Live stream "Covert Ops: a Closer Look" Thursday, Sept 11 at 2pm EST

I'm glad to see spies are able to carry out considerably more tasks than in Civ5. For me, that's the most important thing they needed to work on.

I'm glad to see spies are able to carry out considerably more tasks than in Civ5. For me, that's the most important thing they needed to work on.

Well they removed some things that spies used to be able to work on.

You no longer have City States. Stations don't appear to have any "influence levels" so there are no 'station coups' or 'rigged elections'.

Although it would be nice if you could trigger 'embargos' where a station would no longer trade with a particular civ (for a limited amount of time)

Sure, they removed specific stuff related to city-states because city-states no longer exist, but I don't doubt there will be ways to covertly interact with independent stations. My point stands: besides extreme measures such as siege worm strikes and dirty bombs, there's simpler stuff like siphoning energy. All presumably in addition to the basic two things spies did in other civs in Civ5, tech stealing and reconnaissance.

I hope they put the old SMAC option to try to incriminate other factions if you spy gets captured
I have fond memories of turning the Belivers and the Hive into each other and enjoying my transcendence alone

I am so looking forward to this topic to see if ARC is going to be as strong a Sponsor Choice as I have hoped. I am still holding out hope for two classes of Spies, the Spy and the more powerful Great Person Spy.

I am so looking forward to this topic to see if ARC is going to be as strong a Sponsor Choice as I have hoped. I am still holding out hope for two classes of Spies, the Spy and the more powerful Great Person Spy.

There are no Great People in this game so far. Their role has been coopted by orbital units. It would be extraordinarily peculiar for the one type of Great Person to be included to be a Great Spy.

There are no Great People in this game so far. Their role has been coopted by orbital units. It would be extraordinarily peculiar for the one type of Great Person to be included to be a Great Spy.

That said, spy satellites? Please say yes Firaxis.

People should be careful not to let their imaginations run wild and then end up disappointed. What I expect to see is just the Civ V espionage system with selectable mission types and a slightly better UI.

There's an orbital unit called the "All-Seer", so probably yes.

Chances are very high, on Arioch site one of the satellites is named All-Seer, I would say that one is our spy satellite

Pete Murray is too funny:
Pete Murray ‏@FXSPeteMurray 2h
The following tweet has been prepared by ARC Department of Communications, Binding Agreement Division:
The livestream scheduled for Thursday, 11 Sep 2014 contains material which implies ARC participates in unauthorized activity. By viewing that livestream, you agree to absolve ARC of all responsibility for Covert Ops which may occur in any future game you play of BE. This concludes ARC's prepared statement.

Watch him play ARC against the Slavic Federation. CIA Vs. KGB: ROUND 2552. FIGHT! :p

covert ops are a huge improvement over civ5.

recruit defector is a mission that let's you steal a military unit!

Okay, I am revising my opinion on the ARC's UA.

Revising up.

Could somebody please post the link to the twitch channel? Its not in the OP...

Top Bottom