Discussion in 'CivBE - Stories & Let's Plays' started by SupremacyKing, Sep 9, 2014.
We are going to learn more about the espionage system in CivBE.
YAAY YAY YAAAAAY
Oh Yeah. I'm sure the ARC bought up old CIA and NSA units when the government were unable to operate them during the Great Mistake. That's how I like to see their faction bonus anyway ^_^
I see the ARC as more like a cyberpunk mega-corporation gone very Orwellian. Neo-feudal capitalist police state. The all-seeing eye symbol is the icing on the cake. I can see myself being very evil when I play as them.
Ah. Finally. I've been very curious about covert ops lately.
I hope they cover how we can pick spies up as well. I know there are a couple of virtues that provide them, but a maximum of two seems pretty lame. Maybe you get an extra one for special buildings (like NIA in BNW). Or by Affinity levels, or Virtue Tiers (though this may be to game - warping; you can get to tier 3 in five or six virtues).
I do believe there are wonders/buildings that provide spies and that is the main way you get them. I have not heard anything about maximum of 2 spies.
Well. Trade Routes have been uncoupled from the tech tree as well as spies. Since trade route quantities are now proportional to the number of cities, it seems likely that spies are as well. maybe the Spy Agency provides two spies each and can be built in every city. It isn't like you can use them to coup all the city-states at once so there is less need to restrict them.
IDK how spies were in Civ V but I thought back to the spy units of Civ IV. You actually had to get them where they were going. Would make for some great skins in BE. Imagine a normal futuristic operative, a shapeshifting alien for harmony and a "skin-job" type spy for supremacy.
The Spy Agency isn't a regular building, prob its a national wonder, you can build only one per civ.
The Spy Agency has a Building icon, but it appears in the Wonder list. This together with the description makes it seem like it's a once-per-player National Wonder type building that unlocks covert ops. I don't know how spies are acquired, but we'll find out on Thursday.
I'm hoping that spies aren't just allocated to you the way they are in Civ V.
My personal hopes for how to acquire Spies:
1. Spies can be build ...but at an increasing cost (the ones from buildings/wonders/virtues are truly Free)
2. The thing you use to build spies...spies (one of the Activities they can do is "Training"
3. Get some Spies once you build the National Wonder "Spy Agency"
But I could also see if they are bought with energy or built with hammers
Other thing to know is if Covert ops costs anything other than Spytime.
IIRC, one of the livestreams verified that it's some form of wonder by showing it on the Diplomacy screen who had built it. The fact that said screen also listed the Headquarters (Palace analogue) means it probably is a national wonder.\
(The Affinity Livestream, I think, where Late Game Purity looked at people before going to war with Supremacy Kozlov).
On Solar gamer gameplay its also listed as a wonder on the building queue, you can see it near the end of second video if I remember.
Compiling a list of questions
1. How do you acquire spies?
2. Can you lose spies?
3. Are there costs to their activities?
4. What types of info gathering benefits do they get?
5. (Of course) what are all of their possible activities and the stats on each one?
6. How do we get intrigue in a city?
7. Does intrigue affect anything besides which activities we can do?
8. do activities use up Intrigue (or anything else like energy?)
One of the major feature, hope it doesn't disappoint and is a good step up from C5.
I have some other questions
1) Can you have more then one spy in the same city ?, at least Propaganda implies that with gains health per spy in capital
2) What are the definition of intrigue and its application ?, its a chance of get discovered or is a resource to do another activity, it was mentioned that you see an icon when intrigue gets high, and that it was needed to activities, but then again, if it increases the chances to get caught it is a good thing to have an ability that generates more intrigue like ARC ?
1. Yes (they mentioned that at another time)
2. It is something you build up in a specific city allowing you to perform actions (lvl 4 required for 'covert bomb/siege worm' . lvl 5 required for flipping city) not sure if actions use it up or not.
How about the intrigue raising the chance of your spy getting caught ? Any info about that part ?
Also, can "harmless" action, like surveillance the equivalent of a diplomat in civ 5 just to see what your opponent are building, get your spies caught or raise intrigue
That we don't know..put in questions
Separate names with a comma.