1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaderhead Database and Request thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by TheLastOne36, Feb 27, 2009.

1. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

Hmmm... looks like you are right... I am just wondering what happened to Refar and Methyl. I haven't read anything from both since a while... Anyways, I'll wait a while till I get the impression that more LH modders have free capacities and repeat my request then...

2. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

I'd take a stab, but I'm busy with my Wild West mod. I hope Ekmek will return once MareNostrum is closer to the finished side of things...

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

On how many mods do you working :D?
    I thought, one is enough work.

4. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

Yeah, well BoH is busted up, so I've halted work. At first I told myself that I would take a break and do some requests, etc. but the idea was so awesome that I had to do it. :D
    I'm a bit frustrated with the change to Colonization, so its going slower than I'd like. I'll have BTS in about a month or so, when I can make BoH for that. Hopefully I can get something workable going for the Western mod, and then round up a team to help me out.

I wonder how it will go though, juggling 2 mods. (Actually I guess I was part of the MareNostrum team, since I make Ekmek some buttons.) So how does three sound for my final answer? :smug: :lol:

5. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Yes, and even then I am extremely busy right now. In fact my plate is so full you can't even see it anymore! I'll try to do what I can but I probably have upwards of fifteen leaderheads on my docket. AND some modules, AND a new mod (which will have two versions) so I am pretty much out of comission for a while.

EDIT: I will say this though. A few months ago I was NOT an LH maker. So I learned to do it. I suggest you guys take a stab at it, its not that hard and it is pretty fun too.

6. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Chieftain

I agree. :yup:

7. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

Well, I already worked on cfkanes Firefly to turn it into Nagy (that's what is in the rar file I posted here). The problem is that I am unable to get the characteristics right. Let's say the eyes for example. For me it is unsatisfiing if there are none characteristics of the leader the LH is supposed to be. Also, I found it frustrating to move around the vertices...

8. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

What I have learned to do is prepare each part one at a time. Once you do that DO NOT attach it to the LH yet. Just put all of the peices in place first and then you can see how it all looks as a final version. This way you can see how things might clip or look funny and alter them appropriately. It makes it easier to alter what you need to alter ahead of time. You may even need to alter the model itself. For that I'd suggest a series of trials and error. Since you haven't attached (or comitted) to a particular part of the LH to the model itself you can go back and make changes easily while seeing how it will look. Remember to save after every change you make, this way you can go back to a specific period of work if necesary. It leaves you with a bunch of annoying files you have to delete when you are finished but believe me, it helps a lot to be this tedious.

9. Oskar Kahn

Oskar Kahn Chieftain

Hi! I wonder if someone could make a Gustav Vasa/Gustav I of sweden leaderhead for me.He could use Ragnars beard, the face of Louis or Bismarck maybe + joaos body
    or the spanish king from colonization.

Here is a picture of him:

If you google it anyone you will find a lot of good pictures.

10. Oskar Kahn

Oskar Kahn Chieftain

Here are some more pictures of him:

Spoiler :

11. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Here is a leader I would love to see made, I already suggested this like a month ago. The problem is that all the LH makers are busy, so don't expect this soon.

12. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Chieftain

A picture of an excellent Gustav Vasa Civ III LH to show you him with the "cartoony" ness:

13. Oskar Kahn

Oskar Kahn Chieftain

Yeah its looks nice, but i´d like it to match th eother LH´s from civ4 a little better.

14. Oskar Kahn

Oskar Kahn Chieftain

The Capo has done an excellent Gustav Adolph so if we make this leaderhead and use the Carolin unit we have got a great new civ!

15. MadmanOfALeader

MadmanOfALeader Chieftain

Methinks that if that Gustav Vasa in the picture is made, we could make another LH out of it as well. Trim the beard, change the hair color, tan him up, take away the hat and put him in a suit, we'd have Lula da Silva!

16. Oskar Kahn

Oskar Kahn Chieftain

Maybe, i think he may look a little bit "special" towards the other leaders. He is not at all made in the same style as for example Ceasar or Asoka...

17. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

I guess you guys will be annoyed by this. Anyways. I worked on my Imre Nagy LH. Well, actually I only played around with its background and I am not yet finished. However, I'd use that LH, as a first version at least, if only one of you would fix the two bugs. They are:
    - the eyes are turning out,
    - the mouth is distorted a bit or at least the smile is strange
    Both seem to be caused by the animation and I don't have a clue about that. From what I read i could be made bynifskope... The new package (there are some additional background files, don't mind for them; use peter_bg.nif and .kfm) and a preview of the LH are attached. The mentioned bugs can be hardly seen on the image. You'll have to try it out in civ4.

18. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Chieftain

It looks okay to me :dunno:

19. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

As mentioned you haveto see it animated to see the bugs, but then they are obvious. Especially at the beginning of the animation played in the civilopedia, when he is shown from the side, you see the eyes turned out...

20. zbelg

zbelg Chieftain

I will offer my firstborn to anyone that can make a leaderhead for His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Norton I. I want to make him a new leader for the Americans. For those of you who are unfortunate enough not to know, Norton I was a celebrated San Francisco eccentric who proclaimed himself emperor of the United States, calling for the dissolution of congress, the capture of Andrew Jackson (so he could shine his boots), the banning of the word 'Frisco', and Queen Victoria's hand in marriage.

I really don't know how to implement his badass iconic hat without a load of work, unfortunately. I don't know enough about 3d modelling to have a strong standing ground, so forgive me if what I'm suggesting isn't possible, but I was thinking Lincoln's head with Napoleon's body and animation. If there's any way to get Churchill's hat and somehow get the peacock feather in, even if it's just a change to the texture, it'd be golden. His outfit is blue Civil War regalia.

I tried to find a good picture of 19th century San Francisco or the SF–Oakland Bay Bridge for a background
    http://z.about.com/d/gosouthamerica/1/0/J/J/15982920Saltacatedral.jpg
    http://leblog.exuberance.com/images/_images_2005-09-19-BayBridge-San-Francisco.jpg