KoS6 - Miss World Pageant: "And World Peace"

Here we go!

And our :crazyeye: start! :crazyeye:

:lol:

Ok... can we pasture on top of forests? [the answer is sadly no].

Attachments

• KOS6AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    32.1 KB · Views: 67
Yeah that map script is big into tundra pigs... am sure there's some really awful pun involved there but not going to try and figure it out:D.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
-Liquidated

Ugh... I guess there's nothing better than settling in place on this map, if we go wandering about with the settler it may only get worse.

We start with fishing and mining, right? How about worker+BW first (could come in at about the same time) to start cleaning the forests from the pigs while teching towards AH. The chops could actually go into a quick first settler.

lurker's comment:

Just want to say I love the theme, and I'll be following this one closely. And 'yep' a couple of Tundra Pigs in a Miss World Pageant leaves a lot of scope... ;)

Best of luck y'all! :)

I would consider moving the settler here.

Not sure how much luck we can get with that but certainly can't be much worse :(

Glad the theme is attracting lurkers though!

I would consider moving the settler here.
Where would you even move it? It's forest/jungle in each direction, we'll lose quite a few turns.

I'm really not sure how to play this... How about:
Tech BW - Agri, or maybe Hunt (depending on resources around) - AH. How long does that take?
Build worker - chop one pig - chop other pig
Grow building warrior (work pig forest while available, lake after to speed up research)
Chops into settler, for the IMP bonus
Once pop 2, whip settler (should be done Turn 29), and go find a better city spot.
Then grow on pig pastures eventually.

Try roaming :)

Other option is to go warrior first (working the lake to accelerate tech) then worker at size 2... don't like it much we don`t have much to do with an earlier worker.

A word of caution about crazy resource distribution - it means there are 8 resource types that are NOT ON THIS MAP. It also means 4 resource types pop-up with extra high frequency (pigs?).

I'd settle in place I guess. Double pigs isn't a bad start, although they're ... 5 food tiles with a pasture?

Let's at least move the settler 1W, on the odd chance that there's seafood 3W. We don't give up anything (ice, desert hill and desert jungle :lol:) We can go back T1, if really needed.

Working the lake as much as possible early is best, you're right about that. We need AH+BW before we can do much of anything here.

Sad to say, I can't play until Saturday so if anyone feels like swapping with me for the first round, feel free to!

I'd move the warrior SE first to get a view of the land.

Top Bottom