1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Jury vote: The People of the State of Yasutan vs. Joe Harker

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by Lockesdonkey, Jul 27, 2007.

?

In the matter of the People vs. Joe Harker, how do you find?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2007.
  1. Innocent

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Guilty

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Definitive? No only when the Chief Justice has ruled as well and concluded this trial. However the court does decide by simple majority if you want to know this.
    Edit: ...and of course there is always the chance of divine intervention that prevents the Chief Justice to conclude this trial this term - so that the next court has to rule :evil:

2. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Ori, that was the worst judicial decison I have ever seen. The game play scheduling initiative clearly states (as you quote) that the date and time of the initiative must be announced. To claim this does not mean the exact time is foolish and makes a mockery of the democracy game laws and judiciary.

3. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

The question here really is whether monday night is ok or not - but that will probably remain disputed between us.
    I do believe that this Initiative demands an earliest time the save will be played. Since I don't think you want to mandate an online session - I understand that you would have wanted something like say 1300 GMT and if he then posted the save 4 hours later and said he now completed the session you would be ok (I think - but I am a terrible mind reader).
    For the dispute: he did say Monday - so the date was definitely clear enough. He did say "night" which is what we are arguing about - I feel that this has been acceptable within the Initiative but I don't think we will agree on this.

4. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

Since it's already decided, I will simply join ori's decision; I was uncertain about what to do and expecting to weigh essentially the equivalent of closing arguments. Having essentially heard a confession of judgment on the part of the State of Yasutan, I rule that Joe Harker is not guilty, and wash my hands of this matter.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

This is why I asked the question of whether we really wanted the Judiciary to give a ruling. The reason we make trial, sentencing, and election polls private is to let people vote their conscience without fear of ridicule.

6. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

I'm glad the Supreme Court doesn't offer a way to appeal a court decision.

7. robboo

robboo Deity

I cant wait for Joe's counter suit for slander and damages.....

/joking

8. donsig

Ridicule? Disgust is more like it.

Now, you stick up for private polls. :rolleyes:

BTW, who wrote the judicial procedures that called for the judiciary to rule in a tie anyway? :rolleyes: :wallbash:

9. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Ridicule are only for those on the outside of the "Brotherhood" it seems.

10. DaveShack

Move over, I'd like to :wallbash: too.

Honestly, I didn't even know it was in the procedures until someone else pointed it out. Is it a fair assumption you won't object to removing it from this term's procedures?

11. donsig

I would be happy to help you dispose of that and any other procedures that need cleaning up. :D

If we have the time I think it would also be beneficial to get our laws (initiatives) organized into one place. I couldn't find a CoL anywhere and had to dig through old polls to see what was an initiative that passed and what wasn't. :crazyeye: This may not be the judiciary's job but if no one else is doing it...

12. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I'm looking forward to this term and am very interested in the work you all do. :)

13. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I don't care if you don't like the way i ruled, i didn't get involved in your silly poll debates i only cared at all because joe harker was accused and it was my job to defend him.
    Did you really expect the public defend to find him guilty? Maybe you would have but not me.

14. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

there wont be any work for them, the only person petty enough to bring a case like this is the new public defender.

15. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

" Roma loquit, causa finita"

The People and the Court had spoken, the case is over.

Best regards,

16. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Rome has spoken - case over.

17. DaveShack

Moderator Action: Case closed, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.