Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've deleted the appropriate files from CP, have the most recent version of EUI (double checked with your links to EUI). I have no idea why this is happening.

Which files are you deleting? I use CP and EUI and would delete certain files from CP's LUA folder. But Gazebo suggested I just delete the entire LUA folder and it's been working fine for me ever since.

Which files are you deleting? I use CP and EUI and would delete certain files from CP's LUA folder. But Gazebo suggested I just delete the entire LUA folder and it's been working fine for me ever since.

Nay, I believe it to be as JFD says. Something is up with the load order, or cache related, so deleting that LUA folder did not make a difference. Thanks anyway.

Why did you delete some files/folder? And what folder?

EUI works for me with CPP 4/9 and CulDiv+ExCE+RtP, but I'm playing 4th game in 2 days and I wasn't able to finnish any of these due to CTDs while AI turn :( And I'm wondering what is the reason.

Errors which were in every game:
Spoiler :
Code:
[24220.484] File Error: UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua
[24220.484] Runtime Error: Error loading UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua.
Code:
[24258.234] Runtime Error: Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:62: attempt to index field 'Panel' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:62: in function 'TabSelect'
	Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:82: in function 'RegisterTabBehavior'
	E:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 21)\Components/Sovereignty/Lua/UI/JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview.lua:1245: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?
[24258.234] Runtime Error: Error loading E:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 21)\Components/Sovereignty/Lua/UI/JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview.lua.

Modlist:
Spoiler :

1. (1) Community Patch Version 79
  2. (2) Community Balance Patch Version 13
  3. (3) City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP Version 27
  4. (4) C4DF - CBP Version 11
  5. (6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) Version 1
  6. Barbarians Evolved Version 3
  7. Extra Victory Conditions Version 1
  8. Global - City Jungle Bonus Version 1
  9. Global - City Working Distance Version 7
  10. Global - Civilians Move After Purchase Version 2
  11. Global - Local Generals Version 2
  12. Global Warming Version 7
  13. Global Warming Congress Version 2
  14. JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) Version 7
  15. JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded Version 14
  16. JFD's Rise to Power Version 21
  17. JFD's Rise to Power - EUI Compatibility Files Version 21
  18. More Luxuries Version 155
  19. Wario's Rules Version 1

I load RtD after all these mods, so RtD EUI Comp files are enabled last.

So I think I've to stop starting new games, because in every single game I get CTD at some random turn (but it happens in the same turn after I got CTD and loaded the game 1 turn before it). Every time I get the same errors in logs, these JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovermentOverview.lua aren't probably harmful, because it's disabled in config file, right? Or isn't it? All Sovereignty is in the comment.
But not sure about this one UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua.

Maybe I'll try one more time without EUI to see if it's related to EUI or EUI comp files (CP or/and RtD). Or maybe JFD or anyone else has other idea?

I'm sorry, JFD, that I bother you so many times, but I love RtP mod and I just can't play CivV without it :p I'd like to help somehow, but no idea how. I'll just leave logs in this post, but I think there is nothing new that wasn't posted yet.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
I plan to add those buttons into Rise to Power soon, although I've never cared for EUI's tooltips.

Don't care for the tooltips??? WHat??? That's one of the best feature IMHO. THat, the city screen, and the leader buttons on the right. I actually stopped using EUI recently because of all of the compatibility issues with the mods I use, but I am jonesing pretty hard :p

I plan to add those buttons into Rise to Power soon, although I've never cared for EUI's tooltips.

I find EUI's tooltips a big help with testing - being able to see what the unit's actual stats are, as opposed to what they're meant to be.

Spoiler :

EUI works for me with CPP 4/9 and CulDiv+ExCE+RtP, but I'm playing 4th game in 2 days and I wasn't able to finnish any of these due to CTDs while AI turn :( And I'm wondering what is the reason.

