[GS] June 2019 Patch: Undocumented Changes

acluewithout

Deity
Please note any changes not described in the Patch Notes.

Out of interest. Has there been any unit rebalancing? The videos had suggested Pike & Shot has been buffed, and maybe Anti-Cav more generally?

Any changes to other policy cards?

Why are we discussing a year old patch :crazyeye:

Mercantile CS 3 and 6 envoy boost now is split between Marketplace and Lighthouse, and Bank and Shipyard respectively, giving +2 gold each.

It was +4 just for the CH buildings before, or am I delusional?
If this has actually been changed, a nice boost for harbours.

Mercantile CS 3 and 6 envoy boost now is split between Marketplace and Lighthouse, and Bank and Shipyard respectively, giving +2 gold each.

It was +4 just for the CH buildings before, or am I delusional?
If this has actually been changed, a nice boost for harbours.

It was already in the game, they changed it with GS.

Edit: Now that you mention it, it WAS +4 gold to markets/banks in R&F, so unless you have both a CH and a harbor, it was actually a nerf.

Treshold for Dark age when starting the game is 11. Didnt it use to be 12?

I did a quick test game on settler yesterday. I noticed that my missionaries had a lot more charges than before (I think it was 6 charges, because I had used three when I noticed the missionary was still around and had 3 charges left).

Didn't see any changes regarding this in the patch notes so I was surprised.

I did a quick test game on settler yesterday. I noticed that my missionaries had a lot more charges than before (I think it was 6 charges, because I had used three when I noticed the missionary was still around and had 3 charges left).

Didn't see any changes regarding this in the patch notes so I was surprised.

Were you playing India by any chance? Also, mosques, Hagia Sophia, and Golden Age dedication give extra charges.

barbarian approach icon is different.

And new barbarian camps can be identified on the map by clicking the notification button. I believe this is in the patch notes that it will display close barbarian camps.

I haven't had a chance to fire up a game yet, but THIS is the thread I was waiting for =)

I had a UI issue (I might call it a bug) where I met a new civ at the same time as finding a natural wonder. The leader screen came up and introduced itself, but then nothing seemed to happen when I tried to make any offers. I closed the leader screen, the wonder video played, and game kicked me right back to the leader and let me proceed as normal.

Yeah, I didn't realize what was going on (didn't see the wonder) and thought the game froze. Don't remember it happening before so must be either lucky or forgetful.

Treshold for Dark age when starting the game is 11. Didnt it use to be 12?

Right now it seems to be 14 and 28, but during ancient is has -3 for balance.

I had a UI issue (I might call it a bug) where I met a new civ at the same time as finding a natural wonder. The leader screen came up and introduced itself, but then nothing seemed to happen when I tried to make any offers. I closed the leader screen, the wonder video played, and game kicked me right back to the leader and let me proceed as normal.
That's an old bug. When a leader animation tries to play while a movie (wonder complete, natural wonder discovered) tries to play, the leader interaction can't be interacted. Not new.

Have AI wonder preferences changed? The game I tried last night, the same time the AI really didn't seem to be building wonders... They didn't even build stonehenge for ages as it was available for construction for a long time... Was that just a quirky game, or has something changed...

Top Bottom