Like a Sir!

I had a look at the save, Moscow only has 2 archers and St Petersburg has 4~5. It seems that now may be the correct time to attack. Just keep spamming axes until Stalin is defeated. Let's hope that third settler settles a decent city. I would also move that warrior from Moscow to our Southern city and send the axes after Moscow>St Petes and then his third city.

Ok, the PPP seems straightforward. Spam Axes using 2 pop whips wherever possible. Crash a skull. Will play in 2 hours.

Actually, I'm going to play tomorrow evening. Baseball night. ;)

So, we have a war to begin and a skull to smash. Actually woop might be right - if we attack soon we hit Stalin in his expansion phase when his forces are spread out. I decide to get a couple of more Axes - and with the total count of 13 we declare.

Quite conveniently the troops can land on the forested tile just next to the city - non-rivered too! A dream for any attacking player who has played some MP in the past...

Battle Stats:
Units victorious while attacking: 4
Units victorious while defending: 0
Units withdrawing while attacking: 0
Units defeated while attacking: 4
Units defeated while defending: 0
Units escaping while attacking: 0

We lose 4 Axes, but then Moscow is ours.

Unfortunately no infra in it, but just like that we have broken Stalin. I decide to march north to check on the recently settled city as St. Pete is size 1 still. Stalin makes us a nice present:

2 free workers, I'll gladly take those. Our army is at the door of the northern city with movement left, so if the team decides to take and raze the city, we could do it turn 0 in the new turnset. St. Pete is size 1 still. I think we can kill Stalin at our ease now as his prod is broken. We should get a Library in our cap up soon.

Spoiler the Log :

Logging by BUG Mod 4.5 [Build 2245] (BtS 3.13-3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 65/500 (1400 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:02:17]
90% Research: 17 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
10% Gold: -4 per turn, 18 in the bank

After End Turn:
Paris finishes: Axeman
A Hamlet was built near Orleans

Turn 66/500 (1360 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:02:18]
Paris begins: Axeman (5 turns)
90% Research: 14 per turn
10% Gold: -5 per turn, 14 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Paris
The whip was applied in Orleans
Orleans grows to size 2
Orleans finishes: Axeman

Turn 67/500 (1320 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:03:07]
Orleans begins: Axeman (7 turns)
90% Research: 18 per turn
10% Gold: -6 per turn, 9 in the bank

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Mathematics

Turn 68/500 (1280 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:03:57]
Research begun: Masonry (5 Turns)
90% Research: 16 per turn
10% Gold: -7 per turn, 3 in the bank

After End Turn:
The whip was applied in Orleans
Paris grows to size 3
Orleans finishes: Axeman

Turn 69/500 (1240 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:05:18]
70% Research: 14 per turn
30% Gold: -2 per turn, 0 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia) towards The Sir (France), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 70/500 (1200 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:06:15]
The Sir (France) declares war on Stalin (Russia)
60% Research: 11 per turn
40% Gold: -6 per turn, 0 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards The Sir (France), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 71/500 (1160 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:07:18]
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman loses to Russian Archer (2.04/3) (Prob Victory: 8.8%)
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman (1.55/5) defeats Russian Archer (Prob Victory: 15.8%)
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman loses to Russian Archer (2.46/3) (Prob Victory: 24.5%)
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman 9 (Orleans) loses to Russian Archer (0.96/3) (Prob Victory: 59.4%)
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman 8 (Orleans) loses to Russian Archer (0.18/3) (Prob Victory: 47.6%)
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman (4.05/5) defeats Russian Archer (Prob Victory: 99.3%)
While attacking in Russian territory at Moscow, Axeman 1 (Orleans) (5.00/5) defeats Russian Archer (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Captured Moscow (Stalin)
Moscow begins: Granary (61 turns)
Moscow begins: Axeman (36 turns)
30% Research: 5 per turn
70% Gold: 6 per turn, 63 in the bank

Turn 72/500 (1120 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:08:47]
Axeman promoted: City Raider I
Axeman promoted: City Raider II
50% Research: 9 per turn
50% Gold: 0 per turn, 69 in the bank

Turn 73/500 (1080 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:09:32]
While attacking in the wild near Novgorod, Axeman 7 (Paris) (5.00/5) defeats Russian Worker (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
A Cottage was built near Paris
A Mine was built near Paris
50% Research: 8 per turn
50% Gold: -4 per turn, 69 in the bank

After End Turn:
Orleans grows to size 2

Other Player Actions:
Attitude Change: Zara Yaqob (Ethiopia) towards The Sir (France), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 74/500 (1040 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:10:43]
Paris begins: Settler (15 turns)
50% Research: 11 per turn
50% Gold: -3 per turn, 65 in the bank

After End Turn:
Whip anger has decreased in Orleans

Other Player Actions:
Civics Change: Charlemagne(Holy Rome) from 'Paganism' to 'Organized Religion'

Turn 75/500 (1000 BC) [13-Aug-2012 19:12:35]
Paris begins: Settler (11 turns)

Attachments

• The_Sir_BC_1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    101.3 KB · Views: 124
Variant requires capitulation (vassalage), tech extortion (alphabet) or annihilation which may well prove expensive.

got it

the plan seem to be:
- remove stalin getting 1 city or two (vorgorod can be raze IMHO).
- tech aestetic or monarchy or currency/code of law <- to be define
- grab the marble to build wonders faster
- grab the barbarian city in the south

Aesthetics>lit etc would be good but I'm also aware of our general atheism at present so that might be an argument for CoL. We may be too late for Oracle but we could defer the annihilation of Russia for a few turns.

for Oracle, it was still ok when I proposed it, but now (1000 BC), it's definitively too late.

Stalin has 4 Archers in Novgorod and 5 in St Petersburg. I say we keep all cities and we will have a nice spot to found a later North Eastern city as well:

The barb city also looks like a nice enough little town:

We need to get Novgo ASAP and a few more axes to take ST Pete's within the next TS, IMO.

I wouldn't raze any of the cities captured either.

I don't plan to raze them, just that we don't really have time for them not to autoraze.
novdogrod seems like a bad city if you ask me.
If it will not rise a pop by 2 turn maximum, its a dead one.

if you plan to kill stalin completely you could wait it out standing nearby...the AI won't have production anyway...

I played the round.
Killed Stalin.

I succeed to keep all cities.
I regret that we didn’t follow the casern path because a plain axeman has only 20-25% chance (4 axes for 2 archer) to kill a fortified archer. A CRI see his chance of success skyrock to 45% (3 axes for 2 archer). When we consider that a casern is only 1.5 axemen…
Well, the job is done.

At this time, armies are marching to the barbarian city. I’ve just killed an archer doing a forest walk outside his city.

I build some granaries and a settler.
We need to build more workers but I hate to build workers with 1 pop cities :(. Therefore, I delayed this action but it should be a priority of next player.
The settler is in place for my proposed settlement. This settlement need to be discussed.
The worker is also in place to build the quarry in case of agrement.

We are actually in anarchy because Charlemagne told us that boudism is so great that he would be pissed if we don’t convert.
I convert for relation bonus with our two neighbors and because we will need religion one day…

Top Bottom