Errors which were in every game:
Spoiler :
Code:
[24220.484] File Error: UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua
[24220.484] Runtime Error: Error loading UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua.
Code:
[24258.234] Runtime Error: Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:62: attempt to index field 'Panel' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:62: in function 'TabSelect'
	Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:82: in function 'RegisterTabBehavior'
	E:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 21)\Components/Sovereignty/Lua/UI/JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview.lua:1245: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?
[24258.234] Runtime Error: Error loading E:\Dokumenty\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 21)\Components/Sovereignty/Lua/UI/JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview.lua.

Modlist:
Spoiler :

1. (1) Community Patch Version 79
  2. (2) Community Balance Patch Version 13
  3. (3) City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP Version 27
  4. (4) C4DF - CBP Version 11
  5. (6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) Version 1
  6. Barbarians Evolved Version 3
  7. Extra Victory Conditions Version 1
  8. Global - City Jungle Bonus Version 1
  9. Global - City Working Distance Version 7
  10. Global - Civilians Move After Purchase Version 2
  11. Global - Local Generals Version 2
  12. Global Warming Version 7
  13. Global Warming Congress Version 2
  14. JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) Version 7
  15. JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded Version 14
  16. JFD's Rise to Power Version 21
  17. JFD's Rise to Power - EUI Compatibility Files Version 21
  18. More Luxuries Version 155
  19. Wario's Rules Version 1

I load RtD after all these mods, so RtD EUI Comp files are enabled last.

So I think I've to stop starting new games, because in every single game I get CTD at some random turn (but it happens in the same turn after I got CTD and loaded the game 1 turn before it). Every time I get the same errors in logs, these JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovermentOverview.lua aren't probably harmful, because it's disabled in config file, right? Or isn't it? All Sovereignty is in the comment.
But not sure about this one UI/InGame/CivilizationOverview.lua.

Maybe I'll try one more time without EUI to see if it's related to EUI or EUI comp files (CP or/and RtD). Or maybe JFD or anyone else has other idea?
I started a new game without EUI, with all mods, which I have before and no CTD in 200 turns+, super stable.
So RtP EUI comp. files are bad or CPP EUI comp. or EUI itself :(

Edit: I'll try to finnish my game today, so I can see if it's really super stable without EUI :p

Hi JFD

Trying to strart a new game with CPP 4/9, CultDiv v6 and RtP v20 and I'm seing the same bug as others in lua.log:

[938203.484] Runtime Error: Assets\UI\CommonBehaviors.lua:62: attempt to index field 'Panel' (a nil value)
[938203.484] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 20)\Components/Sovereignty/Lua/UI/JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview.lua.

Any news on this?

Furthermore I would like to update to v 21 but when I tried I got the runtime error when loading a scenario. It seems that a lot of policies are added in V21. Is there any way I can disable any of these and make the version work anyway?

\Skodkim

As said, that error is benign. I'll fix it in the next update.

Not really - I don't capriciously add dummy policies, you know :p Will work with Gazebo on the next update about removing the need for policies to cache the Mercenaries system, but this is a temporary fix.

As said, that error is benign. I'll fix it in the next update.

Not really - I don't capriciously add dummy policies, you know :p Will work with Gazebo on the next update about removing the need for policies to cache the Mercenaries system, but this is a temporary fix.

Thanks - had been looking through the thread but must have somehow missed you saying that :)

I'll wait and see if you get it working without the policies for the next update then. The update looks really good btw :goodjob:

\Skodkim

I delete the LUA folder from CP, but I don't use CBP. So if you use the CBP and all it's accessories, just disregard my ramblings.

As a mod user, the most frustrating thing is how much I've grown to love EUI and how hard it is for me to play without it, yet how increasingly incompatible it's becoming with the rest of the mods I use :( It's rapidly approaching a Sophie's Choice situation, and I'm getting to the point where I'm looking more and more forward to Civ 6 so I can start anew and leave the conflict behind.

