Leak on Official Civ Japanese webpage details on Gauls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. Looking them up the Gaesetae lived near the Alps next to the Rhone river. It wouldn't make sense.

Also according to the Greek historian Polybius is was the Gaesatae who fought at the front and went into battle "naked". The name comes from "armed with javelins".
Well at least they won't be completely naked in game. :lol:
Biggest let down of this pass

指導者の固有能力 - エブロネスの王
「エブロネスの王」の能力により、アンビオリクスの文明は非民間人ユニットを訓練すると、そのユニットのコストに応じた文化力を得ます。さらに隣接する戦闘ユニット1つにつき、近接戦闘、対騎兵および長距離戦闘ユニットの戦闘力が追加されます。

Leader ability: King of Ebrones (not sure about the spelling)
When training a non-civilian unit, receive the cost in culture (Edit: more accurately, receive culture answering to, depending on, or in proportion to, the cost... It would seem weird if you get tons of culture by training your first slinger!). Also, for each adjacent unit, melee, anti-cav and ranged units receive a combat bonus.

固有ユニット - ガエサタエ
アンビオリクスの精鋭ユニットの訓練に要するコストは戦士より高いものの、より強い敵や区域を相手に戦う時に、戦闘力が上乗せされます。

Unique unit: Gaesatae (spelling? Here I've pretty much just gone with the romaji)
Although the training cost is higher than a warrior, it's combat strength is higher against stronger enemies or districts

固有区域 - オッピドゥム
オッピドゥムは工業地帯よりも安価に、より早い段階で建設できる区域です。完成すると「徒弟制度」技術が解除されます。防衛が可能で、独自の長距離攻撃をおこなえ、採石場や戦略資源から大量の隣接ボーナスが得られます。

District: Oppidoom (yes, that last syllable is pronounced the same as "doom" in Japanese)

Cheaper than IZ, and is available earlier. Once complete, unlocks (yes, the term used is straight unlock, and not just the eureka bonus) the apprenticeship tech. It can defend itself, using ranged attacks, and receives major adjacency from quarries and strategic resources.

I know JP (N1 JLPT) so I've translated them by hand comparing the terms actually used in the game. Hope this helps!

However, we are still missing the civ ability... here there is just leader ability and 2 uniques.... Any idea?

Last edited:
It’s almost frightening how much the celts match my play style. Emphasis on IZ with extra bonuses which I usually don’t build, extra defense so you don’t have to build or upgrade military units, passive culture that helps when you are sending out settlers to found new cities.

The only thing I am missing is it being science based instead of cultural

Based on what we saw in the preview video, the Civ UA grants a culture bomb on (likely just resource) mines, +1 Culture to mines, and possibly an adjacency bonus to Theater Squares from mines.
I am going off the cuff here, but I think there may be some bonus to strategic resource acquirement as well. That, or perhaps extra science/culture from harvesting bonus mine/quarry resources

I am going off the cuff here, but I think there may be some bonus to strategic resource acquirement as well. That, or perhaps extra science/culture from harvesting bonus mine/quarry resources

I'm only reporting what could be construed from the video, which is already pretty impressive.

Based on what we saw in the preview video, the Civ UA grants a culture bomb on (likely just resource) mines, +1 Culture to mines, and possibly an adjacency bonus to Theater Squares from mines.

I thought it was the amber on the tile that gave +1 culture ?

I'm going to go ahead and say that the civ ability could be called La Tène, representing the mixture between culture and metalworking.
Plus the early La Tène culture was centered around Gaul.

It may be possible that luxury mines grantt culture while strategic ones grant science

Last edited:
it will be really weird to give the Gaesatae to Ambiorix. I mean, IIRC it's more tied to Gaulish culture (gaesatae, these singular transalpine Celts) and it is totally not related to Ambiorix and the Eburones.
It's sure than it's not rather the Gaul Unit instead of Ambiorix Unit ? or I misunderstood something ?

it will be really weird to give the Gaesatae to Ambiorix. I mean, IIRC it's more tied to Gaulish culture (gaesatae, these singular transalpine Celts) and it is totally not related to Ambiorix and the Eburones.
It's sure than it's not rather the Gaul Unit instead of Ambiorix Unit ? or I misunderstood something ?

I don't think it translates well. I'm sure it's Gaul's rather than Ambiorix's unit.

Based on the screenshot Arioch has, it actually looks like there's a female model in the Gaesetae unit wearing a plaid skirt and white blouse with her shield and spear. The others are bare-chested men in pants.

Forgot to mention this is almost exactly how I would have wanted Scotland's Highlander UU to look. I'm glad we are getting the look in some form.

It would be nice if Ambiorix got some kind of unique unit that could help with ranged defense. The Gaesatae seem nice, but I don’t know how reliable they will be

The synergies between early industry, industrial culture, and apprenticeship, etc. are well designed.

Almost like a dwarf civ to me (although the industrial dwarf is a Germanic thing and we already have Hansa).

Sounds cool. If this is true, definitely feels like I'll be giving them a shot first next week.

The synergies between early industry, industrial culture, and apprenticeship, etc. are well designed.

Almost like a dwarf civ to me (although the industrial dwarf is a Germanic thing and we already have Hansa).
Yeah as opposed to a more Druidic Elf civ which they could have leaned in that direction if they wanted to. :mischief:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom