[GS] June 2019 patch - what affects existing games?

slowcar

King
I am wondering what the changes mean for existing games.
I am playing PBC/PBEM, which means the game will most likely run for quite some time, and it would be nice to know exactly what ruleset is used.

So far i have seen that my established pantheon (earth goddess) was NOT changed.

One theory would be that running games are not affected, but the last patch increased city wall hp in between turns, one turn i was about to conquer the city, the next it was back to half fortifications.

Another would be that newly aquired pantheons, constructed units or districts etc would follow the new rule set. But would a pre-patch battering ram still work against medieval walls and a newly aquired would not?

Any experiences?

I didn't notice the game patching, tbh. I'd just loaded Steam and then went off to make some coffee, and didn't see the little patch activity thing on the taskbar.
The main thing I noticed in my current game was that the notifications are a lot tidier, up under the leader heads. I didn't really look into it much further than that, as I wanted to try out the "Small Continents" map generation script, which is ... messy.

I would say that any unit HP, price, attack / def values - anything declared in the units xml files - would all change. Indonesia changed colour. Anything that's loaded in prior to the game start would have values taken from the most recent iteration of the definition files.

I would say that any unit HP, price, attack / def values - anything declared in the units xml files - would all change. Indonesia changed colour. Anything that's loaded in prior to the game start would have values taken from the most recent iteration of the definition files.
That is a decent theory.

Is the adjacency bonus for districts defined in the xml or not would be the follow up question, then.
Or is the usage of a battering ram for cavalry type class defined in xml or not. Or the rams ability to attack medieval/renaissance walls.

Last edited:
Is the adjacency bonus for districts defined in the xml or not would be the follow up question, then.
Adjacencies are updated.
In my save pre-patch, I had IZ in Rome with 4 adjacency, owing it to Government Plaza, 2 mines, City Centre and Bath.
I loaded the same save post-patch to find my IZ now having 5 adjacency, as it should be under the new rules.

Some players in the German forum reported that they had a pantheon with a new effect when they chose one (in our running game, they got the free settler, all others already had a pantheon...).
In another game a player had chosen goddess of the harvest, he now has no pantheon at all and cannot choose a new one.
My current guess would be that somehow earth goddess is bugged and remains in its old state somehow, but everything else is adjusted.

Well, i just founded a new city with earth goddess, and it gets +2 faith from breathtaking fields. At the same time my two existing cities get +1 from charming or better (the old effect). Really strange!

Top Bottom