LK151 - WM, where are we?

…we pick off five American units and a settler in safe attacks (26-9), then grant Abe peace on strictly even terms. :mad: America would give us about 7 gpt, but I avoid this in case it affects our thinking about whether we can return to war before twenty turns have passed.

We turn our most productive cities over to knight builds.

Rio trebuchet --> settler, Claudia Donovan pikeman --> pikeman, Cure Dream worker --> wealth (for one turn, to put the town on a stable cycle) --> worker, River Tam courthouse (lumberjacked) --> barracks, Chloe Armstrong harbour (lumberjacked) --> galley, Ezra Scarlet temple (rushed) --> aqueduct.

150 (5): We begin redeploying our forces for an attack on Venezuela.

We send Indonesia Currency in exchange for a renewed ivory supply. I don’t think our previous ivory deal ran its full length, so something happened to the supply route.

We send Egypt Chivalry for 21 gpt and 39 gold, then sell India Republic for 11 gpt and 32 gold. Both Egypt and India are struggling New World civs in this game, so letting them have techs for modest amounts is harmless.

We found Dr. Carl Hill on a sliver of neutral land between Natsu D and Cincinnati, to get a little more benefit out of the American war. This town will be at some flip risk, but it will give us a tremendous head start in the next war with America, basically getting us past a mountain range. In fact, it’ll perform this function even if it does flip and we re-take it on the first turn of the next war.

Salvador knight --> knight, Brasilia knight --> courthouse (useful for three-turn knight production), Five Wheat Feat worker --> worker.

170 (6): The Babylonians demand dyes away from us.

Belo Horizonte knight --> knight, Mal Reynolds treb --> treb, Dr. Carl Hill temple (rushed) --> walls.

190 (7): We buy a worker from the Sioux for 119 gold.

We’re informed that the Babylonians have wiped out the Germans.

Rio settler --> settler, Five Wheat Feat worker --> worker, Fortaleza marketplace --> knight, Claudia Donovan pikeman --> pikeman, Cure Dream worker --> worker.

210 (8): The Venezuelans join America’s war against Russia. That’s not as helpful as if America and Venezuela were fighting each other, but it should pull Venezuelan units away from our border with them before we attack.

Salvador knight --> knight, Brasilia courthouse --> knight, Artie Nielsen knight -->knight, Lucy Heartfilia temple (rushed) --> harbour.

230 (9): We buy a worker from the Sioux for 118 gold.

Five Wheat Feat and Cure Dream worker --> worker.

250 (10): We send Engineering to India for a renewed supply of spices, along with 7 gpt and 53 gold. Two other trade possibilities are discussed below.

Two elite victories this round didn’t produce a Great Leader.

Well, I hated to make peace with America, but that was effectively an AW campaign without our usual preparations for AW. Replacing two American cities with three of ours was an excellent result in the circumstances—full credit to Greebley for that. :thumbsup:

Venezuela looks like our logical next target, and we’ve concentrated some forces around Cure Dream, but I don’t think we need to make the attack immediately. Ten turns in which we build knights (as we’re now organized to do efficiently) while the Venezuelans move their units westward to fight Russia should set us up well. And if the team decides at that point that we’d rather wait a few more turns and renew the American war, we’ll have that option too.

Babylon’s monopoly of Gunpowder remains the only tech in circulation we don’t have, so we’d have to be very unlucky not to get that one from the Great Library, and with Theology still undiscovered Chemistry is a real possibility.

We can sell Monotheism to Russia for 35 gpt and 13 gold, and my assumption is that we should do it. I’ve held off in case anyone feels that it isn’t in our interest to push the world closer to Education while we have hopes of getting Chemistry from the GLib.

We can also sell Mono to Venezuela for 366 gold, but this one I wouldn’t do. We can sell something to the Venezuelans to bankrupt them just before we attack, but otherwise we shouldn’t help them.

