Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I really enjoy your mods but I've been hitting a recurring problem with them. These are the mods I have installed and are using:
CBP (no EUI)
Rise to Power
Cultural Diversity
Exploration Expanded Continued
Cities in Development

During the first 5 or 6 turns, randomly it will return to desktop, but not as a crash. Instead, it's as if I have just exited. There is no error message at all. Not even on firetuner.

However, if you scroll up on firetuner there is this error, but this is during the generation of the map:
File Error: UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua
Runtime Error: Error loading UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua.

I'm not sure what could be going wrong.

EDIT: Just ran it again and looked through firetuner again and also had this message:
Runtime Error: Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:62: attempt to index field 'Panel' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Ed\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components/Sovereignty/Lua/UI/JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview.lua.

The whole thing, or do you want me to pick out the errors?

EDIT: Also, the contracts overview is already open when I load up the game.

May as well upload the whole thing.

What, so when you click "Begin your journey", the Contracts Overview is open?

May as well upload the whole thing.

Okay, it's way too long to post here, so have a Pastebin link:

What, so when you click "Begin your journey", the Contracts Overview is open?

Sort of. It does that when I press "Continue your journey", not when starting a new game. I think it's only after researching the mercenaries technology. But yes, it comes up without me pressing anything, similar to how the information about cultural diversity comes up when starting a new game. Except it's very broken and you can't close it. Here's an image:

Spoiler :

Apparently I have both mercenaries and RtP (I didn't know until an hour ago that they were merged), so maybe that's the problem? No I don't.

Well, if I was gonna blame something, I'd blame this:

Code:
[174214.444] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Save Utils\TableSaverLoader016.lua:363: Error loading tables: checksumOld=8250, checksumNew=8148
[174214.444] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components/Mercenaries/Lua/JFD_RTP_Mercenaries_Functions.lua.

Also, putting images in Spoiler tags is a nice custom :)

Well, if I was gonna blame something, I'd blame this:

Code:
[174214.444] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Save Utils\TableSaverLoader016.lua:363: Error loading tables: checksumOld=8250, checksumNew=8148
[174214.444] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components/Mercenaries/Lua/JFD_RTP_Mercenaries_Functions.lua.

Also, putting images in Spoiler tags is a nice custom :)
Yeah, I assumed those would be the problematic lines. Any idea what I can do about that? I'd like to be able to finish a game...

Also I fixed the image, sorry :)

Yeah, I assumed those would be the problematic lines. Any idea what I can do about that? I'd like to be able to finish a game...

Also I fixed the image, sorry :)

If you happen to be a Lua god, then by all means give it a shot.

If not, then you're out of luck, IMO.

Hi, Firstly I just want to say I love the work you guys are doing, hands down some of the best modders out there.

One problem though is with the magistrate "assimilate city" ability. For some reason the ability is blocked.
Here's a screenshot: http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=wjjdxfdafd9z320af5hc.jpg
I tried waiting a turn with him in the city but the ability was still blocked. I know it must be some kind of conflict with another mod but not sure which one.
Here is my mod list: http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=gfqw8f8c6g0srkxywlp0.jpg

I'm using EUI and community patch (non-CBP) both the latest versions and installed as per author instructions with compatibility tweaks/files & same for cultural diversity. I deleted cache before installing as always... (actually its the second install of RtP, the first install gave me TXT_KEY errors on tech/buildings/wonders so I re-downloaded and installed again which fixed it).

Any help in pointing me in the right direction to resolve the issue will be much appreciated.:help:

Here are my database and lua log files:

Attachments

• Database.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Lua.txt
    304.5 KB · Views: 65
"you guys." It's just me working on this :p

City needs to be occupied, not puppeted - annex it first. Appreciate the thorough report though. I'll make it doable for both - can't think of a/the reason it's not.

City needs to be occupied, not puppeted - annex it first. Appreciate the thorough report though. I'll make it doable for both - can't think of a/the reason it's not.

