[GS] June 2019 Patch: Undocumented Changes

I like that barbarians are dangerous. No reason for you to coast through peaceful times.

If it helps, you can make the minimap full screen with one of the buttons on top of it.

Thanks, but I meant to say HAS been increased. I've edited it now. There's a nice mod which allows me zoom out further :). (And I use Strategic View a lot, because it just looks so good)

Edit: Ignore me, I'm sleepy. I did mean hasn't in that sentence.

*Award for useless post*

This may been pure 'luck of the draw' but in three Post-Patch Starts, I have seen 'clusters' of Strategic Resources: 3 - 4 Horses all within 2 - 3 tiles of each other, 2 - 3 Iron on adjacent hills. I haven't really had enough starts or played late enough to see if it applies to later-game Strategic Resources, but Pre-Patch I never saw this kind of Strategic resource clustering, even when I played with Abundant Resources enabled.

Definitely true. I came across an uninhabited mini-continent that had three horses within 2 tiles of each other. That never happened before. I also came across a desert city with three oil -- which was possible before but unlikely.

I'm in favor of it. It gives a real tension to the diplomacy OR the military aspect of things. Play nice with prince of oil and buy it at a discount or take it *cough* Venezeula or Saudi Arabia *cough* and deal with the horsehockystorm that comes afterwards.

Definitely true. I came across an uninhabited mini-continent that had three horses within 2 tiles of each other. That never happened before. I also came across a desert city with three oil -- which was possible before but unlikely.

I'm in favor of it. It gives a real tension to the diplomacy OR the military aspect of things. Play nice with prince of oil and buy it at a discount or take it *cough* Venezeula or Saudi Arabia *cough* and deal with the ****storm that comes afterwards.

If we are talking about taking oil, your avatar comes to mind...

I'm in favor of it. It gives a real tension to the diplomacy OR the military aspect of things. Play nice with prince of oil and buy it at a discount or take it *cough* Venezeula or Saudi Arabia *cough* and deal with the ****storm that comes afterwards.

By no means am I complaining about it: I think having the equivalent of the"Oil Fields" of various parts of the world or the "Iron Mountains" is a Very Good Thing - but it is an apparent Undocumented Change in map generation.

Not strictly an “undocumented” change, but Light Cav have gone back to being the Unit Class with “easy” Strategic Resource requirements. You now only need horses for Light Cav until you get to Helicopters. Much better.

Last edited:
Is it new that you can lose diplomatic favor due to grievances against you? I haven't done much warring (and what I've done has been mostly liberating) in GS, so maybe I've missed it, but tonight after I captured Hungary's last city (classical era), I started losing what little diplo favor I'd accumulated. The rate of loss decreased fairly quickly, but I was down to 0 favor before it started accumulating again.

Arranging great works is a pain again: you have to click, hold and scroll if you want to move a great work to a venue that’s out of view. This was introduced in the last patch, then quickly patched out, but it’s back. :mad:

Something has changed with districsts diversity and holy site districts.

1) AI spams one type of city district. Rome building encampment every single city? C'mon.... and staying 30 beakers lategame on immortal....

2) Holy sites districts are not prioritised at all and most of AI doesnt care about grabing a religion

I finished 2 games immortal difficulty
First
7 seas mapscript or so, playing Rome, I found FIRST religion by recruiting prophet only using Golden era bonus, no district, no faith purchase. he was idle for ages as I build my 1st holy site in my 5th very low production city.
2nd religion came with Stonehenge very later and third at the time I have all civs except one converted

Second
Not so early Stonehenge by Dutch, Canada got religion pretty early, i got one too even though I didnt rush for it,, Georgian religion came after mine. And then waiting eras for remaining 2 religions to be found.

Generally speaking,
There is NO need to be in a hurry to get own religion any more

Also I didnt find it on notes, but:

PrePatch
Military intervention against Zulu, after liberating Kumasi I was still able to take every Zulu city without any greviances

PostPoatch
Military intervention to liberate city state, but grievances are present when taking other cities.

Finally fixed?

Is it new that you can lose diplomatic favor due to grievances against you? I haven't done much warring (and what I've done has been mostly liberating) in GS, so maybe I've missed it, but tonight after I captured Hungary's last city (classical era), I started losing what little diplo favor I'd accumulated. The rate of loss decreased fairly quickly, but I was down to 0 favor before it started accumulating again.

Not new. Was added last patch.

This has been driving me crazy, but I think they knocked markets down to just +2 gold.
Fair enough, but it wasn't in the patch notes. I'm curious as to the motivation to touch the market but not bank or stock exchange.

Is that a slight buff for Coastal Cities...?
I think you posted that in the wrong thread, mate.
Is it a buff for coastal? probably not. Most coastal cities have CHs in them because of the harbor triangle. If CH<->Harbor was mutually exclusive like water parks and ECs, then maybe it would be getting somewhere.

Although actually, virtually all cities end up with a CH just because of how vital trade routes are. I just Don't grasp the motivation for removing one gold from just the market.

Did I miss something? Playing as Sycthia and after researching Shipbuilding my galleys now have the Norwegian ability tag to travel on ocean tiles. I have not built any wonders, and the only 2 natural wonders discovered are Pantanal and Pamukkale.

Did I miss something? Playing as Sycthia and after researching Shipbuilding my galleys now have the Norwegian ability tag to travel on ocean tiles. I have not built any wonders, and the only 2 natural wonders discovered are Pantanal and Pamukkale.

admiral leif erikson?

This has been driving me crazy, but I think they knocked markets down to just +2 gold.
Fair enough, but it wasn't in the patch notes. I'm curious as to the motivation to touch the market but not bank or stock exchange.

This was done with the release of R&F. It even has an update entry in the XML, rather than a replacement of the base game value.

This was done with the release of R&F. It even has an update entry in the XML, rather than a replacement of the base game value.
Huh, I cannot believe I never noticed. Given I've built however many thousands of markets since then. Doesn't help that the wiki etc has never updated it but has updated most other pages.
Too much time time in the hansa, not enough time in the hub I suppose...

Just finished my first game on the new patch and noticed some funky stuff:
You can capture civilian units in water with land units if your unit is on land. (doesn't work if your land unit is already embarked)
As Dido I captured an england city with a harbor and a lighthouse both pillaged. Upon capture the harbor district disapear (?), later in the game I built a Cothon on the exact same spot and was able to repair the lighthouse.

Top Bottom