Last minute plea to devs before April patch

Gargysha

Chieftain
Please, check out the recent threads that deal with the change to city combat strength and walls, siege units and increasing the 1UPT to 2 or 3UPT, and apply some of the proposed changes to this April patch, so we can finally have some interesting combat. Bring back AI's capability to threaten us in the war, it's a major detraction from the game for so many people I know that would play and buy it.
Thank you in advance!

Please, check out the recent threads that deal with the change to city combat strength and walls, siege units and increasing the 1UPT to 2 or 3UPT, and apply some of the proposed changes to this April patch, so we can finally have some interesting combat. Bring back AI's capability to threaten us in the war, it's a major detraction from the game for so many people I know that would play and buy it.
Thank you in advance!

Bless your heart

How about...FIX the blessed launcher...I can hardly play 45 minutes without the game "waiting"...forever!

How about...FIX the blessed launcher...I can hardly play 45 minutes without the game "waiting"...forever!
There is a way to move around the launcher. Try @Aristos' method.

There are mods for most of the suggested changes, check out ARS improved movement for 3 UPT (melee+ranged/siege+cav), radiant stronger cities let’s you adjust all city combat and wall stats, though it’s a little tricky. And change pseudoyield_city_base in game files from 400 to 1500 and they will attack you often enough.

If the AI chooses to attack, and if they can capture cities in a few hits (I give them +25 CS and halve wall HP), they’ll usually gang up on the game’s weaker players. Slow the game down with a pacing mod and it gets pretty dangerous to invest in districts early on.

Now if dramatic ages didn’t erase UI... It can already be modded into something pretty fun and abusive to the player that helps dominant AI snowball. But removing UI every time a city flips just interferes too much with too many civs, especially China, Inca, Indonesia who can invest so heavily in them. I haven’t seen if anyone has found a way to give the free cities player access to all UI, and if that would resolve the issue, assuming cities were flipped/taken back. An old mod, “Conquer UI” or something sounded promising, but folks have reported dramatic ages still removes them.

Please dont.

We dont need impactful changes like units per tile changed this late in the games life. Like it or not everything else is balanced on 1upt.

Walls are fine. Walls should be formidable to same era units. People just cant steamroll neighbors now so walls are too power.

Siege does need a rework, and perhaps they could stack with other units. But asking now is pointless, because any change takes MONTHS for firaxis. They also have absolutely zero ability to hotfix anything, which is ridiculous.

Thank you in advance!
don't waste your breath. chances of this happening is 0%. There is more chance of me becoming overlord of the world than this happening in April patch.

Now if dramatic ages didn’t erase UI... It can already be modded into something pretty fun and abusive to the player that helps dominant AI snowball. But removing UI every time a city flips just interferes too much with too many civs, especially China, Inca, Indonesia who can invest so heavily in them. I haven’t seen if anyone has found a way to give the free cities player access to all UI, and if that would resolve the issue, assuming cities were flipped/taken back. An old mod, “Conquer UI” or something sounded promising, but folks have reported dramatic ages still removes them.
I can't read from your post if you're aware or not, or if you are thinking of something else, but there is a mod that makes it so that unique improvements are not removed when you capture a city (and when it flips).

Siege does need a rework, and perhaps they could stack with other units. But asking now is pointless, because any change takes MONTHS for firaxis. They also have absolutely zero ability to hotfix anything, which is ridiculous.
To be fair, it's possible that they will be doing further content, so it's not completely pointless, although I think it's more likely to happen in VII than VI, if it's even going to be implemented at all. Still, even for the best developers in the world, less than a week's notice to make any changes, let alone a massive rework of a major system? If that were possible, let alone likely, I think most games would be significantly better than they are.

To be fair, it's possible that they will be doing further content, so it's not completely pointless, although I think it's more likely to happen in VII than VI, if it's even going to be implemented at all. Still, even for the best developers in the world, less than a week's notice to make any changes, let alone a massive rework of a major system? If that were possible, let alone likely, I think most games would be significantly better than they are.

Well, the idea behind my post is that they probably tinkered with those changes but are reluctant to put them in practice. The main reason for that is probably of marketing/financial nature - they're storing those changes for CIV 7 - but I still have a glimmer of hope for this profit-driven society in general, and game developers specifically, to outgrow themselves. In a way, I'm hoping to encourage them to dare and do that, to bring us that change against all odds and see what happens. I bet it would be good for everyone.
I'm probably too naive, though :)

I believe civ 7 should have 2 units allowed per land tile: one melee/cav/ranged/anti-cav unit; and one siege/support/scout unit. This would let the AI handle siege units better.

Otherwise they could add siege into the counter system, make it vulnerable to melee, resistant to range, and counter walls and ani-cav. Then anti-cav could be buffed.

I believe civ 7 should have 2 units allowed per land tile: one melee/cav/ranged/anti-cav unit; and one siege/support/scout unit. This would let the AI handle siege units better.

Otherwise they could add siege into the counter system, make it vulnerable to melee, resistant to range, and counter walls and ani-cav. Then anti-cav could be buffed.

Yeah, I think a system like that would mesh better. It's weird how battering rams and siege towers count one way, but catapults and trebuchets work by an entirely different mechanism.

Yeah, I think a system like that would mesh better. It's weird how battering rams and siege towers count one way, but catapults and trebuchets work by an entirely different mechanism.

I suspect it comes down to Artillery having an attack of it's own, and Battering Ram/Siege towers modifying the attacks of other units. That said since there is a religious unit layer (and those units have combat strength/make and receive attacks) I don't see why there couldn't be a siege layer. Could even have them flip allegiance rather than be destroyed if caught without a defending military unit. Hmmmm

Top Bottom