JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Firaxis suck so Plots given through Lua don't receive effects from Modifiers unless you reload the game. If you save and exit the plots should receive the bonuses.

Thank-you for taking the time to reply - the solution you posted works fine. Is this something that might be fixable if / when Firaxis release the dll information / code?

Meanwhile, I'm now in the market for a mod that will automatically save and reload the game every time I trigger a culture bomb. :p

Yeah, (to me) it's an interesting case of he's a valid Danish King (as the typical wartime king) but also the sole Icelandic King (i.e. that ruled Iceland as King of Iceland in his own right), putting him in quite a distinct position for a traditionally un-monarchic country - so to me far more interesting in terms of valid Icelandic alts than any modern president or yet another lawspeaker. Prime opportunity to see how viable multi-civ leaders were.
Thank you for clarifying!

Hi JFD :)

I'm currently looking over all your civilization mods and would like to use them in Multiplayer vanilla game.
1) I read comments that your mods do not work in MP (in comments from one leader of Rome), is this true?
2) Unfortunaltey not all your mods that require Rise and Fall are marked at the steamworkshop page and also not in the modinfo it seems. Could this break the game? I mean currently I'm able to select leaders that give bonus to Loyality and such RaF stuff in a standard vanilla game. Can you fix this or is this intended? Of course this is not only a problem if you do not own RaF. I personally own it, but like to play without this expansion.

edit:
I just saw many of the mods still have in description, that they require RaF. But not all, eg. Putin says sth about Loyality but neither is RaF a requirement, nor is it mentioned in the description.

Last edited:
I'm currently looking over all your civilization mods and would like to use them in Multiplayer vanilla game.
1) I read comments that your mods do not work in MP (in comments from one leader of Rome), is this true?
So far as I know, all the players must have the same mods/versions for them to work properly. EDIT: If the other players have enabled the option to download mod content, then they'll transfer automatically.
As for the civilizations that work with vanilla, here's what I've been able to use:
JFD-Vanilla.png

Last edited:

The mods should all work in multiplayer; if they don't, proper bug reports will help this to be resolved.

Didn't realise adding RnF dependency to the workshop actually did anything, since the mods themselves have it. But will add.

Trusting steam comments is bad for your mind.

Didn't realise adding RnF dependency to the workshop actually did anything, since the mods themselves have it. But will add.
Trusting steam comments is bad for your mind.
thank you.
So it seems you can not block RaF civs ingame, if standrad rules are chosen?
I mean if I chose standard, all the game RaF civilizations are not choosable. But I can still choose RaF mod civilizations. Is Firaxis to blame here?

Seems so. References, dependencies, and load order is really shoddily put together in this game, compared to V. If it works, it's by luck. People just need to take greater care in what mods they choose until Firaxis makes these dependency systems more stable and responsive.

I guess you know already, I just downloaded the vanilla civs from your google drive, but it seems they are broken and therefore unplayable. I understand you focus on RaF, just wonder why they are still available at your google drive (maybe for other modders?)

I'm just wrting this in hope you did not know and will fix the vanilla civs or tell me I made sth wrong (I put them into documents mods folder and getting alot of database errors e.g. [Configuration] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Players.Domain, Players.CivilizationType, Players.LeaderTyp )

I guess you know already, I just downloaded the vanilla civs from your google drive, but it seems they are broken and therefore unplayable.
Perhaps you only want to hear from the author, but the list I provided earlier today are all working civilizations in vanilla Civ 6 single player.

Perhaps you only want to hear from the author, but the list I provided earlier today are all working civilizations in vanilla Civ 6 single player.
thank your for trying to help, but your list was no help yet. You did not mention where to download it and I can not see which leaders are in your folders. If it is the vanilla download -> its broken. If it is the steam download -> all those civilizations include RaF Leaders, maybe there are a few that do not have loyality bonus so may work also in vanilla, but you did not mention them explicit.

The Vanilla versions of mods probably don't work because Firaxis' rework of the Players and PlayerItems tables was a part of RaF and as such would have been included in RaF updates. If you want to try fix this manually adding LIMIT 1 into the SELECT queries should solve it. Alternate Leaders with no Leader Unique Components and no obvious RaF mechanics should work fine. Mods that involve new Unique Components will probably cause a database error when used in vanilla due to the Historic Moments table; if this causes fatal issues, the Historic Moments table inserts can just be deleted from the code. Mods using a RaF mechanic obviously won't work in Vanilla.

thank your for trying to help, but your list was no help yet. You did not mention where to download it and I can not see which leaders are in your folders. If it is the vanilla download -> its broken. If it is the steam download -> all those civilizations include RaF Leaders, maybe there are a few that do not have loyality bonus so may work also in vanilla, but you did not mention them explicit.
The folder names I shared are identical to the file names in the Google Drive. They work just fine in vanilla Civ 6, as seen below.
they-work.png

Pleaaaasssseeeeee, make Serbia mod for Civ6 asap! Pleeassssee... I beg You.... Please... Leader can be Stefan Dušan (like in Civ5) or even Stefan Nemanja (as dynasty founder).

Could we please have a guide or something from JFD on how to make additional leaders for civs? The only guides available are to make completely new ones; and the guides are quite low quality too tbh.

Top Bottom