List of Mac-compatible MODs

Thanks, Alan! It took me a while to get around to digging my old copy of Warlords out of the basement, but Paasky's mod does indeed work on my Mac.

A word of advice to any one new to this mod: play on Epic or Marathon otherwise you will run through the tech tree far too quickly. I only had six cities, three of which were stuck at population 2 in the mountains, and I was able to focus on beakers/great scientists/great people and get most of the technologies within 1 turn.

Just wanted to add for anyone else who is searching for the Italian renaissance: arkh's scenario includes all of Italy, and not just the north, runs on Mac BTS, and has cities/civs already built up instead of starting from square one. But Paasky's mod does feature a unique tech tree with lots of great people, and there aren't some weird quirks like other world religions being founded at turn 3 (Hinduism in Marseille) or the Italian leaders still showing up as vanilla civs in certain places.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17711

Hi, is there any similar Mod as Giant Earth Map Mod for Mac ?
I've changed my comp from PC to Mac and now I am completely lost what to play...

Hi, is there any similar Mod as Giant Earth Map Mod for Mac ?
I've changed my comp from PC to Mac and now I am completely lost what to play...

I'm not aware of any I'm afraid. On Mac BTS it's impossible to have more than 18 civs in a game, and that's a mechanic that most Giant Earth Map-like mods rely on. That said, some may still work if increasing the civ limit is the only DLL change they make - though you're limited to 18 civs at once of course. However, you want to check if the mod also contains components such as Better AI (BBAI), Dale's Combat Mod (DCM), RevDCM, 'Unofficial' patches, Advanced Diplomacy, Super Spies (some of the more common DLL alterations) - these will not work on Mac.

This is intended to be a list for all variants of the game. However, not many players are submitting information.

Sorry, I just moderate this forum and try to provide some Mac tech support (that's increasingly difficult as my hardware gets more out of date!). I don't play any Civ games these days, and I only try out mods when players are having technical difficulties.

I'm not aware of any I'm afraid. On Mac BTS it's impossible to have more than 18 civs in a game, and that's a mechanic that most Giant Earth Map-like mods rely on. That said, some may still work if increasing the civ limit is the only DLL change they make - though you're limited to 18 civs at once of course. However, you want to check if the mod also contains components such as Better AI (BBAI), Dale's Combat Mod (DCM), RevDCM, 'Unofficial' patches, Advanced Diplomacy, Super Spies (some of the more common DLL alterations) - these will not work on Mac.

thank you, so yours history rewritten mod also works on mac only with 18 Civs ?

thank you, so yours history rewritten mod also works on mac only with 18 Civs ?

Yes, History Rewritten is 100% Mac compatible but you cannot have more than 18 civs in a game. Windows users can add an optional file to bypass that limit. Note though that while HR comes with several real world maps, I haven't been keeping them up to date with the rest of the mod too well and they're missing some terrain and resources that the rest of the mod has.

I would like to know if anyone have ever tested caveman 2 cosmos on mac, i havn't seen anyone mentioning it in this topic and it would be great to get this mod working on our computers... Hope this topic isn't dead :)

Hi, welcome :wavey:

I think I see references to a custom DLL in the forum thread. If it uses one, it will not run on the Mac. But I'm not going to download that monster to find out!

Caveman 2 Cosmos has an extensively modified DLL and could never be made to work on Mac BTS.

Hey Guys,

Any of you know if there's a non .exe file for the Bluemarble graphics MOD available for Colonization?

Seems to me a converted version should work because it also did the trick for the BTS version.

Let me know...

18 is the absolute maximum for Mac BTS, there is no way around this.

How does the pre-shipped Road to War work with 36 civs on mac than?

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 7.28.02 PM.png

Top Bottom