JOE-05 - The Crusades

Nice situation. Liz's power rating is really small so we will have no difficulty beating her and razing London.

The hard part will be holding off domination if we take those cities in the north. Perhaps we should raze some.

I wonder if Freddy will go for the permanent alliance. Are permanent alliances checked in the options ?

If not it could get very tricky if Liz vassals up to Fred.

Sorry mice, I forget the Permanent Alliances aren't a default option and have to be explicitly chosen in the options...no, it's not checked.

From here on in, we'll have to keep a close check on the Domination limit, and as you suggest, it may be best to keep Peter's central line of cities and raze those nothern tundra cities.

Under normal circumstances, a Theatre would probably be the first build, but it may be better to not build any culture at all from here on in, until all cities have Christianity (which will build culture anyway, I know) and London is razed. Then bang the culture slider up once we've got peace with Liz...I don't think it'd be right to wipe her out, she's been a good ally letting us use her land as a staging post for the Russian war.

Once the culture slider is up, we should get Domination in a few turns I would think.

Also, I believe I have played out my last turns...I would imagine this being done and dusted in perhaps three or four turnsets. I'll be quite interested at the end to see how much money our shrine was bringing in!

Turn 0 Sent the navy off up the coast.

Turn 1
Missonary in Oxford.

Took Kabovosk no losses.

Moved all the bombers over to the war.

Turn 2
Landed the navystack near Yaroslav and pillaged his horses.

Turn 3 took Yaroslav and kept it, the last keeper for a while. Lost 1 tank. We are only on 48% land ,but we will keep Moscow and that will give us a good margin of error until we raze London.

Missionaries (getting airlifted) failed in Orenburg but succeeded in Yaroslav so we have 3 cities to convert still.

Navy moves on to Vladivostok. Land stack moves on to Moscva.

Turn 4
Moscow falls. CRIII tanks against riflemen and Cossacks. I keep it. It has the pyramids.

Poor synergy decision. I decide to revolt to Police state, but then realise that we dont need to tech more . That is debatable but I decided to go with it. So I put culture up to 100% to get rid of Warwariness.
It means that Rince you can manipulate our land uptake by moving the culture slider around. The new cities have theatres. It's just a case of juggling our culture and timing it with the razing of London and the christianisation of all cities.

Turn 5
Peter responds with new found artillery. Luck I have gunships up there now. We will be fine. In the North, Destroyers live up to their name beating Frigates in the icy sea

The landstack moves out to raze the holy city of Novgorod beating a few art on the way with gunships and a marines.

A pop up arrives to encourage JesusonEez's paranoia

He's more powerful than us? Sheesh.

Turn 6

Anarchy finally finished. Raze the northmost cit with the navy stack, but he's popping other cities up. Split the stack to stamp the new city out in the North. Land stack en route to holy city.

Turn 7

Holy city burns.

Turn 8 Small pop up city on the west coast burns. Only the pesky island city remains. I don't have troops there to clean it up but send some down and airlift some gunships.

We are at 50% land with 2 cities to still come out of revolt. Culture running at 40%. Happiness is OK at this level thanks to Police state.

Moving some units to Liz's border in preparation for the worst backstab in Crusading history. Only 2 cities remain unchristian in our empire.

Elizabeth has 7 cities not yet converted . with London razed that's 6 we need to convert.

Missionaries airlifting again after anarchy.

Turn 9 Moving units south to England. Shooting some pesky SAM from Russia, but they remain a nuisance.

Turn 10 or 11. Go one turn extra to try to eliminate Peter. Wipe out the island city but he's not dead.

Realize that Coventry was Russian. I send a tank there in one move to attack the rifle. There is a Cossack remaining I look around the map for any unit that can get there in one move. I see a Knight in one of the English cities. I send him in against the Cossack at 60%,

He wins, Russia is terminated, by a Crusading Knight !!!

So we are on 52% and only one Roman city needs christianity.

The stack is waiting near the border. I recommend converting peacefully all the remaining cities and keeping a close eye on the domination limit, and then pulling the trigger directly on London.

Roster;
Mice just finished the 4th crusade
Rince up for the 5th crusade

Attachments

• Alexius I AD-1897.CivWarlordsSave
    409.1 KB · Views: 133
A pop up arrives to encourage JesusonEez's paranoia

:wow:

Good stuff mice, I didn't expect to see Russia eradicated by the end of your turn (although I didn't expect them to have much left).

Aaaah, Rince. It looks like you're not going to get a fight after all. I imagine your 10 turns will be taken up with converting. vra may get to finish it off.

Hey chaps! As this is coming to a glorious conclusion, I'm about to start another. There is one reserved place for anyone from this SG if you want it.

Link is in the sig (JOE-06) so if you want in, let me know there. If you could let me know as soon as possible that'd be great, as if none of you want it, I can open up the space for others.

Ta.

[offtopic]

Aaaah, Rince. It looks like you're not going to get a fight after all. I imagine your 10 turns will be taken up with converting.

I can always attack Freddy if I feel bored ;-)

As to your new SG I'm afraid I can't join at the moment. My PhD defence is in one month. But maybe once BtS comes out you could start another one. I would certainly join that one.

Rince

JoE I will opt out of the other SG to keep my life in balance. But thanks

I want to say this was a great variant. I really enjoyed it. Some tense moments, and a lot of action. Really epic.Thanks for starting it up.

BTS, we can get some amazing variants going I think.

There can be three on the map at any given time. They've been getting airlifted out of that missionary pump in the north.

Sorry to say that but I have to skip again (and obviously the last time). I always think that on the weekend there's more time than during the week but obviously this is not the case.

Greetings,

Rince

btw: I think units which are airlifted don't show up in the Military Advisor screen. That's what confused me....

Top Bottom