Five Wheat Feat operates as a simple two-turn worker pump, while Cure Dream also yields every two turns but needs to pick up the shields from its mined hill on growth. Both need to be reset to +10 food after they’ve produced.

Rio isn’t operating as a classic settler pump since it’s above size seven, but as long as we keep it at +10 food it’s efficient. The town will lose population until it reverts to a normal 5 --> 7 pump, but that’s fine.

The six native workers SE of Herbert West (the Chinese workers can leave, since seven native-equivalents is an awkward number) should remain in the area until they’ve roaded and mined all the city’s hills. Then we can quickly merge HW into a powerhouse, as we’ve done at Fortaleza.

The nine worker-equivalents above Helena G. Wells (covered by a knight) are meant to road and mine the hill tile they’re on and then the two to the NE.

Brasilia is producing three-turn knights at a slight food deficit, but it won’t matter for a long time. In fact, if you really like MM ;), the deficit is only necessary for one turn in the three—23+23+24 = 70. Thus, right now the town isn’t in deficit.

Artie Nielsen is at -1 food for its present knight build, but can then be reset for an efficient 18 spt at neutral food.

Salvador, irritatingly, can’t be brought above 23 spt until we plant a forest there. So for the moment we should short-rush knights with a pikeman, going from 23 shields to 30, to keep the town producing every three turns. Once this has been done (as it just has been) we can MM Salvador to 20 or 21 spt with more food and commerce for two turns.

Our Arctic curragh is trying to reach Greenland—I believe the safe hop is very close now.

At least the Russian / American war let us ding America a little. :)
I thought we would have made it further, but I guess Russia did a lousy job distracting America.

ROSTER:
LKendter (on deck)
Greebley
Northern Pike
CommandoBob (up)

The war was shorter than I had hoped but I agree with you decision seeing the American forces. It may be best to keep 4 units in Wendy Marvel and Natsu Dragneel. I think that is the number required to keep them from flipping though it may be 8.

Dr Carl Hill might be less flippable if it got the library and any other culture buildings, but I am not sure. Cincinatti is a small city and has less culture than Brazillia. I forget if investigating a city will tell us the culture, but if it does and the prices isn't a lot we could see if Dr Carl Hill could become dominant. That would get at least one square back and make it more likely to still be ours by the next war. However, it may not be doable or cost to much. Maybe though this would be a waste if it had the temple at the double culture bonus and a library as well, we can't catch up. We shouldn't put any valuable units like Elites or Armies into that city.

In any case I agree with a war with a smaller civ like Ven. now to get Armies for our next war with America. We will definitely not want to wait too long on our next American war if we can help it given the flip risks. Certainly once we have Cavalry, we will want to eliminate America entirely but getting rid of 2 cities greatly reduces our flip risk and could be sooner.

Monarchy
100% Tax
000% Science
000% Luxury

5237 gold, +358 gpt

Gunpowder in 33 turns.

City Builds
  1. Salvador (12): vKnight in 2, grows in 5.
  2. Rio de Janeiro (10): Settler in 1, grows in 2.
  3. Natsu Bragneel (3): market in 18, grows in 2.
  4. Brasilia (12): vKnight in 2, zero growth.
  5. Five Wheat Feat (6): Worker CCM in 2, grows in 2.
  6. Belo Horizonte (7): vKnight in 3, grows in 3.
  7. Fortaleza (12): vKnight in 2, zero growth.
  8. Claudia Donovan (9): VPike in 1, grows in 6.
  9. Artie Nielsen (9): vKnight in 3, -1 food per turn, decrease to size 8 in 17 turns.
  10. Helena G. Wells (6): aqueduct in 6, grows in 10.
  11. Wendy Marvel (3): worker CCM in 2, grows in 2.
  12. Cure Dream (5): Worker CCM in 3, grows in 2.
  13. River Tam (4): barracks in 6, grows in 2.
  14. Captain Mal Reynolds (7): trebuchet in 1, grows in 9.
  15. Jayne Cobb (2): aqueduct in 14, grows in 1.
  16. Herbert West (6): aqueduct in 4, grows in 5.
  17. Megan Halsey (3): aqueduct in 26, grows in 2.
  18. Mrs. Frederic (4): market in 85, grows in 2.
  19. Leena (3): courthouse in 27, grows in 4.
  20. Chloe Armstrong (2): vGalley in 25; grows in 7.
  21. Dr. Jeremy Franklin (2): harbor in 36, grows in 4.
  22. Adam Brody (2): harbor in 51, grows in 7.
  23. Lucy Heartfilla (2): harbor in 59, zero growth, one geek.
  24. Erza Scarlet (2): aqueduct in 95, grows in 7.
  25. Grey Fullbuster (2): trebuchet in 20, grows in 2.
  26. Dr. Carl Hill (1): walls in 7, grows in 2.

Resources
02 Iron
04 Horse

Luxury
02 Dyes
01 Wines (Venezeula, 19 turns)
01 Furs (Mongols, 3 turns)
01 Incense (Sioux, 4 turns)
01 Spices (India, 20 turns)
01 Ivory (Indonesia, 15 turns)
01 Silks (Venezeula, 19 turns)
01 Gems (Egypt, 3 turns)

City Count
44 Babylon
38 America
38 Venezuela
31 Sioux
30 Aztecs
30 Russia
27 Indonesia
26 Brazil (LK151 People)
24 China
19 Egypt
17 Australia
17 Mongols
15 Zululand
12 India
11 Persia
09 France
02 Songhai

Military
04 Settler
32 Worker CCM
14 Slaves
05 Warrior
09 Spearman
02 Swords
18 Pikes
05 Catapult
01 Catapult (captured)
06 Galley
22 Mace
06 Trebuchet
02 Curragh

Current Units: 119
Allowed Units: 068
Support Costs: 051 gpt

We are Weak compared to:
  • Venezeula (Republic)
  • China (Monarchy)
  • Indonesia (Despotism)
  • Babylon (Monarchy)
  • America (Monarchy)
  • Aztecs (Monarchy)

We are Average compared to:
  • Zululand (Despotism)
  • Sioux (Republic)

We are Strong compared to:
  • MOngols (Despotism)
  • Russia (Monarchy)
  • Shonghai (Despotism)
  • Egypt (Republic)
  • Austrailia (Despotism)
  • France (Despotism)
  • India (Monarchy)
  • Persia (Monarchy)

We are at peace with everybody.

Notes
Outside Cure Dream:
06 Catapults
01 eMace
13 vMace
01 ePike
04 Settlers
06 Trebuchets
03 vKnights

Need a north-south road from Captain Mal Reynolds to Grey Fullbuster; needs 2 forest tiles roaded.

Need four units in Wendy Marvel and Natsu Dragneel to reduce the flip risk to 0%. Wendy Marvel, with two units, has a flip risk of 0.051 to 0.058%; Natsu Dragneel, with three units, has a flip risk of 0.005 to 0.009%.

Dr. Carl Hill needs 20 or 21 units to have a 0% flip risk. Currently, with 3 units, the flip risks are from 0.592 to 0.631%.

It will cost 24 gold to investigate Cincinnatti.

Dr. Carl Hill will have cultural expansion this IBT.

One Indonesain Spear tresspassing south of Artie Nielsen, trying to attack America.

Plans

Worker Tasks
Road and mine the hills at Herbert West.
Road and mine the hills north of HG Wells.
Road from Captain Mal Reynolds to Grey Fullbuster.

Next City Builds
  • Salvador: vKnight in 2 -> more vKnights.
  • Rio de Janeiro: Settler in 1 -> more settlers.
  • Natsu Bragneel: market in 18.
  • Brasilia: vKnight in 2 -> more vKnights.
  • Five Wheat Feat: Worker CCM in 2 -> more workers.
  • Belo Horizonte: vKnight in 3 -> more vKnights.
  • Fortaleza: vKnight in 2 -> more vKnights.
  • Claudia Donovan: VPike in 1 -> more vPikes.
  • Artie Nielsen: vKnight in 3 -> more vKnights.
  • Helena G. Wells: aqueduct in 6 -> library/barracks.
  • Wendy Marvel: worker CCM in 2 -> more workers.
  • Cure Dream: Worker CCM in 3 -> more workers.
  • River Tam: barracks in 6 -> vPike.
  • Captain Mal Reynolds: trebuchet in 1 -> more trebuchets.
  • Jayne Cobb: aqueduct in 14.
  • Herbert West: aqueduct in 4 -> market.
  • Megan Halsey: aqueduct in 26.
  • Mrs. Frederic: market in 85.
  • Leena: courthouse in 27.
  • Chloe Armstrong: vGalley in 25.
  • Dr. Jeremy Franklin: harbor in 36.
  • Adam Brody: harbor in 51.
  • Lucy Heartfilla: harbor in 59.
  • Erza Scarlet: aqueduct in 95, grows in 7.
  • Grey Fullbuster: trebuchet in 20.
  • Dr. Carl Hill: walls in 7 -> barracks.

Park new units at Cure Dream.

Furs (MOngols) and Gems (Egypt) trade deals expire in 3. Trade older tech to Mongolia for Furs. We have nothing to sell Egypt for more Gems.
Incense (Sioux) trade deal dexpires in 4. Nothing to sell to the Sioux.
We will have to see who is willing to deal with us when these end.

It's unpleasant to see those numbers suggesting that Venezuela is just as strong as America. We can hope it's not true, due to Venezuela's apparently inferior city sites.

Since there's been no objection, please be sure to sell Monotheism to Russia for 35 gpt and 13 gold before we hit Enter.

As you imply, the numbers on Dr. Carl Hill's flip risk will improve after its cultural expansion.

Maintaining our supply of all eight luxuries would be nice, but isn't essential. We certainly don't want to pay the high eighth-luxury price in gpt or gold.

The nine worker-equivalents above Helena G. Wells (covered by a knight) are meant to road and mine the hill tile they’re on and then the two to the NE.

Well, not the tile two directly north of Helena G. Wells, which doesn't belong to any city. :lol:

0 0250 AD

Sell Monotheism to Russia for 35 gpt and 13 of 13 gold.
[IBT]
Watch America attack Indonesian spear near Artie Nielsen, the Yanks lose round one and win round two.
Pre-boot from Babylon.
Indonesia attacks the victorious Yank Knight and dies.
Boot from Zulu.
Venezeula and Russia trade small blows.

Rio de Janerio: settler -> settler in 3.
Claudia Donovan: vPike -> vPike in 3.
Captain Mal Reynolds: trebuchet -> trebuchet in 4.

Dr. Carl Hill has culture expansion.

America is building Sistine Chapel (Theology).

1 0260 AD

Both Theology and Gunpowder will ours via The Great Library.

Dr. Carl Hill's flip risk drops to 0.242-0.261%, needing from 10 to 11 units to prevent it from flipping at all.

Assorted worker tasks and exploring/trespassing.
[IBT]
Preboot by Honest Abe.

We learn Theology.
We learn Gunpowder.
We start on Chemistry, 40 turns.

Salvador: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
Brasilia: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
Five Wheat Feat: worker -> worker in 2.
Fortazleza: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
Wendy Marvel: worker -> worker in 4.
Cure Dream: worker -> worker in 2.

Babylon is building Sistine Chapel (Theology).
Sun Tzu's Art of War is built in Seattle, America.
Sioux are building Leonardo's Workshop (Invention).
Sioux are building Knights Templar (Chivalry).
Leonardo's Workshop is built in Bear Butte, Siouxdom.
Persia is building Knights Templar.

2 0270 AD

We have no saltpeter connected.
There is none inside our borders.
There are two one tile outside our borders. One of them is 1N-2NW of Cure Dream, inside the Venezeulan border. The second is 1N-2NE of Leena, in no mans land but bordered by us and Venezeula. Leena's culture will expand in 18 turns.

Start roads to both sources of Saltpeter.

Move a Knight into Wendy Marvel to reduce the flip risk.

We do not see Seattle, the home of Sun Tzu's Art of war.
[IBT]
Aztecs demand Dyes. They are on the west coast of Africa. We want to say no. And if they were overseas we would. But they are far enough away that by the time they would arrive we would be ready to pounce of Venezeula.

I hate to do it, but we give them Dyes.

Aztecs go from Annoyed to Polite. Fine. I still want to kick them in teeth.

Boot by Babylon.
Boot by Australia.

Belo Horizonte: vKnight -> vKnight in 6.
Artie Nieslen: vKnight -> vKnight in 4 (and back to zero growth).

Egypt is building Knights Templar (Chivalry).
Babylon is building Sistine Chapel (Theology), again.
Babylon is building Knights Templar.

Sistine Chapel is built in Ellipi, Babylon.

America is building Knights Templar.

Knights Templar is built in Persepolis, Persia.

We lost our supply of Furs from the Mongols.
We lost our supply of Gems from Egypt.

3 0280 AD

Rio de Janeiro needs some happiness to stay on track. Luxury up to 10%.

Hill 2SE of Herbert West is roaded and mined.
Move to 1SE of Herbert West.
Road the mountain between Dr. Jeremy Franklin and Adam Brody. Brody's harbor is 48 turns away.

Short rush Pike in Salvador, then switch back to Knight.

Tiles around Fortaleza are all developed; send workers towards Natsu Dragneel to build mines on hills.

Looking for America finds Greenland.
[IBT]
Some unknown friend sinks an attacking Yankee galley.

Boot by Russia.

Rio de Janerio: settler -> settler in 3.
Claudia Donovan: vPike -> vPike in 3.
Herbert West: aquedct -> market in 13.

We lost our supply of Incense (Sioux).

4 0290 AD

We have no more unhappiness isses with only five luxuries.

We have roaded to the Saltpeter NW of Cure Dream, so we add water to the road.

The hill 1W-1NW of Claudia Donovan is roaded and mined. Send the six workers to mined but unroaded hill 1NE of River Tam.
Three workers mine 2NE of Natsu Dragneel. Two slaves road grass 3NE of Natsu Dragneel.
Three slaves start a mine at Belo Horizonte.
Mine the grass 2SE of HG Wells.
Road to the mined oasis north of Wendy Marvel.

I thought I short rushed a Pike in Salvador but I didn't; blast.

We find India in South America.

We sell Currency to Mongolia for Furs and 22 of 22 gold. We lower luxuries from 10% to 0%, gpt increases from 341 gpt to 369 gpt.

Egypt has no Gems and while the Sioux and China have Incense, we have no cheap techs to trade for them.
[IBT]
Indonesia (28) and America (38) make peace.

Preboot by India.

River Tam: barracks -> vPike in 6.

5 0300 AD

Begin to road the Saltpeter by Leena.
Road the forest 1NE of HG Wells.
Road the just completed mine west of Captain Mal Reynolds.
Start a forest chop SW of Leena, so that we can irrigate the grass underneath.
[IBT]
Preboot from Babylon.
Preboot from Australia.
Boot by Venezeula.

Brasilia: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
Forzleza: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
HG Wells: aqueduct -> market in 10.

6 0310 AD

Claudia Donovan: vPike in 1 -> market in 6.

Claudia and Rio are both almost cranky; raise luxuries to 10%.

Hill 1SE of Herbert West is mined and roaded; move to 2NE of Herbert West to repeat.
Move to road the forest tundra 1NW of Leena.
Mine the former forest 1S of Megan Halsey.
Finish the road to mined oasis near Wendy, connect the other oasis, too.
[IBT]
Preboot by Sioux.
Preboot by Venezuela.

Rio de Janeiro: settler -> settler in 3.
Artie Nielsen: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
Wendy Marvel: worker -> worker in 4.
Dr. Carl Hill: walls -> barracks in 20.

7 0320 AD

America and Babylon know Education.

Mine the hill 1S of Captain Mal Reynolds.
Road the hill 1E-1SE of Captain Mal Reynolds.
Mine the BG 1NE of Adam Brody.
Chop near Leena uncovers BG; mine it.
Mine another hill at Belo Horizonte.
Layout a road between Wendy Marvel and Cure Dream, 3 desert tiles.
Mine the grass 1E of Claudia.
Mine another grass around HG Wells.
Road the plains between Rio and Natsu.
Irrigate flood plain southish of Wendy.

The Saltpeter near Leena is roaded, one tile outside our borders. vPike defends it.

We do not put a Colony on the Saltpeter. Leena will expand in 13 turns and we should gain it then by natural means. Right at the moment it seems like the waste of a worker. And if it turns out we do need Saltpeter, we can connect it quickly.

Short rush Pike in Salvador then switch back to Knight.

America has acquired the city of Kursk. Russia is at war with both America and Venezeula.

Consider selling Iron to Russia (22 gpt, 16 of 16 gold) but realize that if Russia is too difficult to attack, America and Venezeula might make peace. So we keep our Iron to ourself.
[IBT]
Boot from Babylon.
Boot from Australia.

Russia (27) declared War on Aztecs (30). Looks like a long distance bad relationship.

We learn Education.
And The Great Library dies in its sleep.

8 0330 AD

Road the mined hill NE of Natsu Dragneel.
Adam Brody is connected to Dr. Jeremy Franklin in Japan.
Irrigate grass north of Mrs. Frederic.
Mine the Iron worked by Grey Fullbuster.

We can sell techs again.
Sell Theology to Persia for 25 gpt and 136 of 136 gold.
Sell Theology to Sioux for Incense, Saltpeter, 19 gpt and 56 of 56 gold.

Drop luxuries to 0%; no one is upset.
At 100% science we learn Chemistry in 22 turns instead of 34, with gpt decreasing from +409 to +127. I think we are better off leanring at one geek speed and stockpiling cash to buy it later.

Sell Monotheism to India for 24 gpt and 25 of 25 gold.

We can sell Iron to Russia except I don't see how our trade route gets there. Thus, no trade.
[IBT]
Preboot by Australia.

Russia (26) and Venezeula (39) make peace.

Belo Horizonte: vKnight -> vKnight in 6.

9 0340 AD

Road forest 1E of HG Wells.
Mine the grass 1S-1Se of Claudia.
Hill 2NE of Herbert West is mined and roaded. Move to 1NE of Herbert West to mine (already roaded).

Discover that Indonesia captured the American city of Spokane.
[IBT]
Zulu demands Horses. We decline. They go away.

Preboot by Mongols.

Rio de Janeiro: settler -> settler in 3.
Brasilia: vKnight -> vKnight in 4 (but nets 23 spt).
Fortaleza: vKnight -> vKnight in 4.
Megan Halsey: aqueduct -> barracks in 7.
Grey Fullbuster: trebuchet -> trebuchet in 8.

We lost our supply of Silks (Venezeula).
We lost our supply of Wines (Venezeula).

I thought we had 19 turns left on those deals but it was only 9.

10 0350 AD

Road from Wendy Marvel to Cure Dream is done.
Road the two desert 'gap' tiles between those two cities, around our parked forces.
Mine the hill NE of Natus Dragneel.
Mine the BG 1E of Ezra Scarlet.
Road the hill 1NE of Leena

We find Seattle, home of Sun Tzu's Art of War, on the east coast of India.

Begin to irrigate towards Dr. Jeremy Franklin in Japan.

Two cranky cities, due to the lack of silk neckties and fermented grapes.
Hire a clown in Claudia Donovan for two turns, until the market completes.
Hire a taxman in Belo Horizonte for an unknown length of time.

And the save is attached.

Attachments

• AD_0350_End02.SAV
    926.5 KB · Views: 182
A whole lot of nothing. No real expansion, no new cities, no pretty pictures.

(And a cranky PC that likes to crash on IBTs, along with a virus scare thrown in too.)

The Great Library has expired. We learned Theology and Gunpowder from it.

With one geek in Lucy Heartfilla we are learning Chemistry slowly. At 100% science we learn Chemsitry slowly, too.

We found India's homeland.

We have sailed around the south end of Greenland.

We met no one new.

America built Sun Tzu's Art of War in Seattle, which we just uncovered on the east coast of India.

Trading
We are down to five luxuries. We lost Silks and Wines this last turn from Venezuela. Venezeula has all the Silk trade. America and Venezeula have extra Wines for sale. They will want cash, since they are just as smart as we are.

Russia still has 19 gpt for Iron or Monotheism, if we want to sell.

Venezule has made peace with Russia. Russia is at war with America and Aztecs.

Random Stuff
We have two Knights on the borders near Venezeula for no good reason, just to be nosey.

Two trebuchets, one Knight and one Pike are heading to the staging area on the flood plains near Five Wheat Feat.

We have zero libraries.

Short rushed settler in Salvador, then back to Knight.

We have Saltpeter from trading. In ten turns we should gain our own source near Leena.

The last tile will be improved around Herbert West this IBT.

Worker Locations/Tasks
Asia
Six workers completed two roads between Wendy Marvel and Cure Dreams.
Two workers irrigating flood plain 1S-1Se of Wendy Marvel, 1 turn.
One lone slave 2NE of Five Wheat Feat, roading irrigated plain, 5 turns.
Three workers 1E of HG Wells, forest road, 1 turn.
Two workers and two slaves 1S-1SE of claudia Donovan, mining grass, 1 turn.
Three workers 1E-2SE of River Tam, forest road in 1.
Two workers 1SE of Leena, forest road in 3.
Six workers completed a hilly road 1NE of Leena.
Three workers 1N-1NE of Natus Dragneel, mining a hill, 4 turns.
Four workers 1S of Captain Mal Reynolds, mining a hill, 2 turns.
Two slaves, 1E-2SE of Captain Mal Reynolds, roading a hill, 3 turns. One more slave is ready to join them next turn.
Six workers 1NE of Herbert West, mining the hill, 1 turn.
Two workers and two slaves, 1N-1NE of Belo Horizonte, mining that hill, 1 turn.
Three slaves 1SW of Belo HOrizonte, mining that hill, 2 turns.

Japan
One worker 1S of Megan Halsey, mining grass in 2.
Two workers 1N-1NE of Mrs. Frederic, irrigating grass, 2 turns.
One worker 1NE of Adam Brody, mining BG, 3 turns.

Phillipines
One worker 1W of Ezra Scralet, mining a BG, 6 turns.

No combat.

Military
08 Settler
44 Worker CCM
14 Slaves
08 Warrior
09 Spearman
02 Swords
20 Pikes
18 Knights
05 Catapult
01 Catapult (captured)
06 Galley
22 Mace
10 Trebuchet
02 Curragh

Current Units: 154
Allowed Units: 072
Support Costs: 082 gpt

Chemistry in 32, 00% Science (geek in Lucy Heartfilla), 00% Luxury, +319 gpt, 9260 gold.

Not much excitement, as you say, but a solid buildup round. :goodjob:

It's a pity we didn't get Chemistry from the Great Library, when we seemed to be on track, but that is a rare result.

Consider selling Iron to Russia (22 gpt, 16 of 16 gold) but realize that if Russia is too difficult to attack, America and Venezeula might make peace. So we keep our Iron to ourself.

I'm glad we didn't do this, but if we had, the precise play would have been to let the Russians keep the miserable 16 gold. Deals on a strictly per-turn basis are less likely to wreck our reputation than those in which we receive something up front in exchange for per-turn payments or deliveries.

It looks as though we're ready to attack Venezuela. Unfortunately their war with Russia is already over, so we need to strike quickly before their stacks make their way back east.

The Venezuelans have 40 gpt available with which they might hire allies, and it's hard to know what to do about that. We could pick it all up for Theology, but that would just guarantee that it would be available to them again when we declare war. It might be better just to hope that they'll spend it on something stupid in the usual AI way before we attack.

We should worker-merge Herbert West up to size twelve next turn. Relying on slow natural growth there would waste the good work we've put into developing it.

I think a marketplace build would serve us better at Megan Halsey than the present barracks build. MH is a classic case of a low-shield town which will never help us much in production, but can contribute a lot of commerce if it's developed that way.

As long as Belo Horizonte has to run a specialist, it can host the homeless scientist and allow Lucy Heartfilia a little growth.

I had an idea. If we picked up Bachs and smiths, could we get a golden age? I think we were religious and commercial which sounds like bach and smiths to me. Prebuilds might get it for us if the current wonder prebuild chain breaks. We could also capture an older religious wonder and have a GA with smiths.

Its worth investigating as waiting to Infantry seems a long while to wait. I am also not sure if there are other wonder pairs that work?

Since we are religious, if we were going to be at peace for a long time we could consider getting more science and gold with Republic. In fact we could decide on the peaceful route now with republic markets and libraries (universities) but we seem to like the war-path. I just mention it as a possibility...

I like the idea of doing something to get our GA before the victory parade, which is what the RP/inf timing amounts to. I can't comment specifically for a few hours, since I'm not at my Civ computer. Obviously the next step is to study where the religious and commercial Wonders we might capture are located.

I can't comment specifically for a few hours, since I'm not at my Civ computer.
:eek: :goodjob:

Is this a Civ only box or just the only one where you have Civ installed?

I need to upgrade from WinXP so I am a bit curious about what you mean by Civ computer.

I will probably finish today. I have a wide open day. Now if some crazy wars start…

ROSTER:
LKendter (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Northern Pike
CommandoBob

I had an idea. If we picked up Bachs and smiths, could we get a golden age? I think we were religious and commercial which sounds like bach and smiths to me. Prebuilds might get it for us if the current wonder prebuild chain breaks. We could also capture an older religious wonder and have a GA with smiths.

Its worth investigating as waiting to Infantry seems a long while to wait. I am also not sure if there are other wonder pairs that work?

Since we are religious, if we were going to be at peace for a long time we could consider getting more science and gold with Republic. In fact we could decide on the peaceful route now with republic markets and libraries (universities) but we seem to like the war-path. I just mention it as a possibility...
Just for reference to any lurkers: Golden Age Triggers by Great Wonders.

JS Bach's Cathedral needs Music Theory, an optional tech. It requires Education, which we have. It is not a known tech to anyone we know.

Smith's needs Economics, an optional tech that requires Banking.

Both wonders cost 600 shields apiece.

The Inquisitive Idiot Kicks In:

Umm...what is our UU, anyway? :crazyeye:

Our UU is BEF - a buffed infantry with 7-11 stats, instead of 6-10.

Looking at the list CommandoBob posted, there are a lot of options of capturing a religious wonder or building Bach's.

The commercial half means either Smiths or Magellaen both of which are good wonders in their own right that we would definitely have a chance of grabbing if we don't fall too far behind in tech.

I think we should go for it, but I would have to look at the situation of religious wonders. We need to have one captured or build before we get the commercial one.

The other way would be to capture the Great Lighthouse (America right?) or Colossus before we built Bach's which sounds more difficult.

IIRC you don't get credit for captured ones. Only for natural builds.

Top Bottom