LK World Map Updates

I completed the Argentina diplomacy test (#5)

The following test are still i/p / need to be done.
We have just 2 left, ALL of which are i/p

4) Diplomacy test with contact and Songhai
Play as a neighbor of the VERY AGRESSIVE Songhai, and verify Shaka animation in all 4 eras.
>>> I blew this with Australia, and don't want a repeat. This can crash the game.
Meldor is doing

18) Diplomacy test with contact and Mongols
Play as a neighbor of Mongols, and verify Khan animation in all 4 eras.
>>> I blew this with Australia, and don't want a repeat. This can crash the game.
Dark Sheer is doing

@Dark Sheer -
Are you going to do #18?

Let us now, as next world map game is about to start - just as soon as these two complete.

Lee,

During the Songhai diplo test I found that "not all that is river, is gold" (excuse the pun). On the lovely nile a found some tiles that should be river and weren't. I had started the test with vG so I went and got vM with the same results.

I will be starting the next wm game next week, so I would like to close out the last to test. Meldor is on the way with the Diplo test.

FYI - the latest version is
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/LKWorld-V9N.zip

If Killer or DS can *OFFICIALLY* pick up
18) Diplomacy test with contact and Mongols

I can't do it as...
:mad: I left my PTW disk at the hotel, so I won’t have access to it again until late Sunday night. I will be stretched on with 3 games due on Monday. I am glad to pick up some part time work, but I already squeeze 3 billing days in at night (this year :eek: ) which is really eating into my gaming time.

The Songhai diplo test is complete. It worked fine. I have done three of these, and as of yet, have not remembered to turn barbs off for the test. Do you know how many barbs get generated world wide when two civs cross the age boundaries each time. I had one warrior that fortified on the mountains in Tibet. He must have been attacked by 3-5 barbs a turn for 20 turns before he finally died.

on the tiles: there are tiles that cannot be fixed without altering the shape of the rivers. At least they all are floodplains now. Sorry, there's nothing I could do on these.

on the test: I will know in a few hours if I have time today (depends on how long the FAQ takes).

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
[party]

Lee, start the game!

:confused:
I am already did - din't you see the LK39 thread and wanting you to reconfirm in that thread?

Bringing this one back up to the top. I would like to start thinking about version 10.

1) Brazil is still a natural monster. Does industrious make them to powerful? I am beginning to think so. I will stick with religious for one attribute, but open to suggestions for the other.

2) Do we want another Civ in South America? If so, whom would you suggest?

3) The review of Argentina really helped, and I am open to a review of Brazil for city names, leader names, etc.

1 + 2) these two go together i think, add a civ (and even if it is a roadbump civ only) and Brazil will slow down.

let me check some maps and books ;)

mayans, with industrious as one attribute, maybe not religious as there are enough reli civs there already.

It appears I have enough players for another round.
Of course, civ4 will probably be out before we play all of the civs ;)

==================================

V10 -
Changes in 10A are:
Made some changes for the rivers by Egypt to elimate the flood plain overload.
Did a cleanup of the river system where clicking the tile for river changes the riverflow.
This is a broken river square with PTW.
I also eliminated a few rivers for squares that already get fresh water via lakes.
I deleted a few illegal rivers squares per ptw - ones that beeped when trying to add them.

Changed one forest to grassland near Argentina to help out.
Brazil is now commercial, not industrious.

Fixed upgrade of Longbowman to Guerilla.
Fixed the no-name leader for the Songhai.

=====================================

I had help getting Argentina better.
I am open to people helping to further improve the accurateness of Brazil and Austrlia.

There is nothing to do at the moment. The above changes don't require any testing.

Right now this is many to start thinking about *IF* any significant changes are even needed.

Top Bottom