to get the Name and civ graphic aligned so that Erik will show as a leader under Sweden? Thanks.

I have a first world problem that I was hoping that someone could point me to a existing thread or help me. I use JFD's Alt leader mod, because I love the way it organizes the civilizations. So, with The Swedes (Erik) mod, it doesn't fix nicely into Sweden and triggers my OCD. Could someone guide me what to change to get the Name and civ graphic aligned so that Erik will show as a leader under Sweden? Thanks.

The mod name would be changed by editing the mod's .modinfo file; the categorisation under TAL is handled through the DerivativeCiv column value in Civilizations, which you'd add onto the existing Civilizations insert with the value 'CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN' or w/e vanilla Sweden is. These files are found in your MODS folder, under Documents. Also worth noting that changing the mod name might stop steam from finding workshop updates for it idk how it works.

when I played as Caracalla and declared a war on another civ, I got Citizen Cavalries nearby each city of mine instead of capital and conquered cities, which made my horse resource become negative.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 172
Today i start some games as Belgium (leopold II) and at least, the first part of the UA is not working. When you found a city no plantation resource are improved. When this happen to me i think : "well, maybe cause i dont have calendar reseached, the UA can´t do his job" so i start in classical era, and it "works" in some random way: some times you had 1 plantation resource improved, but the vast majority of the times you get NO resources imroved, and never beyond the first ring of tiles.
I don`t know if its working well, if that´s the case, maybe description should be changed to something like "upon researching calendar ,small chance of a random plantation resource are improved when you settle a new city next to it" and this is like it sounds; PRETTY WEAK , if not ,its not working...

I was playing only with Leopold II belgium enabled.

Thanks for you efforts and thanks for still doing good civs and gameplay mods.

Was the resource in 2 tiles?

Plantation Resources within two tiles are improved when a city is founded.

Yes ,in fact after i read your message, and for being totally sure, i try again several times (about ten) with plantation resources in the first and 2nd ring of tiles around the city (sometimes in both) and don't works.
After that, i try starting in classical era (and i try another ten times), and again it "works" at the random way i explain in my previous message; only ONE resource, only A CHANCE , and only in ADJACENT city tiles...

Within two tiles, the resource can't be improved already, and you must have Calendar since otherwise you won't have the rerequisite Improvement to improve them with. You also must own the tile. Updated to remove the requirement that you own the tile beforehand.

Last edited:
Have small bug report on 2 of your civs, hope this is right place to report them:

Vladimir:
- UA: upon combat in owned territory, I'm not receiving any Great Writer Points. Attached the logs.
- When opening Victory Progress screen "Unable to load texture JFD_Vladimir_AlphaAtlas_48.dds

Laos:
- UU Uparaja: War Elephant effectively only has +67%: it gets the +100% promotion, but also has another one giving -33% against cities. Assume the -33% should not be there?

In case relevant, besides some other civ mods I'm only playing with gameplay mods CD v17, EE v7, HR v45 and More Lux v155

Thanks!

Attachments

• Vladimir UA GWP.zip
    183.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
UU: UPARAJA
  • Replaces Great General.
  • Spawns two War Elephants.
  • War Elephants have 100% Combat Strength versus cities.
  • War Elephants have double Moves in Jungle and Forest.

Some feedback on Norway (Haakon IV):

UU Birkebeiner:
- Seems to always have double movement on hills, irregardless of enemy in own territory. Snow & tundra double movement when enemy in own territory works well.

UU Skeid:
- Weird one: when I built my second Skeid, it got the icon of a War Elephant (?). Had Laos in my game..

Not sure if you still support HR but preferred religion now is Catholicism instead of Forn Siðr (wikia)

Using gameplay mods CD v17, EE v7, HR v45 and More Lux v155

Attachments

• Norway Birkebeiner.zip
    526.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 20191214140224_1.jpg
    20191214140224_1.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 163
Top Bottom