[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China Revealed (Coming Jan. 19th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in turn, the industrial theme has, in this part, this one sound I'm not exactly sure how to describe. You know, the sound effect you'd probably associate with glitter or sparkle. Like when a fairy waves a magic wand or something.
That is the sound of wind chimes! It’s very funny how that sound is universally regarded as the sound of sparkling.

1673960813661.png

Zhu Di at Shanghai Disneyland with his family.

Unfortunately I don't have access to photoshop on this laptop, so it falls a bit short of a true masterpiece.

Edit: feel free to turn this into a series. Zhu Di at...
I mean, it's their own fault for not giving us anything else to work with. :p

One thing interesting about these videos is that Chinese theme music matches the era these rulers ruled. E.g Qin's video has ancient era theme. Wu has classical era theme, and Yongle has Renaissance era theme.
Wouldn't Qin be Classical, and Wu Medieval though?

95% chance that's how Sean Bean will read it.
actually, with the leader intros already leaked i can confirm sean bean does not say it like dongle! he says it like "yohng loh" (same vowels as photo) which is pretty dang close. personally id say it should be more like "yohng luh" (same vowels as mocha) but what we got is refreshingly close to a perfect english approximation

Is it bad that I keep reading "Yongle" as rhyming with "dongle" (like a security USB dongle they used to have with Autocad) ?
TBH I know how to read pinyin and I still tend to do the same. :p

I'm not worried but properly it's "yong lay"
Strictly speaking it's /jʊŋlɤ/, or roughly "yoong-luh."

actually, with the leader intros already leaked i can confirm sean bean does not say it like dongle! he says it like "yohng loh" (same vowels as photo) which is pretty dang close. personally id say it should be more like "yohng luh" (same vowels as mocha) but what we got is refreshingly close to a perfect english approximation
Did...did they actually tell him how to pronounce something for once? :eek:

View attachment 651028

Zhu Di at Shanghai Disneyland with his family.

Unfortunately I don't have access to photoshop on this laptop, so it falls a bit short of a true masterpiece.

Edit: feel free to turn this into a series. Zhu Di at...
I mean, it's their own fault for not giving us anything else to work with. :p

I love this! Can I be naughty and offer a small deviation to "at"? :)

I present (with absurdly limited powerpoint skills):

Zhu Di with Judy

1673978238856.png

Did...did they actually tell him how to pronounce something for once? :eek:
oh and i should also mention, since wu zetian's intro leaked too, i can confirm its pronounced by sean bean as "woo zeh-tyen" which is very good also. only minor nitpick i can make is that the "zeh" is closer to "dzuh" but the vowel isnt egregiously off and word-initial dz's and ts's can be awkward for english speakers (think "tsunami"), so thats definitely a very minor nitpick. i think they for sure mustve done some coaching this time around, i dont see how an english speaker could intuit that the "a" in "tian" makes an "eh" sound or that the "e" in "le" makes a kinda "oh"/"uh" sound. very very happy with these pronunciations ^_^

Last edited:
No livestream? That would be odd given the amount of effort they seem to have put into these leaders.
While it's now unlikely we see a livestream tomorrow, there have been a few instances in the past where they did one after a pack release. There's also been several livestreams that were done on Fridays and even a couple on a Saturday IIRC. So, there is still a (small) possibility that they could do one this week or even early next week.

Well, I definitely couldn't have waited until tomorrow to see their "accept trade deal" animation. :rolleyes: That was a lot less than I expected from something called a "leader spotlight."

Well, I definitely couldn't have waited until tomorrow to see their "accept trade deal" animation. :rolleyes: That was a lot less than I expected from something called a "leader spotlight."
I think the theme of this marketing campaign is "underwhelm at every turn". Sort of the opposite of Shock and Awe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom