1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] June 2019 Patch: Undocumented Changes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, Jun 18, 2019.

1. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I cross posted it because it was relevant to the discussion around Coastals.

I do think it buffs Coastals v Land Cities.

Generally, if you're building a harbours, you want to build them in Coastal Cities to maximise Harbour adjacecy and to allow for CC+H+? Triangles.

If you're inland, you're generally only building CHs. So, a nerf to markets is a slight Nerf to inland cities relative to Coastal Cities.

Reducing available sources of Gold also buffs Coastal Cities, because it makes them more important to you gold economy.

Still. Not a big change.

Yeah. Can't believe I missed this too.

2. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

In fairness, you don't build a Civ 6 market for it's gold yield, so I wouldn't beat yourselves up about it. :lol:

acluewithout likes this.
  3. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

Okay, i definitely couldn't find this in the patch notes, but I did confirm in game that anticav units now get +14 vs mounted.
    This is a very substantial change because it means a few things:
    Spears no long lose to horsemen 1v1
    Spears now obliterate chariots at +11

Pikes hit knights for +7 now, as God intended.
    P&S skewers knights for +21, just like what swords do to spears.
    P&S hurt cuirassiers at +5 now, instead of just +1.

AT and Modern AT actually hit their armored counterparts for +4 instead of +0.
    Mind you, +4 is only about +20% damage. The real benefit is increasing how economical these AC units are. They still get murdered by melee units. I guess we have a sort of triangle now?

4. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

5. Kwami

Kwami Deity

I also don't see that change in the patch notes, but I think it was mentioned in one of the videos.

King Rad and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Sounds like a bug with having two unique districts, perhaps? Kinda funny, IMO.

As Suleiman, I captured a city with a pillaged Cothon from Dido. It just turned into a pillaged regular harbor, as expected.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  7. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

I have a hand-scribbled note that it was mentioned in one of the preliminary videos/chats, but it was mentioned as +17 (I underlined the number and put an exclamation point after it!). Apparently they toned it down, but didn't bother to document it.

8. vixlar

vixlar Chieftain

I'm not sure if this change was in the winter patch, but I love it!!!

Is about the buying production with money or faith submenu. Before, if you wanted to see your list of buyable items, when you cycled to another city, it retruned to the production screen, and you had to press the buy screen... but now it maintains in the buy with gold or buy with faith screen... is fantastic!!!

Another change, in the same screen is that when you opened the production screen, it blocked the "next city" button, and you had to use the keyboard, now it slides the city screen to the left, and the "next city" button is accesible now. I think this change was mentioned before, but I couldn't play for some months until now, just in time for the june patch.

WillowBrook and bbbt like this.
  9. SirBean

SirBean Chieftain

Looks like the Colossal Head improvement has some inconsistencies since the update. It lost its +1 Faith for every 2 Woods adjacency bonus (but regains its 1-to-1 bonus with Humanism). Rainforests were untouched.

The Civilopedia's sidebar entry reflects this, but its text description reflects the old behavior (rainforests and woods both gave +1 Faith for every 2 of the feature). Either way, this wasn't in the patch notes.

acluewithout likes this.
  10. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

During their patch video I know they moused over a Pike & Shot that showed +14. i didn't listen to the other media they put out though (or really even the audio in that video.)
    That's why i knew to check for it. In fairness, +17 is a clean 100% modifier. +14 is like +75% ish, not as clean and pretty. I think they just wanted pike vs knight and AT units to do better, but they've accidentally made pike and shot amazing

acluewithout likes this.
  11. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

The new 'abilities tooltip' shows +14CS vs mounted as was shown in the patch preview video.
    However, all combat previews show that anti-cav units still get the old +10CS vs mounted (consistent with the total combat strength calculation, tested with Spearmen and Pikemen only).
    CombatLog.csv only shows aggreggate modifiers, but the numbers are consistent with what is shown in the combat preview.

12. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

The plot thickens. So they must have either forgotten to take out the +14 on the abilities or forgot to update the actual combat number? Would explain the lack of patch notes.

acluewithout likes this.
  13. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Geothermal Fissures no longer disappear when you settle on them. They provide +1 Science to your City Center and count for adjacency bonuses. Probably for the new pantheon, too.

Kjimmet, qadams, Stilgar08 and 3 others like this.
  14. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

It does work with the new pantheon, I tried that.

Stilgar08 likes this.
  15. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Brazil's Amazon ability has a different description than the one on the wiki. I'm not sure when it changed.

"Rainforest tiles provide +1 adjacency bonus for Campus, Commercial Hub, Holy Site, and Theater Square districts. Rainforest tiles provide +1 Housing for Neighborhoods built adjacent to them."

I don't know if the +2 appeal from Rainforest tiles still works.

Is this a recent change?

16. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

I have noticed two things since I decided to see if the June patch made the game more playable for me.
    In the advanced start options:
    #1: There is an option to choose city states.
    #2: There is an option to eliminate coastal flooding.
    My question are these undocumented changes, where they there previously, or is it one of the mods I use?
    As it stands the no flood option solves the main game killing (for me) micro management issues I had with GS and Climate Change.

17. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

These definitely aren't in my unmodded game (I'm looking at the screen now,) so you must have them due to mods.

18. smvalentine

smvalentine Warlord Supporter

Patch notes mention that Nuclear Submarine no longer requires Uranium per turn, but it appears it requires no Uranium (or other Strategic Resource) to build either.

19. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Anyone know what's up with Brazil? Did their Amazon ability change, or has it been this way for a while?

20. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

Thanks, had skimmed through the patch notes for both GS patches and descriptions of the mods I'm using and found no mention in any of them.