JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

This looks awesome. Normally I try to avoid having duplicate civilizations, but then again Lizzie was just England while Victoria is so much more, I think I have to give this a spin. Plus SushiSquid's English Steam Mill would probably fit this civilization more thematically.....Plus while I stick to a small amount of cities, I like a lot of space between my cities so I could still get a lot of benefit from the UA.

Thank you so much for this! This has made my... Everything.

This civ is awesome!
But why does she day "we are Victoria" ?

GB looks really good! Nice job.

bug(?) report - Tiridates founded a religion in my game today by building the hagia sofia

JFD, while playing your Hannibal mod I noticed a quite hilarious (and later annoying glitch/bug). Sophots who start the saved game on land or sea who were at one time as admirals, begin with the embarked graphics, even if they start on land or sea. (Meaning they look like embarked units, not admirals or land sophots. This is fixed by just embarking and landing them again.

So I downloaded the updated Armenia civ from Steam and cleaned my cache and moduserdata folders. Started a new game to test out the vank and its somewhat fixed but:

- When you build it with mountains in the borders it correctly shows up as an extra +2 building faith.
- Every 2nd turn the bonus switches off. Then back on again. Then off again.

eg. I have in my current city:
- Vank +2 (+1 for piety) +2 mountain
- Shrine +1 (+1 for piety)
- Holy site +6
- 2xCopper +1 (for Earth mother)
- Stonehenge +5
------------------------------------
- Total 20

But it keeps fluctuating between 18 and 20 every other turn.

So the Vank is still buggy :(

Downloaded Victoria. Now I have to decide whether or not to stop giving a play-through of some stuff I'm testing, and give her a try. What a decision to have to make! Happens nearly every time I see JFD has issued a new Civ.

I'm thinking of starting my own forum social group: As Modders, We're All Envious of JFD's Mods :lol:

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

Is the alternate Elizabeth compatible with Victoria?

Most definitely.

Hate to be pushy, but now that Victoria is out, what are your plans for the next civs?

The next civ will be a while off. Let someone else have Janboruta's talents for a while ;) I have an exam to prepare for anyway. But the next civ will be Eastern European and it will be like Venice, if not an update to an older one.

GB looks really good! Nice job.

bug(?) report - Tiridates founded a religion in my game today by building the hagia sofia

Oh. I'll look into that - not something that crossed my mind :lol: Thanks.

JFD, while playing your Hannibal mod I noticed a quite hilarious (and later annoying glitch/bug). Sophots who start the saved game on land or sea who were at one time as admirals, begin with the embarked graphics, even if they start on land or sea. (Meaning they look like embarked units, not admirals or land sophots. This is fixed by just embarking and landing them again.

Hm. I expect a graphical error that I would have little control over. At least it's easily fixable in-game.

So I downloaded the updated Armenia civ from Steam and cleaned my cache and moduserdata folders. Started a new game to test out the vank and its somewhat fixed but:

- When you build it with mountains in the borders it correctly shows up as an extra +2 building faith.
- Every 2nd turn the bonus switches off. Then back on again. Then off again.

eg. I have in my current city:
- Vank +2 (+1 for piety) +2 mountain
- Shrine +1 (+1 for piety)
- Holy site +6
- 2xCopper +1 (for Earth mother)
- Stonehenge +5
------------------------------------
- Total 20

But it keeps fluctuating between 18 and 20 every other turn.

So the Vank is still buggy :(

Will look into it, but I never had any such issues myself. Thanks for the bug report.

Congratulations, it's a really great work, JFD! Can I give some suggestions for more alternative leaders? I was thinking of Pericles to Greece (Alexander= Militaristic, expansionist, focus in land units; Pericles = Cultural, diplomatic, focus in naval units), Saladin to Arabia (Harun= Culture, trade; Saladin= Militaristic, diplomatic), Andrea Gritti to Venice (Dandolo= Militaristic; Gritti= Great People) Henry, the navigator to Portugal and Nefertiti (or even Cleopatra) to Egypt.

Congratulations, it's a really great work, JFD! Can I give some suggestions for more alternative leaders? I was thinking of Pericles to Greece (Alexander= Militaristic, expansionist, focus in land units; Pericles = Cultural, diplomatic, focus in naval units), Saladin to Arabia (Harun= Culture, trade; Saladin= Militaristic, diplomatic), Andrea Gritti to Venice (Dandolo= Militaristic; Gritti= Great People) Henry, the navigator to Portugal and Nefertiti (or even Cleopatra) to Egypt.
More Civs made a nice Ayyubid civ with Saladin as its leader, if that makes any difference.

And the new Victoria civ looks excellent! :clap: Too bad I'm about a page late to the fanfare party here... :rolleyes:
I like the peace soundtrack but I personally would've preferred Rule Britannia, or maybe God Save the Queen (incidentally, the British version of My Country, 'tis of Thee). But then again, I don't know a ton about Britain. :)

More Civs is making a Greece split in which Pericles will be leading Athens.

Congratulations, it's a really great work, Janboruta and JFD! Can I give some suggestions for more alternative leaders? I was thinking of Pericles to Greece (Alexander= Militaristic, expansionist, focus in land units; Pericles = Cultural, diplomatic, focus in naval units), Saladin to Arabia (Harun= Culture, trade; Saladin= Militaristic, diplomatic), Andrea Gritti to Venice (Dandolo= Militaristic; Gritti= Great People) Henry, the navigator to Portugal and Nefertiti (or even Cleopatra) to Egypt.

Fixed that.

Pericles = Probably one of the leaders in the More Civs Greek split.
Saladin = Love to, but that belongs to More Civs.
Nerfertiti/Cleopatria = Would rather Ptolemy Soter, but not really sure either way.
Henry the Navigator = Dunno. Maybe Manuel could pass as Henry:

Spoiler :

Andrea Gritti = Hmmmm... depends it Janboruta would approve of Necromancy:

Spoiler :

These are, of course, works of Janboruta from way back when Portugal and Venice were mods of mine (except for the Venetian icon, which was done by Irkalla). But to be honest, I don't feel Venice needs more than one leader. Portugal maybe; an exploration-focused Portugal, perhaps. But I dunno.

More Civs made a nice Ayyubid civ with Saladin as its leader, if that makes any difference.

And the new Victoria civ looks excellent! :clap: Too bad I'm about a page late to the fanfare party here... :rolleyes:
I like the peace soundtrack but I personally would've preferred Rule Britannia, or maybe God Save the Queen (incidentally, the British version of My Country, 'tis of Thee). But then again, I don't know a ton about Britain. :)

Most of the renditions of those anthems don't fit the game, unfortunately.

Top Bottom