LizNES5: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying, And Love The Bomb

Also, Lighthearter, you mentioned that your stats need updating 'BAD', though didn't specify how. Tell me what I did wrong, and I can fix it.

EDIT: @Shadowbound: Yes, everything was fair and balanced.

Can independent observers confirm the validity of the Colombian Plebiscite?

EDIT: @Shadowbound: Yes, everything was fair and balanced.

This is what i wrote in my orders:

Plebiscite

I wrote a story or several over the last couple turns about the integration of these territories. The people have been witness to the growth of the local economy as a result of the railroad, the union with the rest of the Sitko-Quito cooperative and even local projects like the sewer, electric and television projects of the last couple years.

This year we’ll be sponsoring and holding a plebiscite for the local people to join the United States of Colombia. Already the president has decreed that they will vote in the coming elections and many of the locals from the Central American states are very excited to take part in these elections.

On November 3rd of this year, in a surprising and bold maneuver considering that elections will be only 3 months away, President Perez announces the referendum to be held letting the local population of the Central American states choose to join the United States of Colombia or not. The referendum will be held on November 25th. The short span of time between announcement and the actual referendum is meant to prevent foreign or domestic powers from meddling with the result.

We will invite foreign observers- but only strictly non-governmental, not-for-profit, volunteer, pro-election, pro-democracy observers from Spain, the Confederate states, Ecuador, and from Mexico (as a sampling of foreign democracies) to ensure the vote was fair.

President Perez will openly acknowledge that the action is in part due to the public reaction of California’s government and will publicly thank them for reminding him of the importance of this very requisite action.

EDIT: I hope my ally is happy with the actions we have taken and that we can move forward together.

OOC: I am displeased that you stalled for time so that you could indoctrinate the population, but the outcome will be tolerated.

So, why isn't California in the update? I gave you the orders over #nes, and you acknowledged them, so I did not send a pm.

Who was responsible for the first submarine attack in the caribbean? russia?

Top Bottom