Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

What you'd need is a rival to Songhai's domination of Africa. The Zulu maybe :D

Also, why is there no one in the Americas?

This map is an Old World start, otherwise giving three civilizations carte blanche over two continents gives them an unfair advantage. :) I have no desire to add in any modded civs, so unless the Zulu are released as DLC I need another solution.

Instructions for Installation

Find and download the mod through the online hub. Then go to your list of installed mods and make sure that "Legendary Earth Mod" is checked. Start a single player game through the mod menu. Under the map list choose "Legendary Earth" and tick "Load Scenario". Then choose your civilization and play.

I hope that clears up any confusion, I meant to post that earlier.

What if I can't find the map list? Here's my single player menu, accessed through the mod folder:

Attachments

• Single Player.jpg
    Single Player.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,265
You need to go to "Set Up Game" first just like you would for any other single player game. Then under the map type menu you'll find Legendary Earth.

Also, please use
Spoiler :
tags for large images. :)

A few things:

Australia has very few snow-capped mountains and no mountains in the center of the desert. Normal mountains should run up the eastern coast (there is a narrow strip of fertile flat land between the mountains and sea that Sydney etc are built on). Uluru (Ayer's Rock) is strange precisely because it is a mountain in the middle of flat plains for thousands of kilometers. Snow-capped mountains exist in the southeast part of the east coast mountains, but mountains do not run all the way down to the southern coast and only 4/5ths of the way up towards the north. (That northeastern tip is flat and marshy/tropical savannah).

You could probably get away with a couple of tiles of normal mountain in the Kimberly region (look it up in google).

Australia's desert is mostly flat land with some sand dunes. There is bits of rocky desert but the majority of it is flat semi arid land with sand dune areas. So sand dunes as hills might be better but it's not particularly important.

Uluru could be represented by 1 hill in the middle of flat desert.

Spain and France could use some extra land tiles added to make them look a bit better and to help out the land-starved European civs.

The British Isles/Iceland look weird but it might be necessary for game purposes. It might be better to make Greenland smaller (it's almost all ice anyway so who cares) to open up more space in the north atlantic/north sea.

Gratz on a very good map. :)

I recently went and removed one by one every mod I had. I went back to download this mod/map. Only it does not show up once installed with the browser. Actually I can't find a folder for it. I know how to download and install mods. However, I can't get this one to show up at all. Second thing, is it really only 14kb or is something wrong with what I'm trying to download?

Thanks.

Hi again, DarkJedi06. It response to your earlier inquiry: yes, the problem is recurring. I started a new game as the english and about the same time (130 or so turns into the game) the game crashed. I doubt this is a problem with my hardware since I never have experienced similair crashes while playing normal games. (EDIT: I also tried updating my drivers as recommended elsewhere but no improvement on the issue)

Im unable to upload a savefile at this point, just wanted to let you know tho. I'll try playing another civ and see if I have the same problem with them.

So another playtest comes to an end... (a rather abrupt one thanks to the Permenant Peace bug :sad:). But I'm still making tweaks and getting an idea who is over/underpowered. My last game was as Darius, and I must say that Persia is inherently difficult to play as as you are smack dab in the middle of it all. I've fought wars with Arabia, Ottomans, Russia, Greece and India, usually on multiple front and I was hanging on by thread for most of the early game. But now India and I are in permanent peace so the integrity of the whole game is ruin, urgh. :cry:

Anyway, I've noticed that Russia is still owning everyone. It seems that Songhai has been toned down enough that Egypt is now able to contend with them in Africa. Rome and Germany almost consistently do poorly as does China. So I'm still working on fixes for them before the next version is released.

Thanks for the map Im having a lot fun! I'm playing at prince level and I just have a problem trying to load the map. Somehow doesnt load it correctly. I'm attacking the file plz look (if u got the time! )
Please check at Japan too. It seem that they do not develop as It should (2 cites including their capital) Also nobody care to settle the Americas

Thanks again for your work! and sorry for my english.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0380 AD-1960.rar
    905 KB · Views: 177
Very nice map. Really enjoying playing as England (thanks to the fact that their starting location is actually viable!). Currently up to turn 234.

I've noticed two issues, however. The first and most important is that it crashes often once you get passed the early game :(. I know others have reported this. My crashes are persistent, but do not happen at a specific turn. In other words, if I reload after a crash I can usually continue playing, but the game will likely crash anywhere between 3-10 turns later. This is obviously quite annoying, especially because it takes so long to load a huge map on my computer :(. Not sure how you can debug this.

The second issue is that some countries occasionally get the wrong icon in the notifications involving war/peace declarations. For example, the tooltip would show that the Arabs declared war on Songhai, but it would have the icon for Egypt instead of the Arabs' icon. Still, it's a minor issue compared to the crashes :p.

