[Large] The Thing 2: Who Goes There?

No problem. I'll just replace you with an NPC.

Dr.Leo Spaceman peaked out of the dark shead he had been exploring. The long polar night reigned still over the silence of the base. The Southern Lights falsly illuminated the sky, giving an impression of dawn, a hope which was rapidly dashed by the southern stars. The whine of base machenery calmed the old engineer's nerves. He had been in a similar situation before, facing an unknown foe in a creepy labyrinth, isolated from reality. As a result, several precious relics fell into the hands of some divinity. DOOM had not called him up, which was just as well. He was good at finding wierdness elsewhere.

Suddenly he heard a noise. bump... bump.... pulling out his flashlight and rifle he looked around. "Halt! Who goes there?". bump.... bump.... Putting his back to the wall so as to not be caught by surprise, the door to his right to give himself somewhere to flee, he pointed the flashlight into the darkness. bump... bump... A plump rat entered the view of the light beem and was rapidly dispatched by the trigger-happy engineer. The gunshots rang out across the silent base. Somewhere a dog barked. Another responded with a mournful howl. The noise stopped. An almost unbearable silence replaced the bumping. The noise of machenery restarted and spaceman leaned exhausted against the wall. "Machines understand me. I can understand them.... their my friends... the only thing I can trust..." He muttered audibly.

Perhaps it was another rodent, perhaps it was a penguin, or someone else investigating the same shead, or perhaps the Dymaxion sleep pattern he had been using for the last few years was getting to him, but somewhere far off, spaceman still heard the faint noise.... bump... bump.... bump....

:bump:

:agree:

:agree:

Man, I suck at updates. One's coming, er...soonish.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER :p
Sorry someone had to do it, and i decided to :p

People in the base wandered worriedly around the darkend lobby.
"Where's the base leader?"
"Shouldn't it be mourning by now?"
"Who turned off the sun?"
"Should we open quarantine?"
"Yes, let me out! There's RATS in here!"

Spaceman stood silent against the wall, gun in hand. Standing agianst walls may seem like a strange tactic, but it means that you won't be surprised. Anything that comes will come in front of you. And whether its Cthulu, tomb spirits, weeping angels, or a "Thing", its best to know whats comming. That much history had taught him painfully enough. The noise, and the suspicous absence of the base master bothered Dr.Leo, stuff doesn't just dissapear. Something causes disaperances... something that can dissapear you too. But nothing happened. The noise had stopped, and, seeing that there where enough people in the lobby now that any disturbance would be quickly noted, he went to get coffe.

"Good... er... Mourning, I suppose"
"I hope you slept well?" responded the lady at the coffe table
"Sleep? huh? I vaguely remember that... something from my childhood... Besides, there's no such thing as sleep deprivation, only caffein defficiency!"

bump.

The bumping will continue until moral imporves! (even though if I had to write the update I probably would not have time to :p)

go go go!

Top Bottom