King of the World #14: Earth18

, or just make unreasonable demands to everyone so they all hate Qin as well...

Since the AI's average the attitude, that's a possible method of sabotage. That will make everyone no more then Cautious with China.

Given the way things are going in game, the only AI crazy enough to DOW China without being via backstab is Monty, so I strongly doubt that pissing people vs china via japan will be of great help. But anyway, nothing that neal can realistically make with japan will be of great help :p

well ... it'll do so he'll later on have an easier time to throw friendlies into his war with Qin (with Frederik or Cathy)

Set the Espionage Slider to 100%.
Rebuild the Palace (if possible) in Kagoshima within the turnset.
Send three or four Spies to Xian (or Tianjin if the Palace shift occurs).
Build Courthouses + Jails + Security Bureaus + Intelligence Agencies.
Set Qin to max EP assignment (1 vs 0)
Steal techs ad infinitum.

Poison Water ad infinitum.

Fixed that for ya ;)

IMO Japan can't be helped much, I think you should primarily aim to poke China with as sharp of a stick you can manage to get your hands on, and as a secondary objective settle as many islands as you can.

Steal techs ad infinitum.

Wait, I thought vassals cannot use espionage on the master

Yea but he sabotaged Japan by invading as China :p

Which for Qin was the best move.

The whole point of this wasn't to set up a win at the end, it was to take whatever situation was given and help it out as much as possible.

In the end, Neal will win, Neal will lose, and hopefully at the end we have a big world war with 6 Neals on each side fighting it out.

Which for Qin was the best move.

The whole point of this wasn't to set up a win at the end, it was to take whatever situation was given and help it out as much as possible.

In the end, Neal will win, Neal will lose, and hopefully at the end we have a big world war with 6 Neals on each side fighting it out.

My view exactly!

If a civ has a legitimate chance for a win (like Monty) I say help set him up but a civ like Khan was already doomed to failure and could be played for fun. Japan has lost the game no matter what Neal does. I don't think we should target a specific empire, like China, unless there would be some fun in it not as a set up for another Neal civ switch. Espionage 100%, sure but lets steal techs or do something with it not just pick up our ball and go home.

Neal prowled about the Palace at Satsuma like a jungle cat. Japan may be down, but it was far from out. Neal had reduced the proud Japanese people to ruin, but he would see them rise from the ashes. Surely Tokugawa had used the centuries wisely, and had a hidden empire lurking in the underbrush, just waiting to be sprung upon the world. He called together his advisors. They were busy sunning themselves on the beach. Never a good sign, but the King of the World was determined to do the best he could with what he had. "First off," he asked the assembled nobles, "Why are we building a Frigate in Kagoshima?"

"Because Frigates are invaluable for both defense and predation of shipping lanes, sir!" piped up one enterprising young scribe. "With 15-20 Frigates, we can rule the waves. All shipping worldwide will be done by our leave."

Neal rubbed his temples as an Arabian Destroyer, which could sink half that force on its own, steamed past the island. "And how long, by your calculations, will this force take to assemble?"

"80-100 turns, sir," the advisor answered brightly.

"And the population on Kagoshima... why is it stagnant? Are the people not making use of the Lighthouse?"

"There is no Lighthouse, sir. That would only interrupt our Frigate-building program."

Neal slumped, defeated. "Screw it. I'm done." He walked down to the beach, stripping off robes as he went. When he was down to his skivvies, he plopped down on a chair and pointedly put his hands behind his head. "Get me a Mai Tai."

This was not, of course, to say that Neal was a totally lax ruler. He did what he could to make his peoples' lives better:

Without really rocking the boat.

With the yet-to-be-universal secrets of Electricity in hand, he made a few trades:

Qin was just going to demand it in tribute in a few turns, anyway. May as well get something useful for it. Not that Railroads were a game-changer without Coal or Oil to fuel them...

But it was painfully obvious from the attitudes of the Chinese "diplomats" throwing their weight around the Palace that Neal was better off just staying out of the Imperial Government's way. Neal slashed his military spending as Qin Shi Huang sailed off to extend his rule:

And the overlord continued to cancel and restore his gifts, just as he had with the Mali. Neal briefly considered arguing, but finally decided that it wasn't worth the effort and returned to his beachfront daquiris. Thankfully, Neal's bitter, drunken stupor made him indistinguishable from the real Tokugawa (except maybe for the better tan), so his presence as King of the World remained a closely guarded secret.

Of course, the people of Satsuma and Kagoshima, for whom Japanese citizenship wasn't a temporary inconvenience, were significantly less laconic about the whole situation:

Just what does "AAAARRRRGGHH!" mean, anyway? Are they pirates? That would be pretty cool, and would certainly explain their surliness.

Even the gods frowned upon the misbegotten Japanese, raining fire and ash upon the Satsuma islanders from a massive volcano:

Not that our Workers had a heck of a lot to do, anyway...

As the Plantations and Mines were dutifully rebuilt, Frederick completed Rock And Roll and the Eiffel Tower (which, together, mean that he should be a beast when we take him over) and...

We declared war on India!

Seeking to make Japan a worthy battle-thrall, Qin offered us the latest in military technology:

But nevertheless did most of the fighting himself. Obviously.

We were bequeathed a similarly valuable gift in Combustion, when it was announced just how far behind we were:

Well, now, that's interesting. I wonder if we'll have time to complete a spaceship as the Germans... Probably not, but it's worth debating.

Our Galleon full of Riflemen and Grenadiers wasn't of much use against India's Australian colonies:

But China did what China does against the subcontinent proper:

Which is to say, Qin ate Asoka's cornflakes. After a few brief years, the peace- (and "Incense")-loving Indians joined us as thralls of Overlord Qin Shi Huang.

The highlight of our day, meanwhile, was spawning a Great Engineer which we got to settle in Kagoshima:

*Sigh*

As Arabia ("Asia's other tyrannical expansionist empire") declared war on the Aztecs ("America's only tyrannical expansionist empire"), the diplomacy screen got rather complicated:

And things got even more complicated when our Chinese bloc declared a war of assimilation on Persia.

Enough of the view from the sidelines! His enforced vacation finally over, Neal was ready to roll up his sleeves and get back into the action as the efficient, dominant Germans:

How Caesar managed to snake back Paris, and nab Stuttgart besides, is beyond me, but Frederick is, nevertheless, strong.

He is technologically advanced:

And has the production capacity to do some damage. So, should we go all-out to try to put a spaceship in the air? Build an army and try to ruin Catherine's or Qin's day? Or just make Germany as powerful as we can before moving on? I'm away from my home computer, so I don't have a save, but it'll be forthcoming.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Wait, what? Madrid is the capital of England? Seems like Lizzy has been productive in your absence...

You arrived just in time to save Berlin from mass unhealthiness btw :)

Great game so far Neal, I for one would like to see some heads role and even more violence in Europe, myabe you could start a war against Cathy, get her on the ropes... and then switch over to cathy and fight back!

Anyway to answer your pirate related question, i've seen the "AAAAARGH" before and believe that its from a random event (something about a mad philosopher (pirate philosopher?), he may have been one of those settled Scientists).

Anyway good luck.

So, should we go all-out to try to put a spaceship in the air? Build an army and try to ruin Catherine's or Qin's day?

I'd do some anti-Qin actions.

looking like you have Cristno very soon (4 turns) so you've practially have three traits for most of the session ...

i'd suggest expanding west first so you have your rear clear

Top Bottom