June 22nd Real life protest at Firaxis office

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think day laborers and your hypothetical co-protesters are going to hang around after being asked to leave by security? Wow.

News flash - mallcops aka "security" are not real police (with certain exceptions like when they've been deputized on government land) and cant do anything except call the police themselves unless you choose to listen to them. Thats even assuming this office has more than 1. Real police would require Fixaxis to request the removal and I doubt it will ever get to the point where Firaxis asks the police to charge 20 people with criminal trespass. Then the county prosecutor would need to be willing to pursue the charge and the costs associated with it. Thats the power of a peaceful protest...as long as the protest remains peacful and benign its usually more trouble than its worth to try and get rid of them. For a non emergency call the police might take an hour or more to get there and I'm sure after several hours well all be ready to go home anyway..those daylabors are hourly heh. The only time anyone gets charged during a protest is when its drug or government related and the prosecutor wants to make an example of someone.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Especially when its feeding you :):):):)

Moderator Action: don't use inappropriate language that trips the auto-censor

In checking, it appears that Firaxis has moved here since i last visited them.

News flash - mallcops aka "security" are not real police (with certain exceptions like when they've been deputized on government land) and cant do anything except call the police themselves unless you choose to listen to them. Thats even assuming this office has more than 1. Real police would require Fixaxis to request the removal and I doubt it will ever get to the point where Firaxis asks the police to charge 20 people with criminal trespass. Thats the power of a peaceful protest...as long as the protest remains peacful and benign its usually more trouble than its worth to try and get rid of them. For a non emergency call the police might take an hour or more to get there and I'm sure after several hours well all be ready to go home anyway..those daylabors are hourly heh.

You are living in a fantasy world.

If you have a protest on public property (say, the sidewalk), yeah, nothing will happen to you. If you try to invade a business, police will arrive very quickly and will arrest you for trespassing if you don't leave. It is then up to the state to decide whether they want to prosecute you or not...although of course they will listen to Firaxis's opinion on the matter.

It's also not the case that you can ignore security guards; in most states they have the power to detain you (even in handcuffs) for a certain number of hours until police arrive. And of course many security guards are off duty police with full arrest powers anyway.

Think about it - when was the last time you saw a protest *inside* a mall?

Mall cops have the power of the citizen's arrest, so do you

and cant do anything except call the police themselves
True, but day laborers don't want to be anywhere nearby when the actual police show up.
How many of them do you think are undocumented?

Its not worth risking getting deported for $10.

Another FYI: A "peaceful protest" doesn't work when you only have 1 to 10 people (Which is unlikely because no hired help will risk getting in legal trouble). A couple of people are easy to remove/deal with. If you had 100-500 people, then that would be different (But you would also be very likely that you would get prosecuted).

Unless you have some facts behind your claims I would appreciate you not terrorizing potential protesters. Thanks

Unless you have some facts behind your claims I would appreciate you not terrorizing potential protesters. Thanks

Unless you have some facts behind *your* claims I would appreciate you not misinforming people about the legal consequences of intentional trespassing (refusing to leave won't help you either).

Is this still going to happen? Please tell me this is still going to happen.

Firaxis, you will pay!

The Fantastic 4 are on their way!

I think there are bigger things to worry about in the world than what some crazy Firaxian is dreaming about in his office cubicle. I now see that my own posts complaining about the Ottoman thing were possibly taking valuable time away from Firaxis and 2K that could have been better spent on development of Civ 5!

I pushed the whole America Ottoman thing a bit myself, because it's like saying Italians don't know how to make speghetti, or that the French don't know how to protect their borders. It's just crazy!

Well, at least where I live its the 22nd. The protest day is here. As Q would say "The place is set, the orchestra engaged; now let us see if you can dance!" (You have officialy graduated to Nerd-dom when you know where the quote is from and can hear it in John de Lancie's voice.) To start such a momentus moment off I feel it should be given the proper atmosphere. As such I am obligated to do five things.
1. Post part of O Fortuna:
O Fortuna said:
Fate, in health
and in virtue,
is now against me
driven on
and weighted down,
always enslaved.
So at this hour
without delay
pluck the vibrating string;
since through Fate
strikes down the strong,
everyone weep with me!

2. Link to clip of O Fortuna:

Link to video.

3. Quote Dies Irae in totality.
Dies Irae said:
Spoiler Spoildered due to length :

Day of wrath! O day of mourning!
See fulfilled the prophets' warning,
Heaven and earth in ashes burning!

Oh, what fear man's bosom rendeth,
when from heaven the Judge descendeth,
on whose sentence all dependeth.

Wondrous sound the trumpet flingeth;
through earth's sepulchers it ringeth;
all before the throne it bringeth.

Death is struck, and nature quaking,
all creation is awaking,
to its Judge an answer making.

Lo! the book, exactly worded,
wherein all hath been recorded:
thence shall judgment be awarded.

When the Judge his seat attaineth,
and each hidden deed arraigneth,
nothing unavenged remaineth.

What shall I, frail man, be pleading?
Who for me be interceding,
when the just are mercy needing?

King of Majesty tremendous,
who dost free salvation send us,
Fount of pity, then befriend us!

Think, good Jesus, my salvation
cost thy wondrous Incarnation;
leave me not to reprobation!

Faint and weary, thou hast sought me,
on the cross of suffering bought me.
shall such grace be vainly brought me?

Righteous Judge! for sin's pollution
grant thy gift of absolution,
ere the day of retribution.

Guilty, now I pour my moaning,
all my shame with anguish owning;
spare, O God, thy suppliant groaning!

Thou the sinful woman savedst;
thou the dying thief forgavest;
and to me a hope vouchsafest.

Worthless are my prayers and sighing,
yet, good Lord, in grace complying,
rescue me from fires undying!

With thy favored sheep O place me;
nor among the goats abase me;
but to thy right hand upraise me.

While the wicked are confounded,
doomed to flames of woe unbounded
call me with thy saints surrounded.

Low I kneel, with heart submission,
see, like ashes, my contrition;
help me in my last condition.

Ah! that day of tears and mourning!
From the dust of earth returning
man for judgment must prepare him;
Spare, O God, in mercy spare him!

4. Link to clip of Verdi's Dies Irae:

Link to video.

5. End it with a suitably apocalyptic passage:
Revelation of St. John the Divine said:
And lo, upon the breaking of the sixth seal, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became as black as a sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood, and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth.

Disclaimer: I'm not all that religous. I just feel that as the day of the momentus protest is upon us, I felt I should give it the proper atmosphere as befitting such an event.
However, Evrett37, if you are religous, perhaps you should pray to St. Jude.

TWO HOURS LEFT!!!! (10:27pm 21st here) Ohh, I'm giddy as a school girl. :D Can't wait for the failure to begin! :popcorn: Make sure to post details about your protest here! Oh, don't forget pics!!!!

I pushed the whole America Ottoman thing a bit myself, because it's like saying Italians don't know how to make speghetti
Some of us don't ;)

(and it's Spaghetti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom