Jotnar

Why is only Egrass effected? Would moving him make some other unit unbuildable?

Woops, he said in CIVinfos. Not UnitInfos, which is what I thought. No idea why moving it in that file would help, unless there is another entry for his unitclass with the <unit>NONE</unit> tag, and there isn't.

I'm trying to remember the exact steps I used to fix it...there was a particular "slot" in the list of units that would show as unbuildable. Didn't matter which unit I put there. I think I eventually stuck their fort commander UU there...it is only "built" through python and is thus unaffected.

Have you tested that? Could cause issues, as the civ's Fort Commander UU is checked when deciding what type of commander should be created... If it's not reading properly, it'll create the default unit.

I haven't today...can look later.

It is a really random and seemingly nonsensical error. I hates it.

Is there going to be a patch anytime soon, to fix the Jotnar issues? I really like this civ and not having Egrass, not to mention the 'no settler' issue, makes them very difficult to play.

If The Creat settlement via Fort works then there is no "no settler" issue because it is intended that Jotnar cant build settler. I curnetly play a moded version so I am not sure if it works in the unmoded.

Well, from what I remember Vermicious saying, next version the Jotnar will be able to build settlers again.... Fixes the AI crashes. Turns out the AI needs a settler and worker (Thrall Militia serves as worker and warrior) or else it dies, who knew. :lol:

That said, there are some large features being worked on. No idea when we'll release, sorry. ;)

Top Bottom