Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's based on a model of absolute sovereignty as conceived by Bodin whereby the monarch's authority is not transferrable to the people or a government, so you're competing with internal factions distinct from the sovereign such as clergies, aristocracies, commons, etc. It's not meant to reflect westphalian sovereignty which is inclusive of the entire state system and thereby is defined by external factors as you say. There is some licence taken for the sake of gameplay. Political capital is descriptive but lacks the sense of ultimateness found in sovereignty.

Yup. I can buy that. Especially since the game begins before the treaties of Westphalia.

I have this mod installed and have tried to play with it but the Government Overview screen doesn't open before or after I make a government. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have this mod installed and have tried to play with it but the Government Overview screen doesn't open before or after I make a government. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The button should be in the top right, and will be available regardless of whether or not you've chosen a government; if it isn't there, then post your Lua log.

The button should be in the top right, and will be available regardless of whether or not you've chosen a government; if it isn't there, then post your Lua log.

Yes, I do have the button where it should be. The problem is, whenever I try to press it in order to open it, it does absolutely nothing. Also, how do I post my lua log? I'm kind of new to Civ 5 mods :/

I'm having a bug where monarchy government fails to give extra sovereignty, making the government type absolutely worthless. Republics work fine, the cooldown is reduced, but as for monarchies I fail to receive the extra sovereignty the tooltip says I should get.

Logs. What mods do you use?

Vox Populi March 8th, Contextual Unit names, Historical Religions, Info Addict, Cultural Diversity, Rise to Power, and Sukritact's Events and Decisions. All of these are updated to the most recent version.

Whenever I load a saved game a red exclamation point appears where you would check your culture, tourism, and faith. I am using all of JFD's civilizations, InfoAddict, Extreme R.E.D, More Luxuries, Historical Religions, and Contextual unit names. I also cannot see my sovereignty levels. This only appears when i reload a saved game.

Last edited:
Whenever I load a saved game a red exclamation point appears where you would check your culture, tourism, and faith. I am using all of JFD's civilizations, InfoAddict, Extreme R.E.D, More Luxuries, Historical Religions, and Contextual unit names. I also cannot see my sovereignty levels. This only appears when i reload a saved game.

Lua log + Hungary will break the TopPanel

Lua log + Hungary will break the TopPanel
I do have Hungary installed and its name is a weird long string of numbers and letters so I'll uninstall that. And how do I get a Lua log? EDIT: I deleted Hungary and it works now! But I also have been having a weird problem where the screen, whenever I load any civ is black with a few red dots and the Begin Journey button, is on the right side of the screen?

Last edited:
I do have Hungary installed and its name is a weird long string of numbers and letters so I'll uninstall that. And how do I get a Lua log? EDIT: I deleted Hungary and it works now! But I also have been having a weird problem where the screen, whenever I load any civ is black with a few red dots and the Begin Journey button, is on the right side of the screen?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482

This is the LUA log without Rise to Power. I disabled RtP and the load screen is back to normal, so it must be the mod.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    117.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I searched for EUI files in the game directory and a few were lingering from when I deleted the mod so I deleted them and it works fine.

Last edited:
So I have this, and JFD's Cultural Diversity, Cities in Development, and Exploration Continued Expansion, as well as COmmunity BAlance Patch without EUI but none of the mod features seem to work. Not for RtP or any of the other mods. I also have Enlightenment Era -- and even that doesn't work.
What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom