Live stream "Covert Ops: a Closer Look" Thursday, Sept 11 at 2pm EST

Don't mention it. ;)

So we get mid-game techs next week.

Yeah, well it's a relatively straightforward subject this week. Very comprehensive at least!

Agreed, overall it was nice live-stream.

The covert ops system looks so much better than I expected. So many possibilities to screw people over.
The only thing I miss is the option to smuggle resources.

I am pleased with what they showed of the Intrigue/Spy Mechanics and it makes ARC that much more tempting for me to play.

That was interesting, it's looking definitely more deep than Civ V's.

I thought we would see some affinity-related covert operation, like a worm strike, but I'm not complaining.

Unfortunately, they didn't explain how Covert Agents are acquired. I guess we have to assume that they're just given to you when you build the Spy Agency. That's disappointing.

They did right at the end (though I think they might not have if I wasn't spamming the question in chat:D), and you are correct. The Spy Agency provides 3 spies, and more are available via quests, techs and virtues. They said the upper limit was about 10.

Unfortunately, they didn't explain how Covert Agents are acquired. I guess we have to assume that they're just given to you when you build the Spy Agency. That's disappointing.

There's the Virtues...

And at the end, they did mention quests that could give you another agent.

Not in depth, but they said from techs/buildings, Spy Agency, virtues, and quests. I gather an average game we'll have 6-10 spies it sounds.

recruit defector is a mission that let's you steal a military unit!

between that and stations giving tons of units too, military conflict will be happening frequently. That would wreak havoc with diplomatic relations.

10 spies sounds perfectly adequate. Imagine setting off ten thumpers in an enemy civilization... :mischief:

And to think, there is actually a way to win a domination victory without actually going to war! :evil:

Top Bottom