Journey to Nowhere - Game Thread

The softspoken Mike Hammer has almost nothing to say. He's shocked, bewildered, astonished, at the doctor's incredibly stupid actions.

Back home, some can hear him mutter. What went through this mind is hard to describe, but was a mixture of homesickness and anger at the Eastdukes, those Yanks. They had common sense back where he came from, yep.

Finally, though, he gathers up the self-resolve to speak a little.

I think, back where I came from, we'd hang ya. Set up a kangaroo court in the morning, and hang you by noon. Lucky for you, and for us, I'm not that lawless. Still, his actions prove we can't trust him at all. He'll be a liability. If he wants to stay with us, I think he'll have to prove himself by taking part in some dangerous mission and succeeding. Then he can regain his honor.

Anyway, let's head towards the outpost. I think we need some sort of plan for approaching it. I'm not the military guy though. Just put me to work once we get there and I can make it nigh on impenetrable.

He lapses into a deep silence again.

I got no problem feedin' Aquarin to our enemies, but if we're gonna make a stand for freedom, we can't start usin' it on our own people.

Aquarin isn't exactly a brainwashing drug, it just makes the drinker particularly... suggestible. Anyway, what if someone need medicine and drank poison by mistake? The doctor is the only one who knows, and if he's not willing to talk, we have to do what we have to do. And we need to know if he really is an Imperial agent.

"I know some of you cannot support my decision. As far as I can hear, some of you want Richard dead, and some want him back in the ranks..."

Ninosca looks at Jeremy. "I suggest Jeremy takes a good, long talk with Richard to hear what he's all about... If you'll need any Aquarin, I would deem it appropriate to sacrifice half a potion of it to be sure about our doctor, or atleast our medicine."

She then walks towards Richard and looks him in the eyes. "You're calling me an idiot? You risked the safety of all of us without team consensus. You tried sneaking away in the middle of the night. I hope you know what kind of suspicion that awakens in the less... Trusting of us.

I just want you to know, if you had not been the doctor on the team, I'd have killed you right away. No aiming-for-the-legs."

Ninosca's voice raises in volume and pitch. A tear is threatening to fall from one of her eyes. "I'm too trusting..." Her hand fiddles along the barrel of her weapon before she lowers it, clenched in a fist. "If you prove to be like Juan... I'll kill you. With my hands."

She then punches Richard across the mouth with all her force, before quickly trotting to her own tent, tears silently running down her face.

How about we do this. A slightly modified version of my previous plan:

-Richard goes free. Again, see my reasoning in my last post
-I get his stuff. He'll have full access to it and can keep his knife and pistol for protection. And his food of course.
-He gets a three turn probation were he gets no votes. In the end, he gets his votes and his stuff back. Kind of like probation
-He gets two watchers, one visible, one invisible, each night.
-If he screws up badly again, THEN we can talk of more severe consequences.

That sound good? If anybody has any major objections to me holding his stuff, i'd be happy to give it to another person.

And if we get stabbed to death by that same knife, at least I'll be able to laugh at you for your rather ironic death.

How's he gonna do that? If'n we tie him, like I said, and the sperson tieing has atleast some idea of how to make a knot, it should take him a while to get out. Maybe, blindfold him and lead him into the woods aways, then tie him. Proabably be half a day or more afore he figures out where he is, let alone where we are. And with his bummed up legs he ain't gunna catch us But we cain't just kill him. And what if he ain't a Vlax anyway? *Gavin spits on the ground*

Down on one knee, eye level with the Doctor, Jeremy is cleaning his fingernails with his hunting knife. He looks over his shoulder, and addresses Ryan, "I'm grateful for all you've done to get us this far. The lot of us mightn't've gotten out of Areville we hadn't me you. The only good idea you got on this issue is that we put one active guard on him and one hidden. Tonight though you should let me spend the night with him," he says with a grin caressing his knife.

/OOC Icekommander, he is already tied up with my rope.

I think we're all jumping to conclusion here. Just because the man made a stupid mistake doesn't make him a traitor. Ever hear of second chances? His error didn't cost us anything and I don't thin he'll make the same mistake again. Will you now Richard?

I think we should come to a consensus. Don't want anybody shooting me while I try to get hold of his stuff. Which I intend to do unless somebody has a better idea about who should get it. Because I'd love to hear it. And please, please tell me if you intend to shoot me when I come to get his stuff later. We don't want two injured people on our hands.

How's he gonna do that? If'n we tie him, like I said, and the sperson tieing has atleast some idea of how to make a knot, it should take him a while to get out. Maybe, blindfold him and lead him into the woods aways, then tie him. Proabably be half a day or more afore he figures out where he is, let alone where we are. And with his bummed up legs he ain't gunna catch us But we cain't just kill him. And what if he ain't a Vlax anyway? *Gavin spits on the ground*

Unlike you, dear sir. I don't just look at the next half day.
I do believe in the concept of poetic justice. Black humour too.

