Longest great wall ever!!!

j_mie6

Deity
I think I hold the longest great wall ever!!!!

Spoiler :

More!!!

Attachments

• Longest great wall ever!!!.jpg
    Longest great wall ever!!!.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,201
  • Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0088.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,224
Spoiler :

This is a senario and has not been worldbuildered I built this a couple of turns before...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,124
I have no idea..... actually why am I getting that much!!!???

somebody elaborate, I'm curious...

I only have stone henge and great walll as far as I know have not got colossus because I'm stilling building oracle... loads of shrines to jupiter maybee they do something??? (they are basically monuments with a happiness bonus...)

Courthouses!!! part of the senario is that I start with courthouses in most of my cities and also state property...

Ummm... what lame scenario is this that you have so many cities by this stage of the game?

It is meant to be like that because it is the fall of the roman empire... It's exaggerated I know but it means you are in strike for the early game and then are torn apart by invasion....

I made it yesterday because I was bored...

Nice pictures. :)

A long time ago somebody posted a screenshot of the shortest Great Wall imaginable, it surrounded exactly one tile (which was quite hilarious). I haven't seen a "mine is the longest" contest with regard to Great Walls here, but the thing certainly has potential ... ;)

I think there were some big walls in the funny screenshots thread.

This is a senario and has not been worldbuildered I built this a couple of turns before
This was pretty misleading...
I mean... basically, you set up a situation that is the virtually like WBing it...

Not organic to the game...

You could probably get a really big great wall legit if you played settler/marathon.

Yup. Settler difficulty, Huge Pangea, one opponent, no barbarians. Locate and rush opponent, reduce him to one city, surround it with your army, expand. Build Great Wall when you've settled the whole map. Will produce a pretty screenshot, might be a bit tedious to do though. ;)

You'd have to keep spies in his city to sabotage any construction efforts he'd make, too. Not to mention avoid teching to render the Great Wall obsolete (past which point I assume you aren't given the option to build it any more). So yeah, pretty tedious.

You can build wonders really late on Settler.

Nothing obsoletes the Great Wall - the "can only be built in ancient era" thing applies only to games that don't start in the ancient era.

Hmm, question: What happens when you build the Great Wall while occupying 100% (bar one city) of a sea-less map? Walls along the poles? No wall displayed at all? Crash?

Well you win a domination victory unless you turned that off ;)

You can build an invisible great wall if you fill an Island with culture I think.

I'd assume the logic for placing the Great Wall graphic is simply "place along current borders wherever those borders are not on water/mountains", so you'd just get an invisible Great Wall.

Can you get a disconnected great wall or is it built only around the culture of the city that builds it (and any neighbouring culture)?

EDIT: i.e. if you build it when you have 2 cities with non touching culture do you get the wall around both of the cities culture or just 1?

You can get a disconnected great wall if the connected culture's boundaries pass through water or mountains. But no, you can't put down a bunch of cities in a 10x10 grid and give each one their own giant wall, sadly.

Top Bottom