LK155 - CCM, Maya

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
4000 BC (0)

UGG - I deleted my log by mistake, so no detailed report.

It took ages, but we eventually found some civs by land. Several civs have only shown up with ships. I wonder if we have two land masses with a short gap between them.

Buying writing Carthage was a great deal, as the later found civs also needed it so I got a lot of tech from it.

Attachments

• LK155-1740BC.SAV
    639.7 KB · Views: 275
The north:

The east:

The west:

It this our next city site? 2 deer should like us pump out ships to find the possible other land mass civs. IIRC the Dutch, Scandinavia and Carthage were all by sea only.

ROSTER:

LKendter
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)
Elephantium
Northern Pike

Pink Dot looks good as our next city site.

In the next turnset Chichen Itza, Copan, and Palenque should all build or mostly complete temples, so that we can start building Stoneheads (our religious communities).

We need to clear the fog around the cow SE of Tikal so that we'll know how good a city site that area is.

Last edited:
LK, for the sake of the lurkers you might want to add a statement of our premise for this game--no enemy cities held ever, I assume--to your first post.

We also need to clarify whether we have to raze every enemy city, or can retain them until the end of the turn for tactical purposes and then disband them. I strongly favour the latter rule, without which the conquest phase of the game will be slow and tedious.

Oops, we have a problem. We're about complete Slaver's Hut in Palenque, which doesn't have a barracks, and SH isn't a barracks in itself. We don't want regular slavers, so we should switch Pal to a temple build (to be followed by National Symbol) before we hit Enter, and switch the capital from slavery to SH.

The intent was to always raze. Don't even capture for 1 second. I don't think it will hurt the end-game to much, as we should have plenty of combat settlers at that point.

LK, for the sake of the lurkers you might want to add a statement of our premise for this game--no enemy cities held ever, I assume--to your first post.

We also need to clarify whether we have to raze every enemy city, or can retain them until the end of the turn for tactical purposes and then disband them. I strongly favour the latter rule, without which the conquest phase of the game will be slow and tedious.
Are we incorporating Greebley's suggetions about limited Conquest until the Atomic Age and switching to Governments that are not Monarchy?

Are we incorporating Greebley's suggetions about limited Conquest until the Atomic Age and switching to Governments that are not Monarchy?
Nope - one variant is enough.

Preturn: Makes the suggested switch to Slaver Hut in Capitol.
Two of our towns can grow sooner without slowing down their builds, but one would require us to raise lux more so I only do the one.

There are two tech we don't have, Iron Working and Sea Faring but trades are not possible for them.

BTW, Slaver Hut is not as big a deal since we have a regular unit (jav) that makes slaves - we are the Mayans after all. We do like the free units though, so I will build it now.
Copan will want a temple soon. I decide to build it now

1620 BC: Have to increase Lux to 50% now.

IBT: Solomon's Temple completed.

1500 BC: Copan finished Temple so we can go back to 40% lux
It is too bad, there are 4 tech out there that could give us a n-fer if we were richer. As it is we can get nothing.

1420 BC:
Trades:
First we get Mathematics which is known by 2 civs for 15 gpt and 220 gold.

The next trade we can't afford until I switch our cities down but we can barely do it: Math + 27 gpt + 36 gold for Seafaring.

Final Tech we trade Seafaring and Mathematics for Trade and 13 gold. We then pick up cash from Canada (67) and USA for Seafaring(23?)
Putting our towns back to normal and we are at 116 gold and -9 gold per turn. Copan and Palenque can start Markets now. Capitol would get Market in 5 turns but delay a 3rd temple to when Tikal gets it (about 10 turns)

Notes:
Well I will stop here (after 8) in case we do want the Temple first as it would be finished next turn. I changed to the Market in the save as that look higher priority at the moment.

Netherlands is South of us and Canada to the Northwest on our island. Austria had a Scout visit so I think they are on our landmass, probably to the south.
We are at 40% lux and a Scientist in Palenque.

Second trade was more costly than anticipated and we could have just gotten Iron working, but I think the 3-fer makes running a deficit worthwhile. Note that we still can pick up Iron-working if Canada or USA can get it before Math and Trade techs.

I roaded to Pink to get our next town up faster.

You can see Red and Orange borders for Netherlands and Canada:

Attachments

• LK155-1420BC.SAV
    654.9 KB · Views: 257
This should be a deity level game. I did not pick Sid.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Greebley
Jersey Joe (up)
Elephantium (on deck)
Northern Pike

I don't like they way the new forum software wants to add blank lines like crazy when I cut and paste stuff in. Already getting tired of cleaning up the formatting.

@LK What do you use to write your turnlogs? I get a lot of blank lines at work when I copy-paste anything from email into my SQL tools...pasting and recopying into Notepad++ converts it to raw text without the lines.

I also use Notepad++ for turnlogs...it autosaves any files you have open when you close the program. That's very handy for avoiding lost logs :)

@LK What do you use to write your turnlogs? I get a lot of blank lines at work when I copy-paste anything from email into my SQL tools...pasting and recopying into Notepad++ converts it to raw text without the lines.
I eventually take it over to Word so that I can spell check everything.

Top Bottom