That's disappointing to hear, though understandable (I'm on-and-off-again fighting with trying to play Skyrim, but modding incompatibilities constantly bar me from it). But I hope you understand that I have been doing all I reasonably can to support EUI, despite not prefering it myself. But the more and more changes that EUI makes, the more difficult it is to keep up with it, and, like most modders, I'm just doing this in my spare time, as a hobby, and I'm just honestly burned out by EUI now. Like I said, I'm endeavouring to reach a compromise, to add as many QoL improvements that EUI adds as I can to the vanilla UI (a slow process, albeit), without compromising my own tastes in UI. But at a certain point I've got to concede to what is in my own best interests, and EUI is just plainly frustrating to manage.

That said, the EUI Comp. Files do work - they just take some patience to activate (I'm not really sure why though). Clearing cache, loading CID/RtP + the Comp. to in-game, then quitting, deselecting the Comp. Files and then re-selecting them (I dunno, I always have to rebuild the Comp Files a second time to get it to work, but maybe it'll work in just selection), are things you can try. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to create an automatic installer like the CPP, so I can't make this process any easier.

Code:
[2482.053] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 21)\Components\Piety\Lua\Utilities\JFD_PietyUtils.lua:101: attempt to compare nil with number

Might have been around the point where I started generating Faith.

That's disappointing to hear, though understandable (I'm on-and-off-again fighting with trying to play Skyrim, but modding incompatibilities constantly bar me from it). But I hope you understand that I have been doing all I reasonably can to support EUI, despite not prefering it myself. But the more and more changes that EUI makes, the more difficult it is to keep up with it, and, like most modders, I'm just doing this in my spare time, as a hobby, and I'm just honestly burned out by EUI now. Like I said, I'm endeavouring to reach a compromise, to add as many QoL improvements that EUI adds as I can to the vanilla UI (a slow process, albeit), without compromising my own tastes in UI. But at a certain point I've got to concede to what is in my own best interests, and EUI is just plainly frustrating to manage.

I'm sorry, JFD. I didn't mean for my mini-rant to sound like an attack on you personally. I've been reading the forums long enough to glean that it's not just about modders adapting their mods to EUI, but also EUI being adaptable to in the first place. I just fear that there will soon come a time where the compatibility issues will reach a boiling point and the authors of my favorite mods will need me to choose between them and EUI.

Unless someone made a modmod of EUI that kept all the features that I deem essential and filtered out the excess. But what I deem essential may not necessarily jibe with what others deem essential and asking someone to create a modmod specifically tailored to my needs is rather arrogant. If only I possessed even the most minimal amount of modding skills required to do such a thing for myself, I'd be all set.

But this is all a tangent from the topic of Rise to Power, so I'll stop droning on.

I have an issue where after loading into a game I get this:
Spoiler :

I can't exit out of it, despite the close button at the bottom. It always happens to a save where the WC has been founded (after I load in to it). Logs are apparently too big to fit in the post, how would I post them otherwise?

Does anybody know what this bug is ? Or how I can get rid of it ? A corportation glitch that wont let me quit out of it at the start of the game ? It started happening with the beta 79 community patch ?

I have an issue where after loading into a game I get this:
Spoiler :

I can't exit out of it, despite the close button at the bottom. It always happens to a save where the WC has been founded (after I load in to it). Logs are apparently too big to fit in the post, how would I post them otherwise?

I get something similar to that except it is before I even can settle my initial civ ... and it has courportations ....:confused:

This is very frustrating. Something is conflicting, or the mod itself is broken. I've got everything updated.
http://imgur.com/12KF8io

List of all my mods:
Commmunity Patch
Enlightenment Era
Historical Religions Complete
IGE
Cities in Dev
Cul Div
ExCE
Rise to Power
A Bunch of Your Civs
More Lux
Events and Decisions
Unique Cultural Influence
YNAEMP (v24)

All of this stuff has worked together in the past and is confirmed to be referenced by all your mods. I don't see what the problem could possibly be? HRC and Rise to Power? Did something change? It says it's referenced and therefore compatible?

EDIT: It's one of your civs. I'll do my best to pinpoint which, but might be extremely difficult/time consuming. Already spent 8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom