LK127, Monarch, Vikings, Hub Map

Turnset Highlights:

2110 BC - Mysticism in --> Sailing

2020 BC - Find Brennus' lands to the West

1990 BC - Whip the Settler

1900 BC - Meet Vicky

1870 BC - Found Uppsala on the red dot, begin an obelisk before military... and there are barb archers floating around

1780 BC - Sailing comes in. I begin Masonry.

Nidaros will finish a warrior in 2. I was very paranoid about barbs, since a barb archer was dancing along Nidaros' borders. Our worker is building a pasture on the cattle at Uppsala.

Save

Summary:

Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic -
Iron Works -

Planed wars - None

==============

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Swiss Pauli
Pigswill
Kodii
GreyFox (currently playing)

Remember 15 peace / 10 war turns per round. STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to complete.

Win target: Open

Quiet turns ... 15 passes by very fast this early.

We met HC, the current score leader and Hindu founder:

We got writing ...

I swapped build from workboat to library (why are we building WB anyway? To explore the hub?). It should be whipped with 2 pops once the capital turn unhappy (3 more turns).

You should also notice in the above screenshot that the barb that has Kodii worried died into the club of our warrior.

Our scout found Persia:

And as if on cue, Cyrus asked for OB. I agreed.

Here is our 2 city empire:

>>> The Save (1300BC) <<<

Spoiler log :

Logging by Ruff's Cobbled Mod Pack v2.0.4 (Warlords v2.08) - New Log Entries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn 75/660 (1750 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:24:39]
Nidaros grows: 3
Nidaros's borders expand

IBT:

Turn 76/660 (1720 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:27:52]
Nidaros finishes: Warrior

IBT:

Turn 77/660 (1690 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:28:56]

IBT:
Judaism founded in a distant land

Turn 78/660 (1660 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:29:57]
A Pasture was built near Uppsala

IBT:

Turn 79/660 (1630 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:30:30]
Nidaros grows: 4

IBT:

Turn 80/660 (1600 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:31:19]

IBT:

Turn 81/660 (1570 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:32:08]

IBT:
Contact made: Incan Empire

Turn 82/660 (1540 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:32:53]

IBT:

Turn 83/660 (1510 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:33:58]
Tech learned: Writing

IBT:
While defending in the wild near Nidaros, Warrior defeats (0.10/2): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 60.2&#37;)

Turn 84/660 (1480 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:34:30]
Research begun: Iron Working (19 Turns)
Nidaros begins: Library (135 turns)
Nidaros grows: 5
Uppsala grows: 2

IBT:

Turn 85/660 (1450 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:36:11]
Uppsala finishes: Monument

IBT:

Turn 86/660 (1420 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:37:13]
Uppsala begins: Trading Post (18 turns)

IBT:

Turn 87/660 (1390 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:37:35]

IBT:
Civics Change: Huayna Capac(Inca) from 'Paganism' to 'Organized Religion'

Turn 88/660 (1360 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:38:30]

IBT:

Turn 89/660 (1330 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:38:50]

IBT:

Turn 90/660 (1300 BC) [18-Feb-2007 18:40:12]

Summary:

Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic -
Iron Works -

Planed wars - None

==============

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Swiss Pauli (on deck)
Pigswill
Kodii
GreyFox

Remember 15 peace / 10 war turns per round. STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to complete.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/1898/LK127_BC-0925.CivWarlordsSave

1300 BC
There is nothing to change.
(IT) Brennus offers OB, and I accept.

1210 BC
I whip the library in the capitol.
(IT) Vicky offers OB, and I accept.

1150 BC
(IT) Our scout dies to a barb archer.
Huayna offers OB, and I accept.

1120 BC
I forget who suggested it, but I like the idea of a wine cottage.
It looks like the trading post in Uppsala was premature. We know have an archer two tiles away, and there is nothing I can do to avoid having the cattle pillaged. Right now I wish I had a couple more warriors.

1090 BC
I have no choice but to whip slow growing Uppsala for a warrior. What a waste of a whip.
(IT) Our warrior by Nidaros is down to .1 health.
We lost a warrior in Uppsala.

1060 BC
With 99&#37; odds I have to try, and kill that annoying archer by Uppsala.
With more barbs appearing I have no choice but to waste a whip in the capitol for a warrior. :mad:

1030 BC
(IT) We survive the current warrior by Nidaros.

1000 BC
We have another frelling barb archer north of Uppsala.
(IT) We enter the classical era.
Some games are really tough for tech path. I finally pick mediation to head toward Monarchy. That will be a big step toward larger cities.

985 BC
(IT) The jungle is good enough to keep our warrior barely alive. The bad news is there is another warrior and an archer behind that attack.

970 BC
(IT) We meet Caesar. There are certain civs I am never happy to meet. We sign OB with him.

955 BC
(IT) The jungle lets us beat the archer, but then we then lost our warrior to the barb warrior.

940 BC
(IT) The shield wastage has been absurd. We lost another warrior.

925 BC
We kill that latest offending warrior.

=======================

Summary:
I had to waste 2 whips on warriors, and we are still hurting badly. IMHO the trading post was premature. It has been delayed my whole turn set, and I am still hurting for military with all the causalities we have suffered.

We desperately need to get those horses connected to build some better units.

Do I need to even state why I want lakesville as city number 3?

Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic -
Iron Works -

Planed wars - None

==============

Signed up:
LKendter
Swiss Pauli (currently playing)
Pigswill (on deck)
Kodii
GreyFox

From what Lee said above, I assume that the closest iron is at Lakesville.

There is one very awkward location above the capitol, but it falls OUTSIDE of all the planned cities BFC. I would rather get the location that works within our city map.

There is one very awkward location above the capitol, but it falls OUTSIDE of all the planned cities BFC. I would rather get the location that works within our city map.
Got it, but I looked at where this Iron was, and as a result, moved the proposed city 1 tile west. With sheep in the initial radius, I think this may be a better city 3 than Lakesville, given our urgent need for metal. What do you guys think?

At the moment we're still a couple of sets from city#3. Pasturised horses and three or four chariots will hopefully give us some breathing space. Given the nature of the map there's plenty of fog for barbs to breed in.

I think we need a diversion to Archery, unless iron pops up within either of our BFC.
I'd have to agree on this one. Bit of a waste with an AGG civ, but with a(nother) barb archer threatening I don't think we'll be able to get the horses up and running more rapidly than we can train/whip an archer or two.

/lurker on

Got it, but I looked at where this Iron was, and as a result, moved the proposed city 1 tile west. With sheep in the initial radius, I think this may be a better city 3 than Lakesville, given our urgent need for metal. What do you guys think?

Why don't you move it 1S instead, you lose the 1st ring sheep (2nd ring now, but Iron is also 2nd ring in both situation), but will get the wines (probably already inside your capitol cultural area) and several other tiles that would be wasted under your first dotmap (without losing anything else than shore and sea tiles).

/lurker off

Jabah

@Jabah - Not sure if it's so clear in the screenshot, but the more northerly of the two wines is actually in the capital's fat cross, and '1W' will also get the fish in its fat cross. And another part of the idea was to get it up and running more quickly than Lakesville by pasturing the sheep in the first ring.

Without the grid on it is tough for me to call. If I am counting correctly we need obelisk, 2 road segments and a mine to get iron on-line if we build sheep city.

Lakeville, one of our two food heavy cities (GT or GP farm depending on timing) needs obelisk also. However, it appears slower to start based on the fact its food appears in the second ring. That would delay the building of the obelisk via whip. The number of roads appears the same.

Swiss, if you can confirm what I guessed on looking at the map without a grid, then I agree sheep city is city #3.

@Lee - making a 'jigsaw ID' I think you're right on the requirements (I don't have CIV access right now), and another tipping factor is that we can lay the two tiles of road up to the Sheep/Iron in advance and speed the settler's journey.

Had to reload this one: on turn 1, whilst trying to place a sign, I managed to put a large chunk of our army (a warrior) next to a barb archer :crazyeye:

After the reload, I managed to bit less stupid:

No, I didn't declare war! Thankfully, some foreign mercenaries helped with our barb problems:

Archery completed on turn four, so I polished off Medi and went to Priesthood.

A settler was started at Nidaros on reaching size 4, but I'd like to thank our mercenaries once again:

The settler gets whip and founds our third city on my last turn. And here's an overview of the military situation. The AI is minding our eastern borders for us and the barb warrior might suicide again our warrior after the next player hits enter.

I'm up next but won't be able to play until tomorrow evening.

Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic -
Iron Works -

Planed wars - None

==============

Signed up:
LKendter
Swiss Pauli
Pigswill (currently playing) And already got it. :)
Kodii (on deck)
GreyFox

Sorry for the delay. Played 15 peaceful turns. Report and save to follow tonight.

Top Bottom