LK155 - CCM, Maya

I've gotten through much of the process, but I can't load LK's save. I get the "Missing entry in 'text\PediaIcons.txt'" error for ICON_BLDG_Holy_War. If I try to start a new game from Antal.exe, rather than trying to load a save, I get the same kind of error, but for ICON_BLDG_Christian_Community. Does anyone have advice?

LK, by all means start the game, and I'll slot into the lineup when I can.

Edit: I see that Civinator has addressed this point in his to-do list on Civforum.de, but what I assume is the fix (updating PediaIcons) isn't working for me; so, LK, do skip me for now.

Yesterday evening I uploaded the next versionof the biqs and the pediaicons file, especially in concern of those building. Here I used an old link of CCM1 instead of changing the BLDG-entry back to the original name.One reason for your problems could be, that you haven´t updated your files to the new version, the other could be that you received a save file done with the old files and now want to start it with the updated files.

But there could also be a third reason:

Northern Pike, if I remember well, you also had problems with the game not finding the buildin Ankor What in CCM. This was a very early error in CCM1, that was solved for that mod years before you still reported about that error. If you have updated your files of CCM2 It could be, that you still have the old files in the VirtualStore of your windows, overwriting your updated files always with the old files.

Ok, no issues for me to load LK's new file. I am ready to go :)

By the way, I use mapstat while playing to check unhappiness and available trades. It works with CCM2 without an issue.

When we start to play, read this screw over: Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/photobucket-image-hosting.619733/

I'm lucky that I got the cheap pay account, so I am okay for the moment. However, long-term I also will need to dump photo bucket. I'm already pissed that my "ad free" account still gets occasional ads.

@LK Unfortunately, that doesn't help NP's posts - the Civ3 photos have already been replaced by PB's "Give more money!" blurb :(

I've gotten through much of the process, but I can't load LK's save. I get the "Missing entry in 'text\PediaIcons.txt'" error for ICON_BLDG_Holy_War. If I try to start a new game from Antal.exe, rather than trying to load a save, I get the same kind of error, but for ICON_BLDG_Christian_Community. Does anyone have advice?

LK, by all means start the game, and I'll slot into the lineup when I can.

Edit: I see that Civinator has addressed this point in his to-do list on Civforum.de, but what I assume is the fix (updating PediaIcons) isn't working for me; so, LK, do skip me for now.
NP, what version of Civ3 are you using (steam, gog, dvd)? Also, what operating system?

Northern Pike, if I remember well, you also had problems with the game not finding the buildin Ankor What in CCM. This was a very early error in CCM1, that was solved for that mod years before you still reported about that error. If you have updated your files of CCM2 It could be, that you still have the old files in the VirtualStore of your windows, overwriting your updated files always with the old files.

You remember extraordinarily well. :hatsoff: The only way I got around the Virtual Store problem last time was by putting Civ 3 onto a spare computer that hadn't had it loaded before. I hope I won't have to do that again, because I'm running out of Civ-virgin computers. :lol: I'm working on it.

Thanks for your quick and useful response. :goodjob:

NP, what version of Civ3 are you using (steam, gog, dvd)? Also, what operating system?

For the reason mentioned in the above post, the original disks, and I'm playing on a Vista laptop. I appreciate your interest. :thumbsup:

The file not found when I attempt to load the latest (1740 BC) save is now "art\advisors\TQ_all.pcx". Does that suggest anything to anyone?

I had the same errors, until I decided to switch over the installation as a scenario. That helped

The file not found when I attempt to load the latest (1740 BC) save is now "art\advisors\TQ_all.pcx". Does that suggest anything to anyone?
Unfortunately, I do not have many ideas.
It is my understanding that the Virtual Store problem happens with the Win 8 OS. So that should not be an issue on a Vista machine.

"art\advisors\TQ_all.pcx" is included in the download.

Check if you have a good download of Conquests.rar, here are checksums generated from my download:
MD5 Checksum: 74EEAF76C1FAC245248EC7C333DAA966
SHA-1 Checksum: 8593C8282F1E1B4A5F4201B16F7D8D5EC3F42D11
SHA-256 Checksum: 1FC4B968365764C533B3A4BE68D3A526BB5BFC6DB936F34C4ACDB64DB79D876A
SHA-512 Checksum: 36376DDC2CE406CF204E979A0337390BA7B761195C94DD68B8A472E452494699F3B97ABC09963F1C51F556B0591A06B28DE60B48B7EE7CF3B4BEA1892DB1F949

Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility

The Virtual Store even exists in Vista. Unfortunately I never used Vista, but here is a description I have found about it: https://windyweather.net/2008/09/29/vista-virtual-store/

Here are two screenshots -especially the second- I made to help a new modder to find the Virtual Store in Win 7 (to help you understand the description about the search path for Vista in the article above ("So the simple answer is that the files can be found in: C:UsersYourUserNameAppDataLocalVirtualStore and then the appropriate “Program Files” and the program as previously") :

Last edited:
Strange, I'm on Windows 7 but haven't had any problems with Virtual Store.

I did play around with permissions/Run As, though -- my save files go in Program Files, not in Users\AppData\etc

Gentlemen, many thanks for the various forms of help and advice offered above. :hatsoff:My Virtual Store doesn't contain any Civ III files, so that's not the problem, and I don't seem to have a bad download.

I had the same errors, until I decided to switch over the installation as a scenario. That helped.

Is this switch just a question of moving one file from one folder to another, or is it more complicated?

These is a grasping at straws questions:
Did you replace any files in the main Civ3 folder? (If the answer is Yes, replace those files with the originals and try running CCM2).
Did you only replace folders in the Conquests folder with files provided by the CCM2 upgrade?
In the Art folder did you switch Terrain.pcx for one of the other terrains? (If the answer is Yes, replace with the Terrain.pcx that was originally there and try running CCM2.

If you remove all the new CCM2 material can you run CCM1.8?

Thanks for those further answers and thoughts. They'll give me a starting point when I wrestle with this again in September.

Top Bottom