Thanks for the map Im having a lot fun! I'm playing at prince level and I just have a problem trying to load the map. Somehow doesnt load it correctly. I'm attacking the file plz look (if u got the time! )
Please check at Japan too. It seem that they do not develop as It should (2 cites including their capital) Also nobody care to settle the Americas

Thanks again for your work! and sorry for my english.

I don't know what you mean by having a problem trying to load the map. Also, the way the AI is programmed at the moment the computer players won't found cities over an ocean. As to Japan, they will usually only found 2-4 cities and sometimes expand through conquest into mainland Asia. Both of these are problems with the game itself and not the mod.

Very nice map. Really enjoying playing as England (thanks to the fact that their starting location is actually viable!). Currently up to turn 234.

I've noticed two issues, however. The first and most important is that it crashes often once you get passed the early game . I know others have reported this. My crashes are persistent, but do not happen at a specific turn. In other words, if I reload after a crash I can usually continue playing, but the game will likely crash anywhere between 3-10 turns later. This is obviously quite annoying, especially because it takes so long to load a huge map on my computer . Not sure how you can debug this.

The second issue is that some countries occasionally get the wrong icon in the notifications involving war/peace declarations. For example, the tooltip would show that the Arabs declared war on Songhai, but it would have the icon for Egypt instead of the Arabs' icon. Still, it's a minor issue compared to the crashes .

I have the same issue with the mismatched icons on both modded and non-modded games so I'm pretty sure this is unrelated to the mod. As to the crashes, that is most likely due to your machine not being able to handle a huge map. What are your system specs and what kind of settings are you playing on?

I have managed to get rid of the crashes by playing in windowed mode! It has been 25 turns since the last crash :D. Odd since I didn't change any of the graphical settings or resolution, just made it windowed.

I haven't noticed the mismatched icons in vanilla civ5, hopefully they'll sort that out in the first patch.

Could you create a downloadable from CFC version of this?

Version 4 is now available through both the Mod Browser and the CFC Database.

Enjoy. :)

I played it, I liked it, I think India needs a Gems to the SE of the spawn point on the hills not on the coast

Why that? You may have heard of the Hope Diamond, it came from India along with many other huge diamonds

EDIT: could you post screen shots of India in strategy layer so I can make sure it has the right resources (I'll move on to others later)

I played it, I liked it, I think India needs a Gems to the SE of the spawn point on the hills not on the coast

Why that? You may have heard of the Hope Diamond, it came from India along with many other huge diamonds

EDIT: could you post screen shots of India in strategy layer so I can make sure it has the right resources (I'll move on to others later)

You can just open the map in the WorldBuilder and take a look at the resource distribution for yourself. Resource placement is not 100% accurate because I've attempted to reconcile it with gameplay...so India will not be getting another luxury in range of its first city.

You can just open the map in the WorldBuilder and take a look at the resource distribution for yourself. Resource placement is not 100% accurate because I've attempted to reconcile it with gameplay...so India will not be getting another luxury in range of its first city.

How do I use world builder?

EDIT:
I meant all the way to the SE which is out of the BFH
other items that should be there
Gems to the 3NE-2E Persepolis; Lapis Lazuli
Gold 3 NW of Kotte (CS); Kolar gold fields
Iron 2 NW of Kotte; wootz steel

How do I use world builder?

EDIT:
I meant all the way to the SE which is out of the BFH
other items that should be there
Gems to the 3NE-2E Persepolis; Lapis Lazuli
Gold 3 NW of Kotte (CS); Kolar gold fields
Iron 2 NW of Kotte; wootz steel

You have to download it, it's under Library > Tools > Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK through Steam (it's free).

As to the resources, you have to understand that balance is the number issue regarding their placement. As it stands now, India pretty much has unrestricted access to Cotton, Dyes, Ivory, Sugar, Pearls and Silks...and if you play your cards right India could also grab Incense, Marble and Spices. That's nearly every luxury resources, or in other words the potential for 45 happiness. They don't need Gems too...and in fact that could probably stand to get a bit nerfed in the resource department.

If I reshuffle the Indian subcontinent (which I probably will), I will consider your suggestions when swapping out luxuries.

Hi, Dark Jedi 06. First thing I want to say that you've made a great map. I have improved your work a little bit. Here is what I've done.
1. Remade south Greenland. Now it's not only covered by ice, but players are able to settle there. Also added there aluminnium, oil and whales.
2. Added Enisey and Angara rivers in central Siberia.
3. Added Kolyma river in eastern Siberia.
4. Added Kama river in European side of Ural mountains.
5. Changed Russia, Helsinki, Greece and Turkey start locations.
6. Replaced some uranium mines.
All changes we're made using real world maps. So if that would help you to improve your map, pm me, and I could send you my version of map.

Top Bottom