1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Loading Problem

Discussion in 'RoM Strategy & Tips' started by Airborne101st, May 17, 2010.

1. Airborne101st

Airborne101st Chieftain

Hey, I just downloaded the .rar file on to my desktop. So I then unzip it and it turns out apprantly I don't have "permission" to put it in the mods folder in Civ 4 BtS. So I unzip it on the desktop and copy the file to the mods folder and it works I have the RoM unzipe file in the mods folder. So I start and load the mod and sadly it wouldn't load.
    How can I fix this? I assume I need to unzip directly at the Mods folder in that case how would I get permission to unzip?

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

To start with, never install anything in Program Files!!

3. Airborne101st

Airborne101st Chieftain

"Hey, I just downloaded the .rar file on to my desktop."
    ???

4. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

With Windows 7, Civ 4 should be installed outside of program files.

5. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

For instance, in C:\Games\Firaxis Games\ etc.

6. Airborne101st

Airborne101st Chieftain

I have C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete should I move it to my desktop or what?

7. os79

os79 Deity

They means that when you reinstall Civ4, if you want to, you should change the install destination to be other than Program Files direction. Reason is: UserSettings. It store your BUG option choices. With UserSettings in Program Files, it is hard to get BUG option choices you made to hold unless you either have UAC off or have a Run as Administrator on. Even with them, it can be still hard. So they recommend to install Civ4 outside of Program Files.