Juicy Immortal Mehmed II start (Fractal, normal, no huts/events)

goldys_lackey

Hitler
Apologies in advance because evidently I installed the BUG mod to the wrong directory or something, not everyone will be able to play the save. I've been putting off a re-install and I'll do it before posting another game, promise. But, some of you should be able to play it, and this was too good to not share.

Here's the leader (Exp/Org):

And the start:

I'm learning Immortal so shadows appreciated!

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    39.6 KB · Views: 70
A bit poor in food. :lol: Gems are juicy but there's not enough food.
I think 1S would be a better move. Purely because it looks like you'll get riverside access and more tiles to farm to make up for lack of food. You lose plains cows, but it's plains cows :p

Spoiler :
1S is much much better after I built anyway

Hmm. I don't like food situation here.
I'd gamble and go SE in search for some food. If no food is there, there still are enough river tiles for farming and cottaging to make one monster bureau cap. Don't forget to farm bananas.

Edit: And you get an option to build one hell of a levee if game lasts that long.

@Revent re:food

Spoiler :
I moved 1E with an eye to preserving the green hill in my capital while sacrificing no riverside. This proved to be a strong move research-wise, because I was first to Alpha, Math, Currency, and CS, although a bit behind in cities (neighbors expanded quite fast). However I am pleased with everyone I've met atm and have no reason to press borders with Russia or China. Will post screencaps later.

I think getting a strong 2ndary worker/settler pump city out early is a strong play. I used the wet rice city to the south (2nd city) for that purpose, and then a green cow/PH city north of capi later on.

I am curious to see how your game goes, if you settle 1S, please take screencaps and post heavily here on your progress!

I moved 1E as well. It is poor on food, but you can farm the nanas and switch off of it until you get to Size 5 by which point you are breezing through techs. Decent city spot to the south to get you...umm...active...and

Spoiler :
Peter made an excellent Worker farm. I have around 11 workers at 2000BC and Moscow...ha...He's a bit far away, but you can fill it in eventually. I just kept stealing his workers and 2 settlers until a had a few chariots up there. Peter had 5 archers stupidly moving to his second city while leaving Moscow with only 2. Moscow is GP farm heaven.

Interestingly, all the 4 AIs met are quite far away. You could easily go peaceful here and fill in a bunch of land (and there is some decent land despite a swath of desert), but it is good to rid yourself of Peter.

By the way, I went Mining>AH here so as to mine the grass gems immediately and grow on it until AH comes in. It will speed up AH and other things, then improve the cow, gem hill and farm nanas.

Looks like I'll get a late Oracle and probably take Currency or CoL

Edit: I think 1S would be a pretty bad move. It's blind and loses resources. Granted it's plains cow, but plains cow is better than nothing. Plains cow is actually a pretty good tile in itself, just not when the generator considers it a food resource - great for IMP settlers and EXP workers though.

I played this map a bit and...

Spoiler :
Mao is on a peninsula to the west of you, I was able to block him off with 1 city. He later built GW and the Mids, I'll take those thank you very much :p

1806 AD Domination
Spoiler :

I settled 1S and there was wet rice and once I discovered Animal Husbandry, horses. So I HA rushed Peter and because I didn't get killed by maintenance (thanks to 3x gems + organized), I continued to take all of China. After that I expanded into the remaining land and got 30+ something cities and teched to tanks and nukes. Attacked Gilgamesh and after having taken a few cities Pacal vassalled to me and Gilgamesh soon after. Then I took one of Bismarck's cities and he capitulated too.

It's quite easy and straight-forward once u get a huge amount of nice land early. Get currency and courthouses and build enough workers and settlers and claim the remaining land and spend the rest of the game getting techs in a few turns and steamroll the AIs late game.

560 AD: China killed a few turns earlier
Spoiler :

1720 AD: Preparing to roll Sumer
Spoiler :

1806: End of game
Spoiler :

Here's my 1040 AD progress, just about to lib PP probably

Spoiler :

11 cities. Not too far behind, but still behind. I recently switch to Buddhism / OR with an eye to building univs and Oxford, since I am cottage heavy. Still, I feel like I have already missed the ball a little bit. Ox will help but I will still need to whip/draft away cottage tiles in order to mount any kind of typical Renaissance attack. I think my fault may have been in seeing all this luscious unpopulated green land and switching into rex mode early on.

I am starting to build some workshops now, and have 1/2 teched guilds already. So, my tentative plan right now is to beeline Communism, trade for stone hopefully and build Kremlin while teching to steel and then buy a bunch of cannons and grenadiers, and take out Sumer and/or Russia. Luckily my diplo is still ok thanks to HR and Bureau, and trading away all my resources for gold - a viable play thanks to the Hammam.

Goldys:
Spoiler :
Why do you have a hamman in your capital if you are not near the health or happiness limits?

Goldys:
Spoiler :
Why do you have a hamman in your capital if you are not near the health or happiness limits?

big whip of uni would be my pure guess...

edit:
better question is why the description of the gameplan looks like big mess... at 1040 AD you should be already at libbing either of mt or steel.

if you wanted to go with cannons then no reason to go for unis everywhere. They only delay you.

Nicely done JSS. Sacrificing early resources on military instead of tech/rex is an art I have yet to seriously tackle. It always amazes me when at 560 AD a player can be wrapping up his HA rush and only 1200 years later be teching plastics. Good game.

Such a strange game, I HA rushed Peter asap and after taking his six cities, I was still able to more than double that with peaceful expansion afterwards.

Relaxing game, no micromanagement or total focus required. Settled 1S with a second city sharing the gems and taking the cows in mind, turned out to be way stronger than settling in place. Not sure why but everything about this game was easy. Had the only two threatening AIs at friendly almost the whole time, great land, felt easier than emperor even :lol:

Took every city on the continent just 'cause i abhor naval invasions, probably could have shaved a few hundred years off that.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 277
I decided to play this one and it's been a pretty strange game so far.

Spoiler :
Despite having a nice tech lead through the game, i haven't been able to get the AI to do anything. There have been zero wars, and I've had to self-tech lots of things that i don't usually self-tech due to the AI's unwillingness to trade despite everyone being pleased with me. As a result, my cuir attack date is actually going to be pretty late despite the great land.

Another reason the attack date is late is just the sheer amount of land there was to settle. I have 10 cities, but Peter has 18 right now! He managed to block off both Mao and Gilgamesh and just had a huge amount of territory to settle.

Check these relations out:

Spoiler :

I've never seen this before. Especially considering there are two people in Hinduism, one Buddhist, one Confucian, and Peter in Free Religion (was Confucian for much of the game thus far).

@Izuul. I want what these guys are smoking. That must have been one hell of a joint to get a love fest going like this. Not one angry face!!

Didn't turn out the way I plan so resign
Spoiler :
I was able to block china from over expanding but Russia had plenty of land up north. I should have taken him out early. The Mayans found a religion and so did china. I did not pick side yet I had a feeling that China would attack me so I build some defensive unit the only problem was Russia also attack me. I was able to bribe china for peace but it was just too late.

I might replay either testing rushing or better my diplomacy.

@Izuul
AI didn't love each other except me :)

Top Bottom