Largest City You've Had?

BadHorsie

Prince
Is there a maximum city population size, and what is the largest you've had? I think my most is around the 29 mark.

There's no max. I've had cities in the 30s but we've had threads like this before and one guy boasted of a city of over 40, so we've a long way to go.

My biggest city was over 50, but it was world-builded. It would have grown bigger, but I accidentally deleted it... It could have grown to 93.

There must be a max, no? Even a city with unlimited health and all farms maxed out through biology would have a limit to growth. If a city is producing 100 food a turn with no health issues that would make fifty population. 21 squares times 7 food a square (which is the max) I think, would be 147/2=73 poulation. I dont think this is possible without cheating or researching futretech 100. Talk about crowding issues.

a floodplain grassland tile with rice (for example) with biology brings 9 food. that makes 20*9+6 (citytile with foodresource but without farm) that makes 186:2=93. Your empire should make so much science that u get one futuretech per turn to avoid unhealthiness. (and let it grow from about 20 pop)

Hehehe said:
a floodplain grassland tile with rice (for example) with biology brings 9 food. that makes 20*9+6 (citytile with foodresource but without farm) that makes 186:2=93. Your empire should make so much science that u get one futuretech per turn to avoid unhealthiness. (and let it grow from about 20 pop)

But rice is the worst food resource, offering only +1 food with farm. Why not corn or wheat, to get a population of (20*10 + 3)/2 = 101. (If I recall correctly, the most food a city tile can produce is only 3, when it is placed on grassland with the best food source... but if it's really 6, then of course the pop max would be 103).

you cannot have a food source and a flood plain. The flood plain itself is considered a resource (not a terrain feature like hills or trees) and the game only places one resource per tile.

There's no theoretical limit to city size since great merchants give +1 food when merged into a city, so you could in theory have an infinte amount of food in a city. In practice you aren't going to get that many great merchants, so cities can't get much above size 55-60.

The largest city I've ever built was size 38.

is there anything more pathetic than men comparing size? :)

For Your Information

Obviously, this was not generated through normal means ;)

I'll try leaving it on automatic and see what happens when you have a population for a city in the millions of numbers! :eek:

emills said:
you cannot have a food source and a flood plain. The flood plain itself is considered a resource (not a terrain feature like hills or trees) and the game only places one resource per tile.
A few games ago, I captured an AI city which had a tile which was grass/floodplain and also had Silver on it. Must have been just a momentary glitch, because that's the only time I've seen such a thing. Now why won't the dratted program glitch me a grass/floodplain/wheat tile in my capital ? Even an ordinary grass/floodplain would be a pleasant surprise.

Top Bottom