Leader appearance by affinity

Rapid flesh regeneration is godlike.

As much as not have to breath, eat, sleep, and be immortal in the sense that if something happen to your body, you just download your mind in another shell

Supremacy is great and all, until someone drops an EMP :lol:

Because dropping a regular nuke is so much harder :lol:
An EMP can have a wider area of effect depending on things like detonation altitude, and preserves infrastructure and environment better for future occupation/habitation.

That said, highly advanced Supremacy stuff would likely be shielded against such pulses.

And no one will be safe from the first faction to come up with predatory nannites... :D

An EMP can have a wider area of effect depending on things like detonation altitude, and preserves infrastructure and environment better for future occupation/habitation.

That said, highly advanced Supremacy stuff would likely be shielded against such pulses.

Nuclear explosions also create a characteristic pulse of electromagnetic radiation called a Nuclear EMP or NEMP. In military terminology, a nuclear warhead detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device with the added radius of the high altitude.
So why exactly would a simple EMP burst be a worse than a nuke for a Supremacy faction?

Indeed, the most effective place to have a nuclear weapon go off for its EMP affect would be in orbit.

The nuke/EMP is a threat to anyone, but let's do a scenario
A city radar detects a incoming nuke, the klaxons of all streets start to go off, the population that is capable of reach the bunkers lock themselves and brace for the worse, the warhead hits the heart of city, the area around is devasted, the electrical systems destroyed, and radiation spreads in a big radius.
Then as a Purity or Harmony, the survivors have to worry about radiation levels, food stocks, water, air filtration, where to flee to avoid the bunker don't turn into a tumb.
As a Supremacy, my sensors indicate that nuclear bombardment has ceased, let's regroup on surface, calculate damage, systems that can be restored and study radiation effects on the vicinity flora and fauna ;)

So why exactly would a simple EMP burst be a worse than a nuke for a Supremacy faction?
As I said, it's not necessarily worse for Supremacists, but better for those who would shut them down and occupy the area afterwards.

Ah, but you're not thinking Supremacy. Flesh is week, Steel is strong.

I'd like a top level Supremacy leader to not have any organic parts left.

Not if you think Battlestar Galactica :) I like me some flesh... ummm... and with reboots to new body, so what if it's more vulnerable than full metal. :)

EDIT: I still stand by my personal decision that this (Cylons like) supremacy would be the one I'd go aboard with. As it stands now, full robotics brains in the jar like supremacy (at least it seems to be the popular interpretation), not for me.

Not if you think Battlestar Galactica :) I like me some flesh... ummm... and with reboots to new body, so what if it's more vulnerable than full metal. :)

EDIT: I still stand by my personal decision that this (Cylons like) supremacy would be the one I'd go aboard with. As it stands now, full robotics brains in the jar like supremacy (at least it seems to be the popular interpretation), not for me.

Based on Koslov's Supremacy look, the truth is likely in between. Think Deus Ex

Top Bottom