His error didn't cost us anything

One bullet. A lot of anger. The possibility of losing a doctor. The possibility of him sympathising with Vlat if he wasn't before because we weren't too polite. A relatively useless mouth to feed.
Yep. Didn't cost us anything.

One bullet. A lot of anger. The possibility of losing a doctor. The possibility of him sympathising with Vlat if he wasn't before because we weren't too polite. A relatively useless mouth to feed.
Yep. Didn't cost us anything.
You know what I mean. It's not to late to make up for harsh words. A bullet is what? A few cents at the most? And he's not useless once (if) he's freed.

The point is, nobody lost their lives, we have all of our stuff, we're healthy with the exception of Richard. No long term harm done if we all, Richard, me, you, Ninosca, and everyone else, just forget this little mishap and keep going. If we execute him he might as well as gone off on his own. What was the point of traveling together? It was to keep us all together. What will we not do if one of us dies? Stay all together. Come on, in the interest of unity lets go with my suggestion and go on with our travels.

"In the interest of unity? That is argument? You seem to be the only one that wants to free him without stipulation, Ryan."

Ninosca reexits her tent. Her cheeks are still red from her tears but she has a decided, almost stern, look about her face. She walks back over to the group.

"Sorry I cracked up before, guys, I know I shouldn't have... It's just... No, that doesn't matter now, we need to look foward...

I was thinking, let's keep Richard tied up for now, then Benjamin scouts ahead and checks the outpost... Someone can go with him. If everything seems okay, he returns for the rest of us. In the meantime, I suggest that we try to talk some sense into the doc, hear what he's up to and such. I am willing to give him back his stuff once he's up and going, if he can swear to me that he will hold no personal grudge for what I did to him in the interest of the group."

Unlike you, dear sir. I don't just look at the next half day.
I do believe in the concept of poetic justice. Black humour too.

You are dense ain't you? Say we follow my suggestion, blindfold him, untie him, lead him into the woods away's and then retie him, with his knife lying a good ten feet away. Then we leave fer the outpost.

It will take him quite good deal of squrming to get to the knife, and longer to get the rope off. Say it take's 'im three hours. Now he's lost in the woods, and were three hours worth of walking away. THen he has to find our camp, or a road or something, and follow us back to the outpost. If were four, five, six hours ahead, how's he gunna catch us? WE should be long gone from the outpost by then, and he won't know which way we went. But chances are, it'll take him quite a bit longer.

Or then if'n he's a Vlax spy, he trys to make his way to Bakerstown, to alert the authorities, we will be even farther ahead, an unless they got some sort of kick-arse tracker, they'll never find us.

Surely a yokel like you would understand the idea of grudges and revenge more. The good doctor's pride is damaged and if he held a grudge against us, I am positive he'd spend a while to return the favour with the weapons we so graciously returned to him. But I'm not here to bandy words with you.

I'll be doing a quick scout of the outpost - hopefullly it's nice and empty. Who's keen to come with?

I reckon too many will make too much of a noise. I say Gavin should come along too, we're the best sneakers in the group (next to Nike :badum pssh:) and would be the least useless.

Ryan could cover us as we approach the place and Gavin and me can go in. I may have bandied hard words with the man, but I do know how to get a job done.

I'm not so keen on that. I'd likely be a liability.

So, me and a few others will hang back and wait for the scouting party. Throw us a signal or something if you need trouble; otherwise, assuming it's empty, we'll just hole up in there.

If there are no objections, I'd like to take Alen and anyone else who's handy and we'll start fixing up fortifications. If we plan on staying here for an extended period of time, I can begin work on really strong ones; otherwise, I can fix up a quick, temporary one.

*Dickie is playing 'fetch' with Dazzler. For some reason, and despite the abundance of suitable sticks in the area, the thrown item is his long-suffering rifle (which, it seems, he has named Delilah).*

That's it, boy... Fetch ol' Delilah back to me... Good doggy!

*After Dazzler tires of the game, and wanders off to sniff Thomas's pockets, Dickie turns to speak to the group.*

Okay... While the scouts are takin' a peek at the outpost, me and Daz should see if can find some more rabbits. That last one was real tasty.

Whoever does the scoutin', I'd tell 'em to be real careful, and to rush back as soon as they're sure it's safe. We don't want to be hangin' around any longer than we have to.

Assuming all goes well, we can then go loot the place, set up camp, and divide up any spoils accordin' to the needs of the group. I won't be happy if I find out someone's tried to pocket some goodies for himself...

As for the Doctor, we should keep him under close guard for the time bein'. Until he's managed to prove to us that he's safe, we shouldn't be takin' no risks. For the sake of keepin' him occupied, though, I suggest we give him back the drugs and the medical book, so he can get sortin' them for us. If he wants to get back onside, he'd best do a damned good job of it.

Top Bottom