JJ03-Monarch, Just Win

We got the Taj Mahal, but were beaten to Liberalism by 1 turn :cry:. Currently researching Military Tradition. Probably Chemistry then Steel next to get the Cannons. On the Economic side we need to get more Jungle cleared and cottages going. Qin is top score and a nearby target, but also has the top military. Only played 10 because I need to get to bed.

T0. Rushed Market in Munich, since citizen was working a 1 hammer tile.
T1. Saladin offers Engineering for Nationalism and 40gp; I decline. Munich: Market>Theater.
T2. Cologne: Barracks>Musketman. Kepler born in Delhi; St John BIFL.
T3. Ho-hum
T4. Elizabeth asks for open borders; I agree.
T5. Hamburg: Musketman>Musketman. Elizabeth beats us to Liberalism by 1 turn; Aaargh.

JJ03 - Missed Liberalism.JPG

T6. Munich: Theater>Musketman. Trade Nationalism to Qin for 1390gp. Liberalism to Saladin for Engineering and 160gp. Liberalism to Gandhi for Banking, 110gp and world map. Revolted to Free Religion. Switched research to Economics.
T7. Qin asks us to join war on Gandhi; I decline as our relations with Gandhi are a little better and Qin being nearby is a potential target. Reconsidered and switched research to Military Tradition. Trade Elizabeth Rice for 5gp/turn.
T8. Berlin: Taj Mahal>University. Golden Age begins. Essen: Lighthouse>University. Ziang Quian born in Cuzco.
T9. Ho-hum
T10. Cologne: Musketman>Galley. Frankfurt: Musketman>Musketman. Satsuma: Lighthouse>Library. Elizabeth is willing to trade Economics, but we have nothing to give her.

Attachments

• JJ03 AD-1400.zip
    466.1 KB · Views: 77
Aw, nuts! :aargh:

Nuts says Bull..... :(

Since Dutchfire is out of town I believe rddc is up next. Go ahead and take it away!

Roster:
Dutchfire - out of town to 6/7
rddc05 - up
Krockel
Lobsterboy
Jeejeep - skip until 9/7
ngraner42 - just played

I apologize for not being around for the last few days. My in-laws were visiting for the long weekend (Independence Day in the 'States), and I didn't have much time for Internet play.

@Krockel: If rddc05 hasn't picked up by the time you read this, go ahead and play. (He may also have been busy during the holiday weekend.) We can re-adjust the roster when he gets back.

1400 - 1460 AD

0:
Military Tradition in 5 turns. Golden Age for 8 more turns. I notice that we import quite a lot of luxury resources from Qin, Dyes and Gold = 4 :) with Theatre and Forge.

1:
Saladin make demand for some gold. I refuse.
Ghandhi ask us to join him against Qin. I turn him down, mostly to the :) we import from him.
Kagoshima: Courthouse -> Forge (9)

2:
Hamburg: Musket -> University (12)

3:
Munich: Musket -> University (15)

4:
Berlin: University -> Catapult (1)
Cologne: Galley -> Galley (3)
Dortmund: Lighthouse -> Granary (6)

5:
MT comes in. I upgrade our knight and HA to cavs and set Berlin to produce some more of those lovely riders. We have monopoly on MT, I don't think we would like to trade away this so I don't that. We are ahead of all but Qin tech-wise, nice!
I chose Printing Press (6) for next tech, we have quite many towns and villages so we will get a decent amount of extra gold per turn from that.

6:
I trade away Cow for Pigs to Saladin. We had the same trade to Gandhi prior, but he lost a town to Saladin, which cancel the deal. Gandhi is getting a real good beeting by Saladin and Qin at the moment. I took a screenshot from globe view, but it didn't take. But I think he's down to two cities, lucky we didn't join him in the war.... :D

7:
Libyan: Barrack -> Catapult (2)
Cologne: Galley -> Galley (4)
Elizabeth builds Hagia Sophia.

8:
Our GA ends :(

9:
Berlin: Cavalry -> Cavalry (5)
Frankfurt: Musket -> Musket (10)
Libyan: Catapult -> Catapult (9)

10:
Over and out.....

Printing Press are 1 turn away. We need to chose a tech direction, my suggestion is to go for Chemistry for Grenadiers and thereafter Steel for Canons.
Our tressure chest is almost empty, 25 gold left. I suggest we get PP next turn and thereafter lower the slider to 0% to get some gold to support 100% research later on. Binary research is quite new to me, but I believe it's better then running constant 60 - 70 %.

So are we going to use our cavs for some invasion? Qin is getting really powerful, he's #1 in tech, power and have taken a decent amount of Indian land. He is also the one closest to us on the other continent.

Oh... and here is the save and some screens.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 83
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 149
  • JJ03 AD-1460.zip
    472.2 KB · Views: 74
Are you sure we have a monopoly on Military Tradition? I thought that Mao and Elizabeth had it, but perhaps I'm confusing this SG with another one!

I think we'll need some Galleons before we invade across The Channel, but I think Qin would be the best target. We need to knock him down a notch, and his cities are the closest to our empire.

I am going to pay my parents a visit this weekend, but as I just played my turns should not come up until im back, which will be mondayish.

Back in town.
When am I up?

@Dutchfire: I'm up, but if you want to play go ahead. With many people absent, I think I played just two turns ago!

Adjusted roster:
Dutchfire - *UP*
Lobsterboy - on deck
Jeejeep - skip until 9/7
ngraner42
rddc05 - MIA??
Krockel - just played

Played it, didn't know exactly what to do, but I'm moving troops to Toku and to Gandhi's only city (it's on our continent). My plan is to kill of Gandhi, and then start a war on Toku with support of Saladin, and possibly Qin. Those to are really running away from us at the moment.
I chose Chemistry as our next tech so we can get steel earlier.

small chatlog (I didn't mention all the units I was building)
Spoiler :
1466 finished Printing Press->Chemistry
1472 traded Printing Press for economics, switched to Free Market, started war industry, producing cavalry and catapults in various places
1478 Bombay was captured by China
1484 x
1496 x
1502 x
1508 x
1514 Delhi captured by China
1520 2 turns left until our troops arrive near Gandhi's last city. Army standing by near Osaka to attack Toku.

OK, but I need the save!

Sorry I've been MIA guys. I was away on vacation and just got in too much of a hurry leaving town and forgot to leave word. Back and ready for action when my turn is up.

sorry, the file is to big, so i'm busy to upload it now.

How should I do it???????

Under the 'Quick Links' drop-down menu underneath the Forum Directory Path near the top of the page, select 'Upload File'. Then, just follow the directions.

Top Bottom