Code:
[3437.593] column Type is not unique

These are from his Database log - more trigger issues?

lol damn, that didn't even cross my mind. I look forward to the update, makes sense to have the ability for puppets citys too.

:) I do understand that and my hat's off to you, I don't think I could play civ without your mods, I just meant the way you, Sukritact, community patchers and others are cooperating to make your all your mods compatible, it's commendable and long may it continue.

True, but you get paid for bug-reporting in my modding and tax breaks :p Though it truly is invalueable, and I should take a moment some time to thank those who bug test/report effectively for your patience and contributions, as it truly has made my modding better than it otherwise could be. Oh! Looks like I took that moment :D

And dont forget the ones who reports RtP bugs on CiD thread ::rolleyes:

Hey! Sometimes it's hard to keep track of what's where these days!

I'm running the latest version of your mod, and I've disabled mercenaries (see previous posts for why), and I can still build the galley, even though it says it's been changed in v 14.

I'm not sure - it may be hardcoded in the DLL, or in the ChooseReligionPopup.lua. I can look into it and, if it is the latter, can add an option in Piety for you to enable at your leisure.

Now that I think about it, what prevents the enhanced follower beliefs from being available to choose as a bonus belief?

Hey JFD I was just playing combination of your mods, specifically exploration continued, rise to power, CiD, Cultural diversity, enlightenment era, all of the community balance patch project stuff and its bundle, and all of the civilizations that you made that it looked like would be compatible with the mods, which is around 35, mainly consisting of the bundle of civs you have listed on steam.

anyway, to the point. I was playing as the aztecs, settled a city near flanders which caused them to dow me, and then i bought a bunch of mercenaries. Either right after i did that, or soon after, i became unable to build any units but catapults, but i could still purchase slave versions of units. I reloaded the game and this did not fix the issue. I thought it might have bene caused by being at war and being unhappy, but fixing that did ot fix the issue. I fired all of my mercs to try and fix the issue, and that did not fix it. Also the contract screen bugged out on me and did not show my currently active contracts around 20 turns, on standard, after i purchased the units. I assume that this is not wad. If you need a save game to properly examine this issue i would be happy to provide you with one if you could tell me how. Also thanks for all your hard work your mods add a lot of new and interesting mechanics to the game.

edit: I had also earlier experienced a CTD when i killed a khopesh unit, also playing as the aztecs. This was some too days ago. But i was missing many of the EUI compatibility files and this was also before the CiD update and i have not had this issue since so it may be fixed.
edit 2:to be more specific i am currently using all of the steam civs you et al have put out named JFD's (civ name).

Hey JFD I was just playing combination of your mods, specifically exploration continued, rise to power, CiD, Cultural diversity, enlightenment era, all of the community balance patch project stuff and its bundle, and all of the civilizations that you made that it looked like would be compatible with the mods, which is around 35, mainly consisting of the bundle of civs you have listed on steam.

anyway, to the point. I was playing as the aztecs, settled a city near flanders which caused them to dow me, and then i bought a bunch of mercenaries. Either right after i did that, or soon after, i became unable to build any units but catapults, but i could still purchase slave versions of units. I reloaded the game and this did not fix the issue. I thought it might have bene caused by being at war and being unhappy, but fixing that did ot fix the issue. I fired all of my mercs to try and fix the issue, and that did not fix it. Also the contract screen bugged out on me and did not show my currently active contracts around 20 turns, on standard, after i purchased the units. I assume that this is not wad. If you need a save game to properly examine this issue i would be happy to provide you with one if you could tell me how. Also thanks for all your hard work your mods add a lot of new and interesting mechanics to the game.

edit: I had also earlier experienced a CTD when i killed a khopesh unit, also playing as the aztecs. This was some too days ago. But i was missing many of the EUI compatibility files and this was also before the CiD update and i have not had this issue since so it may be fixed.
edit 2:to be more specific i am currently using all of the steam civs you et al have put out named JFD's (civ name).

1. Logs

2. See troubleshooting guide on first page

3. Disable Slavery, since it isn't meant to be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom