LotR discussions

If I didn't know better, I would say that Speaker is starting to rival Arathorn in the masochistic department! :p

I say walk before we run. 'Pelago is a natural for the seafaring trait. Going to min land would be too much for me. I like the landmass type--with max land.

We'll have to wait and see how the math works out with free unit support but 2x costs above that. Using the Dutch may not give us such a fair comparison, since we will be growing fairly quickly--especially if we have cities on rivers.

All and all--looks like a balanced attack for Scouting Sid.

The 'pelago map with maximum land is fine with me. I'm looking forward to the game.

@Arathorn - Just checked out the kiddie pictures, but here's another one - What about an "SG Regulars" photo thread? I have always been one to put faces to names, and have indeed done so for many of the regulars here - it would be interesting to see if their pictures match the images that sit in the back of my warped mind :D

**** am I the only European in the LoTR10 roster ?
:sad:
Really dont want to slow you down guys (as in starting late) so I might not be able to play. If Atari make the release date in Europe I could be last in the roster and pray for heavy discussions which might mean I go the game when it gets to me...
:(

NO ONE WILL BE EXCLUDED FOR BEING OUTSIDE THE NOV. 4 RELEASE AREA!!!!

Did you get that? Let me try again!

NO ONE WILL BE EXCLUDED FOR BEING OUTSIDE THE NOV. 4 RELEASE AREA

If you get the game a bit late, you get it a bit late and we'll all work around some initial "problems" with late copies as best we can. It might mean a player or two gets skipped the first round, but it's not something I intend to make a big issue. I want to avoid situations where people are still considering whether to buy it or not or might not have cash or .... I'm not worried about Nov. 14 vs. Nov. 4.

And I'm sure there will be plenty of posts on CFC and other places to get people up-to-speed on a bunch of the changes in C3C.

Two new threads to hopefully start tomorrow. I'm chomping at the bit already, but I doubt any stores will do a midnight release, just for li'l ole me.

Sounds like 'pelago with max land is the popular vote. I'm happy with that -- not exactly what I had in mind, but I like to have some discussion before the game starts (in many SGs but not all). I'll do that.

Thread with our pics? I think I might be in violation of some international treaties for that! :) J/K. Might be worth doing, Arizona_Steve, but I've not got the time/inclination to start it myself.

Arathorn

I just went to about 4 different stores. None of them have the game yet. It is supposed to be available tomorrow. :grr:

I've called a bunch -- no luck here either yet. I remain somewhat foolishly hopeful however. So it looks like both of these games will be delayed one more day. Sigh.

@Ridgelake -- yeah, LotR11 is pretty full. I think the LK game will work better. Catch you next time?

Arathorn

Got the same problem here--no one I've visited has the game--earliest availability is tomorrow.

Originally posted by Arathorn
@Ridgelake -- yeah, LotR11 is pretty full. I think the LK game will work better. Catch you next time?

Arathorn

Had the same thought. Next one sounds good. I would enjoy gaming with you at some point.

This is exceedingly frustrating. Best Buy won't have the game until Thursday and EB won't have it until tomorrow. I live in the fourth largest city in the nation and can't get a game on its release date. What a crock!

I feel your pain. Third-largest here...and it looks like tomorrow. I'm gonna call a few more places right around quitting time for me and see if they got it in during the afternoon, though.

Patience is NOT one of my strong points.

Frustratedly, (and ventingly)
Arathorn

I'm usually very patient (it helps my poker game), but this is exceedingly frustrating. I took this afternoon off solely to buy and play the game.

By the way, I called two Gamestop stores and both told me that the ship date for all Gamestops nationwide was today and it will arrive tomorrow.

If it makes y'all feel better, I didn't see it at Best Buy today either...although I did see plenty copies of Gold :D

/delurk

5th largest city here and no luck. I've actually encountered this in the past. Unlike books, which are shipped the day before, it seems like the release date for a video game is actually the day it is shipped to the store. Consequently, today I was able to purchase the final book in the New Jedi Order series, but unable to purchase C3C. I'm not too worried about it. :)

I'm suffering with you guys. Sneaked out of work lunchtime, checked out the local Comp(ost) USA, Best Buy and EBX Games - the latter ALWAYS has games in on the day of release - and no luck. There's reports of Target putting them out on the shelves this evening, so I'll be out and about later...

Game is now in hand! Will be ready to grab the second set of turns on LotR10.

Top Bottom