1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

King of the World #19: Qin Shi Huang

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Neal, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Archredbeard

Archredbeard Warlord

as always, great game Neal, thanks.
    Looking forward to next ;)

2. Bigv32

Bigv32 Prince

Hate to sound like a happy little kid days before Christmas, but what is the next round going to be? I think there is a mod that randomly places civs on the Earth map. Could be interesting to see how things would play out if some randomness was thrown in.

I believe this would work. I have not played it myself, but I have heard some good things about it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315047

3. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

historicity of locatality is important I think to this series, randomly throwing civs willy nilly across the map I would not favour.

Just a suggestion on the next map, how about playing Babylon for the challenge of being surrounded by hostile powers (one of whom has an archery destroying unique unit). I would put in the ancient/classical civs (consider all the pre-columbian american civs in that category) + Arabia, Mongols, Mali, Vikings, Khmer, Ethiopia, Japan, Korea and Zululand in such a game. Naturally of course Sumeria would be excluded as it occupies the same territory, and historically Babylon is the successor civ of Old Sumeria.

4. Sicky

Sicky Chieftain

Add in Persia for the UU with an advantage over archery units

EDIT: And of course Rome

5. LuCiver

LuCiver Warlord

Another great romp! We all really appreciate the spectacle of a Conquest victory.

I like Greece next. How about a challenge to take the land that the real Alexander conquered with the same units (ie in the era of the phalanx)? Let's see if you can hold onto it once you have it!

6. kossin

kossin Deity

Take a non-time consuming alternative for #20... if you keep going on the big ones you'll tire fast.

Reward yourself once in a while :)

7. Jaaboo

Jaaboo Prince

Could always retry the Ice Age game but without raging barbarians. I also like Alexander taking over the entire world. You've made many a comment about Alexander's poor performance on the Earth 18 map, why don't you show the young lad how its done?

8. Coffee Mug

Coffee Mug Chieftain

Every variant has some potential. You've mentioned the Earth 1000 A.D scenario in the past; that would definitely be fun.

9. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

both those civs are ancient/classical ;)

10. Sicky

Sicky Chieftain

Bah, I misread your post :p

11. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

I suggest you play a map the civs more evenly distributed.
    France in Spain, Spain in Poland, England in Australia, Rome in Northern Africa, Egypt in Zululand should do.

12. dalamb

dalamb Deity

If you want to spread out the civilizations, I think there are better ways to do it
    1. Remove Louis and add Ragnar in Scandinavia for a bit more pressure on Russia
    2. Add Zulus in South Africa; delete one more European AI such as Alexander.
    3. If you delete Alexander swap Arabia for the Ottomans -- better pressure on Russia.
    4. Remove Rome and add Carthage or another Americas civilization (maybe Sitting Bull to constrain Monty a bit).
    5. Remove Spain and add Korea or the Khmer in east Asia.

13. Bigv32

Bigv32 Prince

I believe if youdo all this, the only mainland European country left is germany.

14. dalamb

dalamb Deity

Yes. Is that bad? Germany and possibly Cartage have some reasonable land into which to expand.

15. Bigv32

Bigv32 Prince

Well Europe has such great land, any civ that has access to all of it will do very well. It may actually make the game more unfair than before lol. I would say leave germany and spain. That way, there is some competition there.

Its not necessarily bad, but it just depends on how the AI does lol.

16. Ninja2

Ninja2 Great Engineer

Thanks for playing this, and gratz on finishing it! Appreciated by us who don't have time to play the game anymore! :)