JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Have you ever considered doing France under Napoleon III?

Also, what does the Civil War event do? Anything special?

I want to stop considering doing any more civs :p No I haven't, and I won't be.

Hm, just some of your cities might flip to the barbarian player's ownership and raise rebels from them, whilst all of your loyal, pro-union cities get drafted soldiers with the nationalism promotion. Or you can rescind your emancipation and permanently disable the Emancipation decision (the event only fires once you've enacted it). Nothing special :p The Ulysses event also comes with a choice between a super GG or a unique GW with a quote from his memoirs as the great work. So flavour all round :D

I've recently been playing as the HRE, One thing that i commonly notice that both with the AI and the non-AI that upgrading the ambassador cost too much. Maybe the cost could vary between eras? eg: ancient 560 gold, classical 890 gold medieval 1,230 ect.
without this the AI produces a lot of ambassadors with no hope of ever upgrading them until the industrial era. with really the only chance of them having 2 cities being through the liberty tree. Sorry if this sounds aggresive too, i admire your work :D

Yeah, the number values all over the HRE need fixing; including that of the Ambassador. It will get done - just don't know when. Thanks for bringing it up though.

I want to stop considering doing any more civs :p No I haven't, and I won't be.

Your to-do list must be already massive with all of those Eastern European, Russian and Chinese civs you have been planning to release over the years.

Have you ever considered doing France under Napoleon III?

Well, it seems JFD won't make one, but I put up a Napoleon III design here. Coincidentally, it has the Café as its unique building, like De Gaulle's France. :lol:

Well, it seems JFD won't make one, but I put up a Napoleon III design here. Coincidentally, it has the Café as its unique building, like De Gaulle's France. :lol:

I'd be interested of taking up the Second French Empire civ, if there's some skilled modders to work with me. I'll be quite busy the beginning of the next year - searching for university, maybe moving to Helsinki and those kinds of things... Wouldn't want to stop modding though, as I just love designing and making art. Coding still is the most painful part.

Maybe to replace the Café with Salon? And I've been thinking of Napoleon III to be a bit of a crossover between Louis XIV and Napoleon I, a culture-military civ. :)

Yup, got that noted to be fixed.

Lincoln updated and added to the Alt Leaders pack. Happy birthday Natan :bday:

• Added P&P, CulDiv, Civ IV Traits, Map Labels, E&D, and Unique Cultural Influence support
  • Rewrote the code for the second half of the UA - should work... better, and now with a nice progress meter to show it
  • Various tidying

Lincoln - The United States (BNW) Download Subscribe

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Janboruta: Artwork
Viregel Artwork (Composed the base of the leaderscene)
Firaxis: Artwork (UUs, Lincoln portrait), Graphics (UUs)
Michael Curran and Geoff Knorr: Music (Peace)
Michael Kamen: Music (War)

Decisions:

Spoiler :

Events:

Spoiler :

All hail his most Generous and mightiest Modjesty of Modempire, JFD!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Papal States updated and added to Civ Pack 2:

• Added CulDiv, P&P, Map Labels, R.E.D., Civ IV Traits, Unique Cultural Influence, and Events support
  • Misc code tidying
  • Papal Chapels no longer appear in the Great Works screen if you are not the Pope because you are unworthy :p (though I see other buildings like from Iceland show up so in the future I'll have to update the Cultural Overview replacement that's standard to fix the showing of these kinds of buildings)
  • Policy/belief changes from Reform and Rules, 9 Ages of Policy, and the Community Patch should now apply to all Chapels, as is the case for vanilla and P&P
  • Slightly increased the cost of Swiss Guards
  • Effects of the Kingdom of God now changed; now grants 2 Disciples and 2 Magistrates, and changes your name to the Kingdom of God. Requires at least 70% religious unity.
  • Reduced the costs of enacting the two decisions
  • Added new alpha icons by Janboruta
  • Fixed an issue where the Swiss Guard could not be purchased with Faith
  • Discples are now purchasable with Faith instead of coming with Great Prophets (as was the very original design)
  • Swiss Guard no longer requires Piety policy to purchase (just Civil Service)

The Papal States - Pius IX (BNW) Download Subscribe

Swiss Guard (Landsneckht): This unit can only be purchased with Gold or Faith (with the Holy Warriors belief). Has additional Strength when defending and heals 50 damage if it defeats an enemy adjacent the Capital. May move immediately after purchase. Does not obsolete. Generates +2 Tourism after Radio.
Chapel (Temple): Up to three Chapels may be built, each possessing a unique Great Work slot which, when filled, yields +2 Faith for the city. The second may only be built whilst a city has at least 7 followers of your main religion, the third whilst a city has at least 14 followers. Each Chapel requires the previous.

Credits
Spoiler :
JFD: Design, Code, Writing
Janboruta: Artwork
Civitar Graphics (Swiss Guard)
Nutty Graphics (Swiss Guard)
Antoine Brume: Music (Peace)
Marcel Peres: Music (War)

Events:

Spoiler :

And am I to assume, based upon all the feedback, that the Tourism costs for S-P are okay as is?

I know I'm extremely late to the party here (that's what a day on an airplane will do to you :p), but I think we should all add compatibility to the "Balance" Patch Gold Prime ++ :D As long as I'm in the process of adding compatibility.

