Leak on Official Civ Japanese webpage details on Gauls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that the Oppidum just directly unlocks Apprenticeship makes sense to me, because if it didn't you'd have to wait an entire era to build the Workshop.
I thought the way it was translated makes it to where it does unlock an era earlier, it just doesn't get the ability to do bombardment until Apprenticeship.

I thought the way it was translated makes it to where it does unlock an era earlier, it just doesn't get the ability to do bombardment until Apprenticeship.

It would make sense, and there would be no need to offer a tech just because you built an IZ.
It's weird to have to wait until you build your workshop, but you get the IZ early, that's something already !

It would make sense, and there would be no need to offer a tech just because you built an IZ.
It's weird to have to wait until you build your workshop, but you get the IZ early, that's something already !
It could simply be the eureka for apprenticeship rather than the tech itself. This would be relevant for shuffle mode.

I wonder if a person that knows Japanese can make a more accurate version cause Google Translate is not very reliable.

there's a female model in the Gaesetae unit wearing a plaid skirt
This and the general association of plaid fabric patterns with the Gauls/ Celtic cultures makes me wonder whether this is the DLC that corresponds to the Steam depot codenamed 'Plaid'. @Eagle Pursuit ?
If so, the other depot codenames can be looked upon with additional certainty as hints towards upcoming Civs or leaders.

This and the general association of plaid fabric patterns with the Gauls/ Celtic cultures makes me wonder whether this is the DLC that corresponds to the Steam depot codenamed 'Plaid'. @Eagle Pursuit ?
If so, the other depot codenames can be looked upon with additional certainty as hints towards upcoming Civs or leaders.
We know the Maya/Gran Colombia pack was called Runner. Maybe it was related to the civ ability of extra movement?

I assumed Ethiopia might have been Plaid but I guess it never was confirmed, so you are right it could be this one. I guess we should be looking at the names more clearly.

November is apparently MoorTires which could be something related to North Africa or maybe even just Portugal considering the Moors had control over Portugal for hundreds of years.

Nope. The Byzantine/Gaul DLC was SoonTM. Ethiopia was Plaid.

Plaid is a reference to Plaid Speed from the movie Spaceballs.

Of them all, I would say MoorTires is the only codename that seems like a direct clue to the content.

Last edited:
I wonder if a person that knows Japanese can make a more accurate version cause Google Translate is not very reliable.
Well, unless somebody copied the entire thing, it can't be done anymore. They have now changed all the information from Gauls to Byzantium. But because Gauls most likely will been revealed tomorrow (or maybe even today if we are lucky), I don't think it really matters. Weirdly enough, eventhough the text should be in Japanese, the entire thing is in English.

Of them all, I would say MoorTires is the only codename that seems like a direct clue to the content.
Although we know nothing of its contents and the other codenames have no connection with the content either?

I love you Eagle Pursuit but this is 100% complete wishful thinking.

Well, unless somebody copied the entire thing, it can't be done anymore.
See here.
But because Gauls most likely will been revealed tomorrow (or maybe even today if we are lucky), I don't think it really matters.
It was interesting last week, but as you say it's really rather moot now.

By the way, Ambiorix was one of the playable commanders in Total War Arena (the game that will return in 2 days) and he was dedicated as ranged focused commander which used ambushed from woods. You may see him there:

I'm curious if he will look much differently than that.

I would hope so. Ditch the "woad" and the DnD Barbarian look and give the poor guy some chainmail.

UNIQUE UNIT - GAESATAE
The cost of training the elite units of Ambiorix is higher than that of a warrior, but combat power is added when fighting against stronger enemies and areas.
SPECIFIC AREAS - OPPIDUM
Oppidum is an area that is cheaper and can be built earlier than industrial areas. When completed, the "apprentice system" technology will be released. It is able to defend, performs its own long-range attacks, and receives a large amount of adjacent bonuses from quarrys and strategic resources.

But the promo pic is Byzantine Dromon. eh? did Gauls also develop their classical galleys of similiar style??

The blurred pic at the september reveal video seems to point out he will be red-headed, so that’s a difference alteady. Civ vi has often taken inspiration on well-known paintings or other forms of art of the leader, therefore our best guess can be this

Spoiler :

As you have both a painting and a statue for the price of 1.

Otherwise, if you want something ¿less fantasized?. This could be as well the model

Spoiler :

(as per Karel de Kessel painting in Wikipedia)
Which seems to match other depictions, as this relief

Asterix_Gauls.png

Code cracked.

********** = astérisque

You're welcome.

Ditch the "woad" and the DnD Barbarian look and give the poor guy some chainmail.

But Barbarians can only add both DEX and CON to their AC if they’re unarmored, so wearing chainmail wouldn’t work. And they’d get Disadvantages on Stealth rolls, so that’s a problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom