1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] June 2019 Patch: Undocumented Changes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, Jun 18, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I thought I read somewhere that YnAMP was experimenting with a city state selection option; I don't know if it's been implemented, as I disabled almost all mods for my first post-patch game.

Ondolindë likes this.
  2. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yes, it's from YnAMP.

WillowBrook likes this.
  3. Minou

Minou King

Settling on Georhermal Fissure but keeping the science and adjacency for Campus is awesome. I like the idea that the city is now heated from below with geothermal power...

Ondolindë and Ozymandias9891 like this.
  4. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Yep. Also aqueduct ajacency for the fissure in any direction.

I wonder if Hungary can build a Thermal Bath like that? Probably yes

Sostratus likes this.
  5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

This is good news. I remember the first time I accidentally destroyed a geothermal fissure by "sitting" on it.

6. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

The reactors run on the enriched tears of those poor sailors

The description of their Amazon ability hasn't changed, like ever. If you're referring to the chatter about appeal from jungle tiles, what people are referring to is the fact that brazil's neighborhoods don't get extra housing at all, like it says in the ability. Instead, any jungle owned by brazil produces +2 appeal, taking them from -1 to +1 tiles. Since neighborhoods get housing from appeal, this is what that ability text references - although it's a misnomer because if it were true it would mean a neighborhood surrounded by rainforest would get +8 housing, not +6.
    Anyways, that appeal piece is still in the game:
    Before Settle:
    Spoiler :

upload_2019-6-28_14-4-2.png

After Settle:
    Spoiler :

upload_2019-6-28_14-4-36.png

7. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Ah, that explains it. The wiki has the wrong text, then. Or, rather, the wiki explains better what's happening, but doesn't match the in-game text. Hence, the confusion.

Thanks!

Sostratus likes this.
  8. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

I'm not sure but I think they changed the attack animation for nuclear subs. As far as I remember, before there was only the missile animation and now there is a torpedo animation when attacking units on water tiles and the missile animation when attacking units on land tiles.