Also - I don't know if anyone already pointed this out, but - why is Bablyon Babylon on the Balance patch image twice?
EDIT: Good spelling is good :p

I know I'm extremely late to the party here (that's what a day on an airplane will do to you :p), but I think we should all add compatibility to the "Balance" Patch Gold Prime ++ :D As long as I'm in the process of adding compatibility.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhano.

Also - I don't know if anyone already pointed this out, but - why is Bablyon Babylon on the Balance patch image twice?
EDIT: Good spelling is good :p

It was pointed out - because they are just that OP :p

Wow JFD, there are so many updates I can't play them all in time.

Not sure how everyone else feels, but the Papal States are the worst Civ of yours i've played. I would change it to be +1 faith in addition to the +1 culture instead of replacing it.

I've tried Papal States a ton of times in a row, and all it does it make me worry about culture more.

You start down 1 culture a turn, so now I have to go Monument. I have to go tradition. I have to get a pantheon, and that has to be culture if I'm going to go down Piety at all.

I tend to focus so hard on culture, or I'm not going to make it through Piety. And thus, I'm worse off in religion than I would be otherwise.

Maybe it's just Deity problems, and for everyone else it's fine but I just can't find a way to make them not horrible. If anyone has an idea how they play Papal States on Deity, would be happy to try a different strategy with them.

I'm getting a crash on turn 116 playing as JFD's Carthage after Steam decided to screw over my de Gaulle save. Any ideas of what might be causing it? It happens on the Barbarian turn.

Mods installed:
Civ IV Leader Traits
Historical Religions Complete
YnAEMP
Civ Names by Policies
Quick Turns
Unique Cultural Influence
Map Labels
Cultural Diversity+Soundtrack
Unlimited XP from Barbarians
Ethnic Units
Community Patch
Reform and Rule
Events & Decisions
Piety & Prestige
All of JFD's civs(Except the Vandals)

Edit: It also appears Lincoln crashes upon the outbreak of war with another Civ.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhano.
Psh. You're no fun. I'll at least try to see if I can get something of the ilk working, primarily because I can't help beating a metaphorical dead horse, where in this case the horse is actually a joke. I think it should be easy enough as long as I just make all my lua functions not anonymous.

At any rate, I must compliment your impeccable sense of style, since, browsing through the other new civ threads, you've gotten many (a good 40%, at least, by my estimate) other modders to convert to your belief in using the civ selection screen to pleasingly display the civ info.

And you're doing CKS? I clearly missed something here yesterday... :crazyeye:

I'm getting a crash on turn 116 playing as JFD's Carthage after Steam decided to screw over my de Gaulle save. Any ideas of what might be causing it? It happens on the Barbarian turn.

Mods installed:
Civ IV Leader Traits
Historical Religions Complete
YnAEMP
Civ Names by Policies
Quick Turns
Unique Cultural Influence
Map Labels
Cultural Diversity+Soundtrack
Unlimited XP from Barbarians
Ethnic Units
Community Patch
Reform and Rule
Events & Decisions
Piety & Prestige
All of JFD's civs(Except the Vandals)

Edit: It also appears Lincoln crashes upon the outbreak of war with another Civ.

Unless it's a persistent CTD that can be isolated to one of my mods specifically, there's never really anything I can do to help with CTDs. I can't read the crash dumps for if its something that I've coded causing the CTD - it could just be your pushing the game too hard. All I can do is double-check Lincoln and make sure it didn't CTD on the outbreak of war, and it didn't, so I'm afraid you probably won't find any help. These CTDs always dishearten me with modding this game, though :(

At any rate, I must compliment your impeccable sense of style, since, browsing through the other new civ threads, you've gotten many (a good 40%, at least, by my estimate) other modders to convert to your belief in using the civ selection screen to pleasingly display the civ info.

You set the tone, JFD :p

And you're doing CKS? I clearly missed something here yesterday... :crazyeye:

Viregel guilted me into it :D

Wow JFD, there are so many updates I can't play them all in time.

Not sure how everyone else feels, but the Papal States are the worst Civ of yours i've played. I would change it to be +1 faith in addition to the +1 culture instead of replacing it.

I've tried Papal States a ton of times in a row, and all it does it make me worry about culture more.

You start down 1 culture a turn, so now I have to go Monument. I have to go tradition. I have to get a pantheon, and that has to be culture if I'm going to go down Piety at all.

I tend to focus so hard on culture, or I'm not going to make it through Piety. And thus, I'm worse off in religion than I would be otherwise.

Maybe it's just Deity problems, and for everyone else it's fine but I just can't find a way to make them not horrible. If anyone has an idea how they play Papal States on Deity, would be happy to try a different strategy with them.

Really does sound like a Deity problem.

Is Lincoln's Unique Cultural Influence line the same as America's in that mod, or is it truly unique?

De Gaulle updated and added to the WW2 pack:

• Fixed issue where gg couldn't build citadel
  • Fixed issue with maginot line decision cost
  • Fixed an issue where the Foreign Legion would show in tech tree for non-France civs
  • Fixed a conflict between Nazi Germany and France... in the Civ IV Traits file :p

Top Bottom