Levy Spearmen

Balam-Agab

God King
A pair of levy spearmen meant to represent farmers plucked from their fields to defend their lands. Requested by COAtlantis1745.

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Download

Absolutely wonderful, and executed so fast! Thank you very much, Balam-Agab! :goodjob:

i assume they are somewhere from Mediterranean regions...

When I play the game, I almost always play in Epic mode. For my own modding purposes, I was looking for a levy unit that could be upgraded as resources permitted.

We have a huge list of spear units available on CFC, but very few represent the peasant-class. So I requested this guy to upgrade into the classic spear and shield unit with either copper or iron in the Ancient Era. I also wanted the finished product to be as generic as possible so that it could be used across the cultural board.

I foresee this unit upgrading into a medieval peasant-with-pitchfork levy via the era change artwork option. As far as I know, a pitchfork levy is under-represented in the database. I believe Sandris began work on one but afaik it has yet to be completed. It would be nice to see one that matches his medieval settler and worker.

@Virote: the medieval peasant by Kinboat is a bit outdated, despite all the respect I have for Kinboat and all his great creations, it's not one of his bests... a new one would be nice.

^ I have every respect for past works. In this case however, I would second a new approach for an pitchfork-armed peasant levy. Nothing quite beats the current uses of the paperdoll model and the prop library we have amassed.

The INIs are missing. Not a problem since I just wrote my own, but you might want to add some for those who aren't as experienced. ;)

Awesome! I'm going to implement these right away, the placeholder units I've been using aren't as good. Thanks!

The INIs are missing. Not a problem since I just wrote my own, but you might want to add some for those who aren't as experienced. ;)

Thanks, it's been fixed.

Good units, Balam-Agab!:goodjob: They (and the other packs you've made) will come handy when all the civs in my mod gets unique ancient warriors. Thank you very much.

Jorsalfare

A pitchfork-armed peasant would be nice, but this unit -- particularly the one without the shield -- is perfect for untrained militia and mobilized villagers. Also, it's generic enough for three of the five standard culture groups, and an enterprising modder can select from quite a few units already on the forums for the American and Asian groups.

Not a unit request, but a multiunit of a pitchfork peasant and a unit carrying a torch (such as the guy in the Firaxis Fire Catapult) would make a nice angry mob to storm Frankenstein's or Dracula's castle with.

Top Bottom